Author Topic: Market Direct Campers (MDC)  (Read 31541 times)

Offline woolgoolgaoffroad

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Hardfloor
Re: Market Direct Campers (MDC)
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 07:24:44 PM »
Hi Kev, Once done please post some pictures. We are very interested in improving our product.
I have also passed this issue onto our engineers to see what solutions they can come up with.

This is the 1st time, this has been brought to our attention. I am not aware of any failures in this location in the last 2 years.

Happy Camping ;)
MDC Insider

Hi again,
I havent had any failures but you can see just how tight the corners are. I have tried having the tent very tight and I have tried having it just firm- but still looks the same.
Regards
Kev

http://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com.au
Landcruiser + Ultra Breakaway

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »
Our Cub has a very tight fit on the back corners as well so this is not unique to the MDC brand. No damage after 5 yrs so it doesn't worry me.
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline Silvo

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The grass is greener where you water it..
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 07:47:11 AM »
Why does he/she need a name?  So somebody can make it personal?

We are all anonomious on here unles we chose not to be.  It's a personal choice and nobody should be presured otherwise.

KB

A business isn't anonymous. An individual, yep. As a business representative, basics in customer service would be to show accountability for responses. It also helps to strengthen the response as being one to be relied on. In the same way have having a position attached to a signature or an email etc..

If I were that way inclined, I could easily setup an account and start responding "on behalf" of MDC - or another manufacturer for that matter. Until there is some personalisation shown, I find it difficult as a consumer to take responses seriously.

Just my view. I appreciate yours.

Dan - 2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE and Lifestyle Camper AT10 EVO

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 11:22:37 AM »
A business isn't anonymous. An individual, yep. As a business representative, basics in customer service would be to show accountability for responses. It also helps to strengthen the response as being one to be relied on. In the same way have having a position attached to a signature or an email etc..

If I were that way inclined, I could easily setup an account and start responding "on behalf" of MDC - or another manufacturer for that matter. Until there is some personalisation shown, I find it difficult as a consumer to take responses seriously.

I'm sure you blokes will sort it via PM if you have to.
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline urkel011

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 11:26:55 AM »
Hi Steve, we are here to help and I believe our warranty team has been in contact on several occasions.

We are having problems finding a suitable tradesman in Karratha  (1550km from our Perth Showroom) to do the repairs.

The minor repairs have been authorised in full.

If there are any myswaggers on this forum that have had work done on their CT in Karratha, can you post their details please.

Hopefully together we can work this out for Steve, and get him on the tracks with his new purchase :)

Happy Camping;)
MDC Insider

Hi MDC Insider,
I knew it wouldn't take long for you to find out who I was especially once I posted on here.
Your warranty department has been in touch and I have said that in my post but what you have forgotten to tell everyone is that in both warranty emails you have basically said to me without quoting the return emails that if im not happy with these options then you can no longer help me? I would really like to put this to a post and see what the Myswag community think about you guys wanting me to return my camper at my expense to perth when the camper arrived to me in this condition. And like my reply to you on my emails are I appreciate your gesture in reimbursement for the mattress but that will buy me a mattress in perth but wont get it delivered to Karratha so another out of pocket expense. The gesture to send new slides to replace the ground one, great but why were they ground in the first place because they will not fully return if they weren't ground so if I replace them im going to be hit with the same problem. All this stuff I have bought to your attention but you have not given me any reasonable outcome which doesn't put me out of pocket or work for both of us it is all to MDC advantage. I am more than reasonable and more than willing to do some of the work myself to assist but your options are all a cost for me. I have replied promptly to all your emails and also used a lot of my time taking my camper around to businesses to look at this. You charge people $50 a day if they cant pick up there camper on the designated date but when you cant deliver there camper on the contracted date does the purchaser get anything back from you. NO everything is in MDC court as I have replied to you I will not be spending anymore on a camper that was delivered 2 months late. If the camper was ready on the due date when I was supposed to pick it up I could of looked over the camper and found all these faults and you could of got them fixed straight away not to mention the 2 camping trips I have missed already and the one at easter I am due to go on but im going to have to cancel unless a get a miracle.
The reason I have posted on here is to make people aware that if you don't live in Perth or a capital city and you need repairs that MDC are not very helpful and do not assist to much in repairs except to say if your not happy with these options we  can no longer help you.

