Author Topic: Mars "Road King" Camper trailers  (Read 5986 times)

Offline Campbell

• Learning the Ropes
Mars "Road King" Camper trailers
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:44:02 PM »
I'm considering purchasing a secondhand Mars "Road King" Camper trailer. I've heard conflicting stories as to where they are made; with some saying in China.  Does anyone know where they are made and how reliable they are? Or even better, if you have had personal experience with them and can give me some knowledgeable feedback?

Offline ozynorts

• Swag User
Re: Mars "Road King" Camper trailers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
no experience with them but found an add for one on ebay. the thing that stuck out for me was the grammar on the advert was poor. it gave the appearence of being written by someone with english as a second language. the slogan read "australian made by australian" also the canvas is quoted as being ripstop material. that is a sure fire sign of imported canvas. they do seam to offer alot of camper for the price so you could be getting a real bargain. best advice if you can is visit the company and see if they are in fact manufacturing them onsite.
Ezytrail behind Colorado 7 LTZ

Offline Patto2103

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Mars "Road King" Camper trailers
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:17:10 PM »
I recently purchased one hard top on ebay new it arrived in Sydney damaged was insured and am still waiting for replacement parts.  I am convinced that it was made in China and when I challenged them the reply email was very rude saying that chinese made is superior to australian, but refuted that it had been made in China and that only the tents were imported.