Author Topic: After Sales Service - Lifestyle Camper Trailer - Top Shelf  (Read 4054 times)

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
After Sales Service - Lifestyle Camper Trailer - Top Shelf
« on: November 24, 2010, 07:11:48 PM »
We have a Lifestyle Extenda CT :cup:, purchased it in January this year, and up until recently it has been garaged. After it was parked outside, we found the front boot was leaking   :'( and couldnt find the leak ???.  Took the CT back to Lifestyle this morning and spoke to John.  He couldnt be more helpfull :cup:.  Found the leak, it was a press stud at the back of the boot, which the centre had not been filled in, so the water ran along the top of the boot and straight down the hole.  We also chatted about a few mods to be done to the CT before the Cape Trip next year, so heading back in the new year for a couple of proto-type mods. Great after sales service from the guys. :cup: :cheers:

http://frostysadventures.blogspot.com/

Offline BJ76

• Tent User
Re: After Sales Service - Lifestyle Camper Trailer - Top Shelf
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »
Good to hear...  I have found them to be nothing but helpful when I have contacted them...
We are looking at adding the front boot to our Extenda in the new year as well...

Spill the beans though - what are the prototype mods???  Don't leave us hanging :D
2010 Toyota Hilux Dual Cab SR5 TD & Lifestyle Extenda (with a couple of enhancements in mind!)

Offline LJs GU

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • My Camel has 3 little humps...
    • The Jackson 5 On Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »
Hmmmm, anyone seen or heard from Lost lately??  >:D
I'm not so good with advice... can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:25:54 AM »
completely agree, these guys make the whole experience worth while.
mcbadger

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:45:35 AM »
completely agree, these guys make the whole experience worth while.

They'd better! I'm giving them a whole wad of cash next week and in exchange they're giving me a trailer with a pile of stitched together canvas and poles bolted to the top.  :laugh:

I've had nothing but good exchanges with them and I'm hoping that continues as it has for almost everyone I know that has dealt with them.

And yes, prototype mods? Ours is coming with some of their their newly revised list of standard features which had previously been minor extras, but what are these mods you speak of!!? Spill!!!

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 08:27:53 PM »
John is looking into designing a better/cleaner vent to be placed on the front boot, so a fridge can be placed inside. He has found, that the current vent lets air out, but allows fine dust to get in.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 09:00:07 PM »
I've had better after sales service from used car salesmen and real estate agents.

disgraceful service doesnt even come close. After the way I've been spoken to by the owner, I wouldnt piss on them.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:20:30 PM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »
Sorry to hear that Lost.  I can only speak for myself.

Offline BJ76

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 02:25:18 PM »
so heading back in the new year for a couple of proto-type mods. Great after sales service from the guys. :cup: :cheers:

Hi Frostd,

Did you ever get the mods done by the Lifestyle boys?  If so have you put any pics up?

Thanks

BJ
2010 Toyota Hilux Dual Cab SR5 TD & Lifestyle Extenda (with a couple of enhancements in mind!)

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 04:28:03 PM »
BJ76, funny you raise the question.  I have to call in and see John next week and have a chat about a few things he is thinking of running on his trailers, but wants to test first.  Should know a little more mext week.

Offline BJ76

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
Sounds good, keep us updated... And remember  :worthles:

;D

I  also have to agree with you re the after sales service.  We had our torneau (is that how you spell it?) leak and some mould start... Luckily we found it early and was able to clean it all off with no marks.  Contacted Bill and he couldn't figure it out, but said that the stitching may just need to be seasoned to which I was quite skeptical but as the trailer lives under a oztrail gazebo with the roof down past the sides so the top doesn't even get wet, (until it got a whole in it and started leaking) I thought may have been possible.  Anyway the next downpour we had, a couple of weeks ago, it surely leaked again and at the same time, I noticed  some of the powder coat was starting to lift.  Took a photo and emailed it to the boys who had a look but wanted to see the trailer.  Dropped it in last Saturday week ago and picked it up yesterday.  

Brand new cover (different style with only vertical stitching), paint all fixed (the paint supplier couldn't understand why it occurred), and all the locks and tailgate all tightened.  When I dropped it off, John unhooked it and noticed a funny type of residue on the DO35 coupling, asked if I'd done any beach work (which I haven't - it has only been away once to Warwick  :-[ ) so he is following that up for us as he said it just should not be happening.  I am still waiting to hear re this though as the head honcho from VC was away for the week so will talk to him this week.

When I was leaving John just said straight away, if there is anything that we need just to call him as they were there to help and will stand by the product.

I am one very happy customer.

Now to save for the front storage box!

BJ
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:39:14 PM by BJ76 »