Offline urkel011

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 11:39:55 AM »

I guess now I am not anonymous thanks to MDC, Karratha isn't a huge place but thanks for posting MDC. I have nothing to hide and if in my posts you can find some things which are not the truth I would like you to comment so I can reword or apologise but I think you will find all of it is the truth.

Offline Silvo

• Hard Top Camper User
Market Direct Campers (MDC)
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 11:47:41 AM »
I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with your camper. Did you consider these difficulties of distance when you purchased? I'm sure you did. I know I certainly did when I spent my money on a manufacturer from Brisbane(I live in Sydney). While the way they handle your issues is in their control, where you live isn't.

It is a good message for those considering the same.

Offline urkel011

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 11:49:36 AM »
Hi Kev, Once done please post some pictures. We are very interested in improving our product.
I have also passed this issue onto our engineers to see what solutions they can come up with.

This is the 1st time, this has been brought to our attention. I am not aware of any failures in this location in the last 2 years.

Happy Camping ;)
MDC Insider

Just to add to this I don't believe its the first time its been bought to your attention as I have bought it to your attention before Kev  posted. MDC insider not a hard fix its either your trimmer is not getting measurements to corner right or they haven't positioned the canvas properly on installation. This is one of my biggest issues is that as soon as I try to reposition the canvas I will be left with holes in the canvas where you have screwed the canvas to stop it moving in the rope slide and my argument is I have paid an extra $3500 to get Aussie Dynaproofed canvas why should I have a brand new canvas with patches on it (as you have offered) or holes in it full stop.

Offline Market Direct Campers

• Tent User
  • www.marketdirect.com.au PH: 1300 4x4 4x4
    • MDC Camper Trailers & Caravans
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
Just to add to this I don't believe its the first time its been bought to your attention as I have bought it to your attention before Kev  posted. MDC insider not a hard fix its either your trimmer is not getting measurements to corner right or they haven't positioned the canvas properly on installation. This is one of my biggest issues is that as soon as I try to reposition the canvas I will be left with holes in the canvas where you have screwed the canvas to stop it moving in the rope slide and my argument is I have paid an extra $3500 to get Aussie Dynaproofed canvas why should I have a brand new canvas with patches on it (as you have offered) or holes in it full stop.

Hello Myswaggers,

Does anyone know of a trimmer in Karratha where we can have Steve's camper trailer sorted out at no cost to him?
Please post here if you do?

We are keen to resolve this for Steve, but we can't find anyone in his area to do the work.

Thanks for your help.

Happy Camping ;)
MDC Insider
[img width= height=]http://www.importersandwholesalers.com.au/forum/myswaglogo2.jpg[/img]

Offline urkel011

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 12:15:59 PM »
I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with your camper. Did you consider these difficulties of distance when you purchased? I'm sure you did. I know I certainly did when I spent my money on a manufacturer from Brisbane(I live in Sydney). While the way they handle your issues is in their control, where you live isn't.

It is a good message for those considering the same.

Silvo I did consider the difficulties of  distance when I purchased my camper this is why I travelled to Perth on the expected delivery date to pick my camper up (after ringing them the week before to see if the camper would be ready to which my reply was yes) and do a couple of weeks camping down in Perth before I bought it back to Karratha so I could iron out any issues and still have time in Perth to get it fixed. Due to the fact that my camper was not there and wouldn't be ready for indefinite future they had to deliver it to Karratha as I couldn't get time off again let alone wanting to spend another $3000 on driving down and covering accommodation due to not having a camper to use. MDC have offered to get things fixed in Karratha which is fine but when I cant get anyone to do the work how far do I go. I have used my time to go to businesses to get quotes etc but had no luck and have also offered MDC the opportunity to find someone in Karratha to repair it and if they have tried to chase it up they are obviously having the same luck as I had. So whats the next step?
Part of MDC pamphlet states this
WHY BUY MARKET DIRECT CAMPERS?
Australia wide service
We operate nationally with 3 great locations in QLD, NSW and WA. Combine this with our extensive authorised repairer network, and you can rest assured we have you covered where ever you are.

