Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512714 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)
« Reply #1850 on: April 13, 2018, 07:32:42 PM »
What a joke, only tests and some BBL on FTA, the rest on FOXTEL

In addition to women’s cricket, Men’s International Cricket will take a new shape, with Seven and FOX SPORTS broadcasting all Test Matches throughout the summer. FOX SPORTS will exclusively broadcast Men’s Gillette One-Day and T20 Internationals.

This summer the KFC Big Bash League (BBL) will become a full Home and Away season for the first time. Identical to last season 43 BBL matches will be broadcast on free to air TV through new partner Seven, while FOX SPORTS will broadcast all 59 matches.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1851 on: April 13, 2018, 07:40:08 PM »
Don't give a chit anymore!  ::) Cricket was lost to my interests years ago, why? Because it is in ya face every friggin week od the year, just about!  ;)
It's almost like swimming now. 20 20, 50 50, Tests and what ever other bloody number they come up with!  :P

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

3rd time lucky

« Reply #1852 on: April 13, 2018, 08:18:56 PM »
Cricket Australia just committed hari kari in my opinion. Australian cricket fans have had 40 years of free to air tv coverage of summer international cricket. They aren't suddenly going to pay $50 a month to watch it. 1/3 of us have access to fox?? I call BS. 1/10 at absolute best. I had it and ditched it. Know heaps who did same. This is a massive blunder. Anyone doubting this should investigate the impact it had on English cricket. Only + is no more Ch 9 commentary which was an abomination.  Ive never heard more boring unimaginative inane garbage than Taylor Healy Slater Mark Nicholson etc were spewing out at us every summer. Pah. Over it...excuse the pun🤣

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1853 on: April 13, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »
^^^^ Have to agree, to me it has lost its appeal since mid 2000s golden period.
Agree about the pay TV, I'm somewhat fanatical of the cowboys, but even so can't bring myself to stump up the $50/mth just to watch a few games.
One thing though, based on recent events CA probably did well to secure the coin, cos I reckon the public won't be interested for at least 5yrs after recent activities

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

3rd time lucky

« Reply #1854 on: April 13, 2018, 08:54:37 PM »
One of the major differences I see between football & cricket with regard to tv coverage is that, at least in Qld, we never had a huge amount on free tv prior to the optus/fox revolution circa 1995. ...whereas cricket has always been on-at least the local stuff. So pay tv gave footy fans , of all codes, access to a far broader range of matches. ...cricket...the general public are losing access to what they have always had and.being asked to pay for it....not happening.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1855 on: April 14, 2018, 07:26:43 AM »
The one day format was already challenged with Tests coming back into fashion and 20/20 taking it's place. Now with a paywall up, it's the final nail in the coffin of the 50 over game.

You could argue also the players are complicit in this as they had a cry over their pay etc.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1856 on: April 14, 2018, 09:53:55 AM »
Quote from: Moggy
One thing though, based on recent events CA probably did well to secure the coin, cos I reckon the public won't be interested for at least 5yrs after recent activities
:cup: agree totally...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

3rd time lucky

« Reply #1857 on: April 14, 2018, 04:32:03 PM »
The one day format was already challenged with Tests coming back into fashion and 20/20 taking it's place. Now with a paywall up, it's the final nail in the coffin of the 50 over game.

You could argue also the players are complicit in this as they had a cry over their pay etc.
Bingo. Sums it up. Time to close this thread.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1858 on: April 14, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »
Bingo. Sums it up. Time to close this thread.

Close the thread?  What, no more cricket being played any more?

Cricket has been through this before and will come out the other side...

Sport evolves and if it doesn’t, it fades...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd time lucky

« Reply #1859 on: April 14, 2018, 05:34:21 PM »
Close the thread?  What, no more cricket being played any more?

Cricket has been through this before and will come out the other side...

Sport evolves and if it doesn’t, it fades...

Start a new thread...just like how other threads are based on the year they pertain to.
Was thinking something like "Cricket 2019+"....lame I know, but its a start??..

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1860 on: April 14, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »
'... Tests coming back into fashion'

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1861 on: April 14, 2018, 07:05:02 PM »
Start a new thread...just like how other threads are based on the year they pertain to.
Was thinking something like "Cricket 2019+"....lame I know, but its a start??..

Sorry, I misunderstood the meaning of your post...

My fault... ignore my previous post...

3rd time lucky

« Reply #1862 on: April 14, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »
Sorry, I misunderstood the meaning of your post...

My fault... ignore my previous post...

All good.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1863 on: April 14, 2018, 07:59:55 PM »
Now with a paywall up, it's the final nail in the coffin of the 50 over game.

I had thought exactly the same. I think it is probably short-sighted from CA but time will tell I guess. In reality, if I want to watch a game I'll just use CricHD+ an adblocker like I do for oversea's games, No way I'm going to pay to watch Foxtel.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1865 on: April 20, 2018, 09:27:34 AM »
So first were test.... then the great 50 over... then 20/20....  now the 100 ball game.

