Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512637 times)

nbd73

Since this thread is now similar to the AFL one and is more just "cricket 2013/2014" I feel comfortable stating that the commentary on ch 10, for the most part, is a breath of fresh air. Ch 9 have persisted with THE worst 3 recently retired players, Brett Lee excluded, for far too long. They redefine boring and cliche, and constantly contradict themselves and speak verbal diahorrea. Ponting is so far beyond his former captain in commentary as well as batting ability it's scary, the guy actually brings modern humour and relevance to the sport whereas fat man remains the pain he was as a batter: boring and predictable. All ten needs is to poach the ch 9 camera & production team and they can take over cricket. Kerry is in his grave and it's fairly apparent junior packer doesn't share his dad's passion for the summer national sport.

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
apparent junior packer doesn't share his dad's passion for the summer national sport.

I think he sold it all long ago and bought a big chunk of 10. May explain some of your thinking perhaps?
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

nbd73

I think he sold it all long ago and bought a big chunk of 10. May explain some of your thinking perhaps?
Indeed, never considered that....thanks for pointing out my ignorance ;D ;D ;D

Offline Thruster

• Sleeping Bag User
Whilst I agree with some of what you have written below, I very much prefer the Channel 9 cricket coverage in direct contrast to Channel 9's Rugby League coverage. I cannot stand Ray Hadley's commentating, the dribble that Gould goes on with and Fittler, what a clown, can't be serious for 5 seconds. Then there's Johns, all he does is repeat stuff he must have read in other media (have you ever read his column on Ninemsn? It is a repeat of things other commentators have raised), he hasn't had an original thought since he stopped popping pills (assuming he has even stopped of course). I hoped that they would lose the rights to any channel the other year when they were up but no, we got treated with the same contempt as viewers as every other year.

Now, sorry, rant over, loving the cricket at the moment including the BBL on Channel 10!

Since this thread is now similar to the AFL one and is more just "cricket 2013/2014" I feel comfortable stating that the commentary on ch 10, for the most part, is a breath of fresh air. Ch 9 have persisted with THE worst 3 recently retired players, Brett Lee excluded, for far too long. They redefine boring and cliche, and constantly contradict themselves and speak verbal diahorrea. Ponting is so far beyond his former captain in commentary as well as batting ability it's scary, the guy actually brings modern humour and relevance to the sport whereas fat man remains the pain he was as a batter: boring and predictable. All ten needs is to poach the ch 9 camera & production team and they can take over cricket. Kerry is in his grave and it's fairly apparent junior packer doesn't share his dad's passion for the summer national sport.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:37:44 AM by Thruster »

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
I like Damien Flemming commentating, as well as Gilly and to some extent Mark Waugh. But I am a bit sick of hearing Ponting say "no doubt about that". Once I realised how much he says it that's all hear! And Andy Maher sounds like he knows nothing about cricket! But after years of listening to Tony Greig I have learnt how to watch without listening...

Favourite way to watch cricket is on the front row, no commentator's there, which makes up for the $9.50 mid strength scotch!
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Poms might win a game tonight

I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

nbd73

Poms might win a game tonight

The shame is that we are at home watching and not out in our CT's enjoying our country. Deplorable attitude by all batsmen tonight: look at the dismissals and realise its arrogance personified

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
look at the dismissals and realise its arrogance personified

Yeah some pretty soft dismissals tonight

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
A good wake up call.
Hopefully we can learn from it and quickly realise that we can't just turn up to win against the Poms. Maybe a little arrogance tonight?

nbd73

Yeah some pretty soft dismissals tonight
Finch: flash in the pan, may as well play Simmons (last night's efforts won't go unnoticed); Warner: i am invincible, will be dropped if ever hit to fielder; Clarke: I have done enuff for last 18 months, CBF boys I'm tonking or out; Bailey: just has NFI full stop, commentators should stop cr@$ping on about average & strike rate for short term players when anybody with a skeric of intelligence knows that these stats become ore relevant with quantity of info; Maxwell: Complete foolishness....
No more needs to be said.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:49:34 PM by nbd73 »

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
Well the way I see it is there is the ashes, then the PM's 11 then the 1 day series. Australia won the Ashes and England won the PM's 11 so that's 1:1 and we have it all to play for now ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbd73

Well the way I see it is there is the ashes, then the PM's 11 then the 1 day series. Australia won the Ashes and England won the PM's 11 so that's 1:1 and we have it all to play for now ;)

Your deck of cards is half full of jokers and little else.

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
England had the ashes for 7 years and in true form all Australians forget that the instant they lift the cup and the arrogance sets in.
A couple off weeks with the Ashes and Australia is playing like it is impossible for the Pomms to ever beat them again.
Your pride will be your undoing yet again!

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
26 off 14
doable
 ;D
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
13 off 8  ;D

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
The shame is that we are at home watching and not out in our CT's enjoying our country. Deplorable attitude by all batsmen tonight: look at the dismissals and realise its arrogance personified

Nothing enjoyable about being out in a camper if you live up here. Getting down to 29c tonight with 90% humidity, good news is it's only getting up to 30c tomorrow...  ;D
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Photobucket Muz
12 off 6 ;D

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Photobucket Muz
Win or lose, Faulkner is the King. :cup:
4 off 4

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
4 off 4 needed  :cheers:

nbd73

England had the ashes for 7 years and in true form all Australians forget that the instant they lift the cup and the arrogance sets in.
A couple off weeks with the Ashes and Australia is playing like it is impossible for the Pomms to ever beat them again.
Your pride will be your undoing yet again!

Forget years, quote series wins in succession (ie holding a trophy/title for 7 yrs means SFA if only 1 series was contested in that time). You boys were walloped beyond belief from 1989 till 2005, and in that time the series locations were : 89 eng, 90/91 Aus, 93 eng, 94/95 Aus, 97 eng, 98/99 Aus, 2001 eng, 02/03 Aus, 05 .......
What series did you win??
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:15:20 PM by nbd73 »

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
Done  :cup:

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Faulkner you ripper!

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

nbd73

England are losers. Jim Carey did the perfect rendition of it in his ace Ventura movies.

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
Faulkner you ripper!

You Falkner ripper!

Sent from somewhere on something with that tap thing

SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
Congratulations to Australia, what a great finish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk