Author Topic: Another Brisbanite....  (Read 4124 times)

Offline BJ76

• Tent User
Another Brisbanite....
« on: January 17, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »
Hi all,

I have been a member of this forum for a little while now and have never actually introduced myself.
We are only new to the camper trailer scene - but have been camping for about 15 years now.
There is myself and SWMBO (mid 30's) and 2 tinlids - 4yrs and 2yrs.

We have recently purchased a Lifestyle Extenda (new) but have only had the opputunity to use it once so far thanks to this wonderful weather we have been having.  I doubt that we will get to use it for a while as I work for a Fed govt department who is quite involved in all of the flood recovery and trying to help everyone get back on their feet - so quite a bit of work ahead.  On that note, my sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has been affected by the wonderful land we call Oz.  As our premier said, you can knock us down, but we will get back up again!

I don't begrudge not being able to go camping for the moment as with 2 littlies and my wife being a nurse (so is a shiftworker), I am not able to go and physically assist in the clean up.  At least with my work and being able to put a bit of extra time in there, I feel that I am helping.

When we do get to go away, we usually head out to Gordon Country near Warwick...  It is nice beside the creek and heaps of space for the kids.
I hope to spread our wings a little and go to a few new places, and ultimately meet up with some of you lovely??? people  ;D  and share a few  :cheers: around the campfire.

And I do wish I could find out how to change my profile name (thought I would be able to have an alias instead of my logon!)...

Anyway, thats us...

BJ and family.
2010 Toyota Hilux Dual Cab SR5 TD & Lifestyle Extenda (with a couple of enhancements in mind!)

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Another Brisbanite....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:38:27 PM »
G'day BJ and welcome to Myswag. :cheers:
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 08:43:46 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, contact one of the moderators, you may be able to change your username

GG

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:56:08 PM »
the similarities are scary!.. Lifestyle Extenda (new), wife's a nurse, lives in brisbane, born in the late 70's..

yeah! we rock!!! ('cept I've used mine 3 times since just before xmas.. rainy camping rocks!)

see you out there one day eh..

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:59:02 AM »
G'day & Welcome BJ.

It is important to take some time for oneself, even in times of hardship and even if only a little.

Send me a PM with the user name you'd like to have; members cannot change their own username.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:26:24 AM »
BJ76  Welcome to Myswag , sounds as though when you get the chance your into it make more chances  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline GU_Thomo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 07:19:01 AM »
Welcome BJ
I hope you enjoy your time here.

Cheers
Parry

Aussie Spirit

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 01:10:50 PM »
Hi There,

Welcome to My Swag, hope all is well on the north side of Brissie after the floods.

60series_family

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »
Welcome   :cheers:

Offline BJ76

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Speewa, have every intention to try and get out as much as we can - especially to introduce the kids to our wonderful country.
Bigjules, my blood pressure definately knows I need to get away more!
Spargo, mate, are you my long lost twin that my parents never told me about???
Aussie Spirit, we are nice and high where we are, and if we had flood waters come to us, Brissie would already be written off the map and I would be waiting for Noah to start sailing by!
 ;D ;D ;D

I will try to get some pics up of our tug and camper sooner or later.  I haven't done too much to the camper, except put in two 100ah Delcor deep cycles, Ctek charger, Steca 20amp Solar controller matched with a 80w panel from Jetcrew (love it).  Have few more mods in mind for the future like getting the large storage box for the front (kicking myself we just didn't get it originally) and a few other tweaks, but they will have to all wait until the finances can get there!

I am also trying to talk SWMBO into going on a trip out to Cameron's corner in July.  After all the rain I think it would be a once in a lifetime!  I did it a few years back with the extended family and loved it.  SWMBO is worried about having to entertain the kids on the long drive.  It's a work in progress to convince her.
2010 Toyota Hilux Dual Cab SR5 TD & Lifestyle Extenda (with a couple of enhancements in mind!)

Offline Paul and Bern

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Living for Holidays
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 08:34:10 PM »
 ;D Welcome BJ.  Good to see camping and kids too.  Hope you get a chance to get it dirty again, something about getting out of the highrises puts a different perspective to the meaning of life and living.
Hope you have a ton of fun
 :cheers: Paul
Can every day be made a public holiday?

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 05:21:30 AM »
Gday BJ and welcome to My Swag
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Tezza1974

• Sleeping Bag User
  • Hilux SR5 D4D & Lifestlye Podium CT
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »
Gday..!!

Good on you fellas with the effort from the gov on the clean up etc

cheers and see you around

TK
Looking for that perfect place somewhere between Peace & Quiet

Offline balfang

• Swag User
  • "My sister & I - can't really see any resemblance"
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »
Gidday BJ and family,

I am a fellow Lifestyle owner (well from Saturday morning - YEH  ;D) and know it can be difficult getting out especially with what we have been dealing with here in Qld and other states more recently.

Make the time and get out there, because u can't beat CT camping. Have a  :cheers: for me next time your out camping.

P.S. Keep working on the missus re the trip. We found that installing a roof mounted DVD player meant that the only arguments from the kids were which DVD was next. It literally saved our sanity on long hauls interstate when the girls were younger. Nowadays it's heads down into ipods etc - still quiet though.

Cheers Keith  :laugh:

Offline BJ76

• Tent User
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
Well I have had a win...  We are going the trip in July/August...  pointed out a few little things and my lovely wife is now on board!
Now for the planning, we may have a good group (family) going so should be really enjoyable.  Now to start writing up the list of things to do/get before we go...
Large mudflaps,  the large storage box for the front and an extra water tank.  Oh I am having fun already thinking about it...   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 07:29:08 PM »

Wellcome aboard BJ you will find this forum a wealth of knowledge and frivolity.

Cheers

Robbo

;D

Offline frenchac

• Swag User
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 07:49:06 PM »
Hi BJ and Family,
Welcome to Myswag, I've only recently joined and the members are very friendly.  We did a Cameron Corner trip a couple of years ago with our 2 little kids (6 and 4 at the time).  We just love Innamincka and Coongie Lakes.  You can't go that far and not visit! 
We took plenty of colouring in books etc, no electronic devices to play and the kids loved it.  I think Coongie Lakes access road will be closed for a while due to the amount of rain.  I'm glad you're happy with Jetcrew, I just bought a solar kit from him and he was fantastic to deal with.
Frenchac