English domestic cricket is set to get yet another format after the England and Wales Cricket Board announced plans for an eight-team, 100-ball competition in the pursuit of younger, family oriented audiences.

Under the proposals, unanimously backed by the ECB board, each side would face 15 six-ball overs, culminating in a final 10 deliveries - 20 balls shorter than traditional Twenty20 matches.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/short-ball-england-create-100-ball-game-for-cricket-20180420-p4zanp.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

3rd time lucky

« Reply #1866 on: April 20, 2018, 05:30:26 PM »
Rubbish...pure rubbish.

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #1867 on: April 24, 2018, 04:00:50 PM »
So first were test.... then the great 50 over... then 20/20....  now the 100 ball game.

English domestic cricket is set to get yet another format after the England and Wales Cricket Board announced plans for an eight-team, 100-ball competition in the pursuit of younger, family oriented audiences.

Under the proposals, unanimously backed by the ECB board, each side would face 15 six-ball overs, culminating in a final 10 deliveries - 20 balls shorter than traditional Twenty20 matches.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/short-ball-england-create-100-ball-game-for-cricket-20180420-p4zanp.html

Won't matter to me, it'll be on Fox and I don't have it!!
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1868 on: April 24, 2018, 06:33:15 PM »

And eventually down to the 11 ball game. Everyone gets one ball to face and one to bowl. Oh and a ribbon afterwards 😂😂😂

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1869 on: April 24, 2018, 06:36:47 PM »
And eventually down to the 11 ball game. Everyone gets one ball to face and one to bowl. Oh and a ribbon afterwards 😂😂😂
I was thinking that.. 1 over games.... I dont get it ??? I saw on tele today tehres some Netball comp on thats shortened this weekend .. HOw... Why?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1870 on: May 01, 2018, 03:46:14 PM »
It may just be me but after reading this it seems CA and more so James Sutherland and not for the best interest of Cricket in Australia but just trying to self promote themselves. 

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/05/01/11/15/ethics-centre-to-conduct-cricket-review

As was commented on by others, there was never anything wrong with our cricketers ethics while they were winning.  Only after a few incidents, one of which has been admitted to being caused by the other side, some how now there is a long term ethical problem within our Cricketers. 

I feel the ethical problem really lies within CA and maybe more so James Sutherland for their whole handling of the ball tampering saga.  Prior to any internal investigation the three 'offending' players are guilty and thrown not just under the bus but to the media scrum without any preparation, legal or otherwise and definitely with no ethical thought given to the damage it created.  The punishments handed to the three 'offending' players as has been reported by others is well and truely over the top of what has previously been handed out.  Typically previous issues of ball tampering have resulted in being dropped from A test, not 12 month bans. 

But yet the ethical issues are that inherently bad CA has to get an outside group, The Ethics Centre, to conduct the review into its organisational culture in the wake of the ball-tampering scandal.   I guess the review will not include James Sutherland or other board members of CA. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1871 on: May 01, 2018, 08:35:45 PM »
It may just be me but after reading this it seems CA and more so James Sutherland and not for the best interest of Cricket in Australia but just trying to self promote themselves. 

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/05/01/11/15/ethics-centre-to-conduct-cricket-review

As was commented on by others, there was never anything wrong with our cricketers ethics while they were winning.  Only after a few incidents, one of which has been admitted to being caused by the other side, some how now there is a long term ethical problem within our Cricketers. 

I feel the ethical problem really lies within CA and maybe more so James Sutherland for their whole handling of the ball tampering saga.  Prior to any internal investigation the three 'offending' players are guilty and thrown not just under the bus but to the media scrum without any preparation, legal or otherwise and definitely with no ethical thought given to the damage it created.  The punishments handed to the three 'offending' players as has been reported by others is well and truely over the top of what has previously been handed out.  Typically previous issues of ball tampering have resulted in being dropped from A test, not 12 month bans. 

But yet the ethical issues are that inherently bad CA has to get an outside group, The Ethics Centre, to conduct the review into its organisational culture in the wake of the ball-tampering scandal.   I guess the review will not include James Sutherland or other board members of CA.
I hear there's a couple of jobs going at AMP.  Sounds like James Sutherland would fit right in.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1872 on: May 03, 2018, 07:19:39 AM »
well-deserved appointment...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/justin-langer-appointed-new-head-coach-of-australian-mens-cricket-team/news-story/659fda647b5ab846d94a4214414198dd

has served his time and has results to back him up...

can't see how the culture won't improve with JL as coach...

Offline Moxley

• Tent User
« Reply #1873 on: May 03, 2018, 07:36:31 AM »
well-deserved appointment...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/justin-langer-appointed-new-head-coach-of-australian-mens-cricket-team/news-story/659fda647b5ab846d94a4214414198dd

has served his time and has results to back him up...

can't see how the culture won't improve with JL as coach...

I think the culture has been pretty good under Paine. Not sure if it’ll get much better.

However, I think Langer will be a great help in winning again.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1874 on: May 03, 2018, 08:20:28 AM »
Good to see it's not Pointing.