Author Topic: Worlds Greatest Shave  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Jimmymc1980

• Learning the Ropes
Worlds Greatest Shave
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:06:30 AM »

Hi, I know that people on here wont know me. But I have decided to shave it all off for charity if I can raise enough money,the target is $5000, The hair will defaintly go, but the beard will stay if I cant get enough. My wife wants to see the beard go.

I have been hit up from workmates and others to shave it off to which I have always said no I like my beard the way it is. I have grown attached to it after 13 odd yrs of growing it.

I hope out of this there will be some generous people who can help my wife get her wish and see the beard go.
I dont know how to put a pic in here so to see a profile pic please click on the link below and you will be able to see a mugshot of what is planned to be shaved.

Remember all money raised goes to a wonderful cause, so please dig deep and donate.

To sponsor me please click on the link below, and then click on the “Sponsor Me” button at the bottom of the screen. Any donations are appreciated, and it all adds up, so please be generous for this worthy cause. Any donations over $2 are tax deductable.

http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=465846

For more information please check out the website www.worldsgreatestshave.com

Thank you for your support

Offline Jimmymc1980

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Worlds Greatest Shave
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »
i still shave a long way to go to reach my target, I need as much help as possible to raise the money. My employer are going to match the money I raise so every dollar I raise will be worth $2 to the leukaemia foundation.. Please help to support the cause.

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:59:52 PM »
Jimmy.
as a person going through non-hodgkin lymphoma at present (a form of leukaemia) I firstly would like to thank you for efforts. Not only the emotional impact that this has on a person but the financial strain is immense and that is with private health. The hospital staff and oncology nurses are sensational but I am sure that we all agree they would rather work in different wards. More than likely maternity!!
In future years when ive beaten this thing I will lose my hair again under my own doing and for a bloody good cause join you in the shave.

Thank you is all I can say.

Mark

mcbadger

Offline Jimmymc1980

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »
Hi Mark,

Thankyou for your reply. it is easy for people to do this but not really understand why. I have not had to directly deal with this but have had family friends with cancer. this is something I can do to try and help at least one person.

I personly think you have alot more to be proud of. fighting non-hodgkin lymphoma and raising money to help.

I just hope that everyone that reads this will help and donate.
once again thanks for your message. it makes me a more detimined to reach my goal and pass it.

Jimmy

Offline Jimmymc1980

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »
I am still trying to raise more money. I know people might not be able to afford alot and is a big ask for people I do not even know. But just 1 dollar will help the leukeamia foundation in there quest to help people in need. There is a bonus for people helping me raise money.

1. every donation over $2 is tax deductible and

2. My employer will be matching the money I raise.

So  Please Help the Leukeamia Foundation.