Author Topic: Another Hapless Fool  (Read 9307 times)

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
Re: Another Hapless Fool
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 02:55:43 PM »
Ok, so what have we learnt so far, well for one thing I can't whack a happy snap up until I'm well on the way to thirty posts. No biggie, but you don't get them until I get there.

The natives around here seem to be obsessed by large springs, bright lights, big snorkels and snatches in the mud, understandable I suppose.

Its amps, amps, amps and more amps, watts are second rate, solar is good, generators not so, but VSR's are great, oh and that ever present constant flow of franticly hectic unadulterated refrigeration debate continues unabated.

Ah, and a date, not the fruity type, dried or otherwise, or the outing between a couple, with one party so concerned about getting past first base that they take the other to a restaurant that they really cant afford and then forget to put on clean underwear. No neither of those, a delivery date, specifically concerning a camper trailer, our new camper trailer, July, second last week of it is.

Originally we opted against the tropical roof, but have since added one, along with a stone guard.
We have purchased a fridge.
An 80watt solar panel, that will be mounted on the front tool box (hence the stone guard requirement), it will charge whilst in situ and also be removable for optimum placement.
Batteries, one 105 AH to be fitted and a smaller 60AH portable backup.
The brake controller is awaiting installation, as is the VSR, although the wiring has commenced on that project.  Anderson plugs and circuit breakers were sourced from Traxide, good price, great service, thanks Tim.
Other items to be cobbled to the setup include an 240 volt smart charger and a 10 amp DC to DC charger. The only charging options I haven't included so far are wind turbine, hydro electric or nuclear. We a seriously considering a couple of guinea pigs and a treadmill, but we're still waiting for national parks to get back to us on the legalities of having black jellybean manufacturing mammals within their precinct.
Non-electricaly speaking, I've slapped together a kick arse pantry box, reconditioned a 25 year old primus three burner stove (they don't make em like the use ta), and sorted through a plethora of camping gear.
The pole holder is still to be constructed, but after that the jobs are thinning out, until the the camper lobs on the door that is, then the soldering iron, drills, thread tappers, self-tappers, left hand corner-post holes and cable ties will be flying of the hook.

Yeah yeah I know, P-O-S-T-F-U  (pictures or shut the frock up), but I've already explained that little conundrum.

Anyway, I'll see ya's through the bathroom window.

Cheers

Malcolm.

Offline Wuzgonna

• Tent User
Another Hapless Fool
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 11:38:33 PM »
Welcome Bruce,

One hell of a fart!

Sounds like you have been lurking in the background before letting rip.

Look forward to the pictures after your next 27 posts!

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
, The old rig gone but not forgotten...

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 03:11:15 PM »
You're right it has along time been since we last spoke of canvas dreams.

The Lifestyle.

Got it, all good.

I spent some time the other day with some extended doggrel, only to have the server or whatever was the problem, crash and burn as I tried to post the waffle. At some time in the near future I will make another attempt. For now the photos shall have to suffice.

Cheers MT

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 02:50:06 PM »
Well there ya go ... what a difference a few months to a year or two can do. The camper trailer has left the building, only recently mind you, and it hasn't gone too far away either. I'll grant you this ... its found a nice new home. The ironing lady and I enjoyed it, but circumstances change and it was time for a new tack, and the lack of tackers in tow meant sizing downwards was once more on the agenda.

Hapless fool that I am, it was time to revisit an earlier incarnation of campfoolery ... Mr J and Co. It had always been our as in us, we, she and me's idea to retread the boards of a Jayco windup. Having spent a glorious decade in ownership of the finch. But bugger me, when big bro went out and purchased an Outback Swift, modified the front end and hit the tracks, enough was enough. The bird had flown so to speak. The annual Jayco sale planted the seed, the bank manager watered it and voila ... order placed.

Theres a bit of a wait, like always. Next months end should see us well and truly entrenched in the new one.

What is it ? you say ... oh ... its a Swift ... tourer.

Not an Outback ? ... no thats quite correct, but underslung with drop down jacks, roof racks, bag awning, bed flies and such.

You see considering the tow vehicle is a Subaru Forester diesel, a standard underslung model will suffice. Contrary to some misconceptions that abound out there on the internets, the wee Jayco camper is reasonably robust. Robust enough for the dirt and dust that will be presented to us, as in we, me and the cheese, on our travels in the future.

Pictures in about 4 weeks from ...................... now.

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »
It's not farting Malcolm it's sharing, especially when you get herself to duck under the blanky.
Welcome to the Forum. ;D ;D ;D
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.