The Trader > Camper Trailer Classifieds

Tips on selling campers.

<< < (2/2)

Bird:
Just sold mates camper through Ebay $8.80 per time.. Only had it there and here..
Caravan camping sales was $110ish for the ad so bailed on that to start with.

Had it on Ebay as 30 day - Buy Now/Make offer.
2 times had more than 800 views, numerous watchers (10+) and no interest, third time had 500 views.

Had 1 time wasting clown accidentally clicking make offer... accidentally typing a bid... accidentally clicking confirm... then accidentally clicking submit and his wife had second thoughts, his dog had fleas, his budgie had the flu etc - he wasn't really sure what was going on.

Last week I had another young family contact me, dude was genuine, and they got a great solid trailer for a bargain and pickup this weekend.

Philbo:
I've finally talked SWMBO into converting our camper trailer into cash to go towards doing the house up to sell. It's a Chinese import soft floor job put together here by an Aussie company, Leisure Master. You know, the usual. The one thing special about this CT is that it was bought new in 2013 and, HAS NEVER BEEN USED Queen bed never slept in etc. I set it up back in 2013 to season the canvas, once dried out I  packed it up. I did some mods (all described here) built a little trailer port for it, stuck it in there up on blocks and there the poor old girl has stayed for 7 years now. Always registered but never hit the tar or dirt.
We have personal family issues that were not even on the horizon when we bought the CT and genuinely prevent us from hitting the great outdoors. So now I will put it up for sale. I'm disappointed that the twin Ritar 120AH batteries never got to light even a lamp.  :'(
I think the price will amaze some but in reality it's hard to sell camping stuff right now.
phil

tryagain:

--- Quote from: Philbo on July 17, 2020, 11:20:36 AM ---I've finally talked SWMBO into converting our camper trailer into cash to go towards doing the house up to sell. It's a Chinese import soft floor job put together here by an Aussie company, Leisure Master. You know, the usual. The one thing special about this CT is that it was bought new in 2013 and, HAS NEVER BEEN USED Queen bed never slept in etc. I set it up back in 2013 to season the canvas, once dried out I  packed it up. I did some mods (all described here) built a little trailer port for it, stuck it in there up on blocks and there the poor old girl has stayed for 7 years now. Always registered but never hit the tar or dirt.
We have personal family issues that were not even on the horizon when we bought the CT and genuinely prevent us from hitting the great outdoors. So now I will put it up for sale. I'm disappointed that the twin Ritar 120AH batteries never got to light even a lamp.  :'(
I think the price will amaze some but in reality it's hard to sell camping stuff right now.
phil

--- End quote ---

You might be surprised, campers and their associated bits are selling well above what they were pre-COVID. There was some camper bits I have had in my gumtree watchlist for over a year, the seller had multiple but hadn't sold any, in the last few weeks he has sold them all for the asking price and had other people lining up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version