FAST TURN AROUND
We have one of the fastest turnaround rates in the industry. in most case, we can have your camper trailer ready to tow away in just 48 hours , and not weeks or even months.

And from my invoice
Camper trailer pickup dates are strictly enforced. $50 per day storage fees apply after the stated pickup dates if you need to delay your pickup date, please notify MDC 2 weeks in advance of pickup and above fees will not apply.

But be assured they don't need to let you know when your camper is ready and if its not even after ringing the week before you will not get any compensation back.

Offline Silvo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 12:18:28 PM »
I agree you have a combination of location and service issues. I do hope it all gets sorted for you. It's a shame when something offered doesn't seem to happen. Good luck.

Offline Market Direct Campers

• Tent User
  • www.marketdirect.com.au PH: 1300 4x4 4x4
    • MDC Camper Trailers & Caravans
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 12:42:42 PM »
I have used my time to go to businesses to get quotes etc but had no luck and have also offered MDC the opportunity to find someone in Karratha to repair it and if they have tried to chase it up they are obviously having the same luck as I had. So whats the next step?

Hi Steve,

We really do want to get this sorted out for you.
As you have mentioned you are a very knowledgeable tradesperson and you nor us can find anyone to do the work in Karratha.
These things are quite minor and repaired in a few hours, and we admit the camper trailer should not have gone out to you in this condition. You have also commented that you could do the work yourself.

So how about we put the online toing and froing to bed, and let's get your camper sorted and onto your next trip.

Maybe we can compensate you for the few hours it will take to help us, help you, get your camper to a level of satisfaction that you are happy with :)

If you do not agree to this, we do not know what direction to take. Maybe have the repair done in the next town that has someone with the facilities and willingness, to do the job, which is only a limited amount of hand tools that most blokes would have in their man cave or shed.

We probably won't comment anymore on this thread and Steve, please liase with us directly in the future to have the small issues rectified.

Happy Camping ;)
MDC Insider

[img width= height=]http://www.importersandwholesalers.com.au/forum/myswaglogo2.jpg[/img]

Offline urkel011

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 01:11:08 PM »
Hi Steve,

We really do want to get this sorted out for you.
As you have mentioned you are a very knowledgeable tradesperson and you nor us can find anyone to do the work in Karratha.
These things are quite minor and repaired in a few hours, and we admit the camper trailer should not have gone out to you in this condition. You have also commented that you could do the work yourself.

So how about we put the online toing and froing to bed, and let's get your camper sorted and onto your next trip.

Maybe we can compensate you for the few hours it will take to help us, help you, get your camper to a level of satisfaction that you are happy with :)

If you do not agree to this, we do not know what direction to take. Maybe have the repair done in the next town that has someone with the facilities and willingness, to do the job, which is only a limited amount of hand tools that most blokes would have in their man cave or shed.

We probably won't comment anymore on this thread and Steve, please liase with us directly in the future to have the small issues rectified.

