Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512709 times)

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
Did anyone see Coshy this morning making his contribution to continuing the banter with his call to have the Ashes urn delivered by Will and Kate on there fore coming visit lol

Koshy is a dic&, and most Australians know it!
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
Whilst I agree with you assessment of my cricket knowledge and bow to your superior understanding go the game, I believe you are underestimating my valuable contribution to continuing the banter sir!

Well played  :cup:

:cheers:
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Koshy is a dic&, and most Australians know it!
Ain't that the truth

Sent from my XT905 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
Koshy does have a point though.

I'm sure there must be technology available now that would enable the safe transport and storage of the ern.

Let's wait and see if the Abbot returns his call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
The Virgin Airlines guy was behind a big push once to get it out here last time we won 5 - 0, not sure what happened.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
Haddin was robbed for man of the series. To keep and bat means he did a double effort rather than just take wickets like Johnson.

Well I don't agree, there was no robbed, it was close. I know it was close but to be in the form Mitch is in is a game changer. Haddin batted well but so do others, only Mitch bowled like that all series.
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
Well I don't agree, there was no robbed, it was close. I know it was close but to be in the form Mitch is in is a game changer. Haddin batted well but so do others, only Mitch bowled like that all series.

I agree, Haddin was very good, but I think Mitch was a game changer and the difference across the series.
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User

X222222222
MJ's contribution t'out changed the whole direction of the each game. Granted Haddin's was contribution was outstanding, it didn't change the game direction but rather changed the Australian confidence. Johnson on the other hand shattered the Poms & boosted the Aussies confidence. Those wicket taking bursts were the difference

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline TheWall

• Tent User
Johnson v Haddin

Easy one. Johnson...if a bowler has five wickets as their '100' (this is still harsh on bowlers btw) Johnson avged 3.7 wickets per innings which would therefore be equivalent to 74 as a batsmen and consequently outpointing Haddin and the other Batsmen. Johnson also contributed with the bat and some pretty awesome fielding as well.

Matt

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
Warner was a bit stiff for man of the series, he did send Trott home early!
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User

AUSTRALIA DID NOT WIN THE ASHES! For Australia to to have won the ashes, the ashes would have to now be in Australia and they are not and they never will be.
 Tapatalk

Ummm, the 'Ashes' in that little clay urn you speak of has never been the trophy, nor do the country's play for the 'Ashes'.
The urn was a private gift from a few Melbourne women to the then English captain as a personal keepsake.  It wasn't referred to the Ashes series until some 20-30 years later and the urn was donated to Lords years after that by the English captains widow.

So in reality England had an old perfume jar (yes, that's what the urn is) with an unknown contents (never been verified as burnt bails) and once again a bunch of convicts have humiliated the mother country... >:D

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User

X however many its up to lol
I think Mitch was consistent at a high level the whole series without great bowling there are not catches there for the wicket keeper to take.  I also thought his attitude stayed pretty good throughout sure he had the stare going on but that is a mind thing instead of letting his results bring in more attitude he just used them for confidence to bring more results

Offline Jasen

• Tent User

Ummm, the 'Ashes' in that little clay urn you speak of has never been the trophy, nor do the country's play for the 'Ashes'.
The urn was a private gift from a few Melbourne women to the then English captain as a personal keepsake.  It wasn't referred to the Ashes series until some 20-30 years later and the urn was donated to Lords years after that by the English captains widow.

So in reality England had an old perfume jar (yes, that's what the urn is) with an unknown contents (never been verified as burnt bails) and once again a bunch of convicts have humiliated the mother country... >:D

That's a great story, has it been verified? Lol

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Thruster

• Sleeping Bag User
Pietersen's always been a little 'different', probably why Shane Warne gets on with him.

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
Darren Lehmann!  :cup:

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
They should flick flowers and keep Petierson. He's a game changer, so what if his a knob. Warner's a knob and they are working with him to get the results for the team. But alas the dopey stuck up English mangement will do what they have always done to ensure they go back to the cricket dark ages  :cheers:
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
Just read that Dale Steyn has a broken rib and is in very much doubt for our SA tour. Cricket gods are on our side.....:-)
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
Just read that Dale Steyn has a broken rib and is in very much doubt for our SA tour. Cricket gods are on our side.....:-)

Hopefully Mitch can fix up Smith again in the first test too, he has a habit of braking his bones!
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
So what's the prediction for the onedayers, England back on top?

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
So what's the prediction for the onedayers, England back on top?

Well Mitch isn't playing the first match so you may win one ;D

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
And there I was thinking I was the optimistic one lol

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Although you have Pattinson, Tait, Bird and McKay that can replace Mitch and still send thunderbolts down, don't hold your breath ;D

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
I can't belive England aren't playing Peiterson and they are playing Cook?
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
I won't be holding my breath this time.

I'm sure him not playing is coincidence and nothing to do with the denied rift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:25:37 PM by Jasen »