Happy Camping ;)
MDC Insider

I agree lets put this online tooing and froing behind us and I find it quite funny that you are so helpful in a public forum but my attempts in verbal contact with you guys has been impossible and you guys only want to talk via emails. I do agree there is some minor issues but how is holes in canvas minor issues? its $3500 extra for this canvas so should it have holes in it? the simpliest way would be for you to get it returned to you wshop and get it repaired and get it back to me. But for the last 2 months you were not interested till I started posting on here and like I have previously said you do a good camper and parts are high quality and suspension is great but you sit here in an open forum and say you want to help well call me and help me you have my number so pick up the phone and sort it out instead of the long winded warranty emails I am more than happy to get it sorted but there is a couple of things which aren't minor as you call them. Canvas is not minor and anything that from brand new that will have holes is not acceptable in my books. the slides you say are simple are not as you will need to remove the mounts to reposition them, they were ground for a reason  the reason being the drawer would not close. I did put to you give me $2000 refund and I would sort it all without worry from you guys but again no response. it seems that you want me to fork out more money all the time to help you help me.
I am more than happy to put an end to this just pick up the phone and sort it from day I purchased communication is something you guys have not had the balls in your court pick up your phone and call me and talk to me like most normal people would do cut all the crap out and deal with me directly I will tell you what I can fix and you tell me what you can do for the other items. I am approachable and the reason I am frustrated and angry is because im dealing with a warranty department via emails and not talking to the people which make the decisions. so I challenge you Mr or Mrs MDC insider pick up the phone and lets sort it for once and for all.

Offline Wandering Tassie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »
If MDC claim to have a Nation Wide Service that's what they should do. Maybe someone needs to get in their car and drive up from Perth to do the fix.
Just an opinion from the outside.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 06:20:45 PM »
If MDC claim to have a Nation Wide Service that's what they should do. Maybe someone needs to get in their car and drive up from Perth to do the fix.
Just an opinion from the outside.

Yeah I agree. Just send someone from Perth to fix it, or send the guy a brand new perfect trailer, ship his one back to Perth fix it and sell it.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »
Yeah I agree. Just send someone from Perth to fix it, or send the guy a brand new perfect trailer, ship his one back to Perth fix it and sell it.

Had this been done in the first place, it would have been a great positive PR stunt from MDC. Hindsight hey :)
Cheers

Justin

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »
Had this been done in the first place, it would have been a great positive PR stunt from MDC. Hindsight hey :)

I'll say. Imagine how this thread would be now.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Tractor88

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 08:04:02 PM »
I tell ya what! If you were looking at getting an MDC camper you wouldn't be in the market anymore would you? its the after sales service that can really make or break a deal like this. As mentioned, if this was only sorted out differently from the start then we would all be singing praise for MDC. Its just the basics of business.  :-[

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »
Seems to be a common issue with MDC

They seem to offer a reasonable product for the price but when things go wrong, and lets face it things can go wrong with any camper, they seem to not want to back it up with after sales service.

As i am on the hunt for a camper i can honestly say MDC are not on my shortlist.
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
I would say the best thing for them to do as good will and standing behind their product is to send you a complete new trailer, and they take this one back and fix it..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Griswold

• Tent User
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
Wow, was very keen on MDC. I've just changed my mind. Looking for a cheap hardfloor, any ideas.
FJ Cruiser - Tvan

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 09:13:01 PM »
I wonder if we will hear any more from MDC? on this appaling situation OR WILL he/she or who ever they are be MIA? .I hope for the sake of the company some one from MDC reads this thread then put their hand up and do the right thing in regards to after sales service!It may well help their sales rather than what it is doing to them now in regards to prospective buyers,but we may get the we have sold x amount of campers and we are doing fine talk have to wait and see.
Bluejay

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 09:24:33 PM »
Wow, was very keen on MDC. I've just changed my mind. Looking for a cheap hardfloor, any ideas.

Have a look at the Ecomate trailer, a mate just picked his up on saturday and drove it out to Mt Isa. He is happy so far. He will just change the tow coupling and install better " branded" shocks
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2014, 09:25:52 PM »
Quote from: kangareigns
Have a look in the trader section and others for good used trailers.. let someone else lose the drive out the door tax.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:23 PM »
Have a look in the trader section and others for good used trailers.. let someone else lose the drive out the door tax.
Yep, worked for me!   ;D
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!