Author Topic: Police checking for Mods, Sth East QLD  (Read 49721 times)

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Police checking for Mods, Sth East QLD
« Reply #250 on: September 20, 2018, 09:19:27 PM »
A big thanks to 4wd Qld and AAAA for taking the fight to the bastards.

Yep, they bored them to death with an 8 page press release, from what they have said, the gov was going down this path anyway to align with the other states.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #251 on: September 20, 2018, 11:16:53 PM »

Pollies were looking at it before 4WD Qld and AAAA did nothing
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2018, 05:47:14 AM »

Gate was already shut...
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2018, 06:40:35 AM »

And were 4WDQLD or AAAA notified of these changes whilst being discussed at a parliamentary level or is this just a dig at them as they acted once the cat was out of the bag so to speak? Are you affiliated with a 4WDQLD club??? Did you raise your concerns with your club and your club's 4WDQLD representative that pollies were "looking at it" so that it can be actioned?????..........didn't think so!!!!

QLD TMR/Police are still blitzing. Jimboomba was hit yesterday. Don't know to what specs they are checking, but there is some cheap suspension and tyres appearing on the FB pages.

2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline Luke_D

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2018, 07:04:57 AM »
Yep, they bored them to death with an 8 page press release, from what they have said, the gov was going down this path anyway to align with the other states

They was never a timeline for the changes to esc vehicles, there were on discussions.  People power led by 4wd qld and aaaa got us to this outcome.  U can say as must a u want that they did nothing, but without them they wouldn’t have been the pressure on the government. Yes they didn’t have meetings with the minister regarding this (he’s too much of a prick to hold a discussion with anyone) but their constant emails and updates helped to get the outcome a lot sooner.
The following users thanked this post: plusnq

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2018, 07:36:56 AM »
Yep, they bored them to death with an 8 page press release, from what they have said, the gov was going down this path anyway to align with the other states

They was never a timeline for the changes to esc vehicles, there were on discussions.  People power led by 4wd qld and aaaa got us to this outcome.  U can say as must a u want that they did nothing, but without them they wouldn’t have been the pressure on the government. Yes they didn’t have meetings with the minister regarding this (he’s too much of a prick to hold a discussion with anyone) but their constant emails and updates helped to get the outcome a lot sooner.

Crap. 4wd Qld and TMR freely admit that the new standard was already negotiated and due for release in October. The lobby groups were just pissed that the police had a blitz under the old regime before sunset.

KingBilly

« Reply #256 on: September 21, 2018, 07:53:07 AM »

What a load of dribble.  You should check your FACTS and not believe everything you read from ill-informed sources.

Crap. 4wd Qld and TMR freely admit that the new standard was already negotiated and due for release in October. The lobby groups were just pissed that the police had a blitz under the old regime before sunset.

Exactly  :cup: :cup:

Another correct answer  :cup: :cup:

Yep, they bored them to death with an 8 page press release, from what they have said, the gov was going down this path anyway to align with the other states.

And yet another who understands the actual facts  :cup: :cup:

KB
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 07:55:30 AM by KingBilly »

KingBilly

« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2018, 07:57:05 AM »
Yeah.. Keyboard warriors we are  :cheers:

Glad you agree that you are  :cheers:

KB
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:07:01 AM by KingBilly »

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #258 on: September 21, 2018, 08:27:20 AM »
the minister regarding this (he’s too much of a prick to hold a discussion with anyone)

& I think that's one thing we can all agree on! >:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline MrCruza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2018, 08:58:28 AM »
Glad you agree that you are  :cheers:

KB

Get over it KB.

All I did was post a couple of press releases. If all you can do is keyboard bash the only organisations that are trying to represent the 4WD community I suggest you find another pastime.
Cheers, John.

'12 Cruiser
2020 NextGen Blackline

KingBilly

« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2018, 10:24:37 AM »
Get over it KB.

All I did was post a couple of press releases. If all you can do is keyboard bash the only organisations that are trying to represent the 4WD community I suggest you find another pastime.

Nothing to get over  ;D. I have my opinion, you have yours

First you posted a press release from 4WD Qld which had a number of errors.  If that is the best “representation” they can offer the 4WD community, I am glad I am not a member.

Then you posted:
Latest media release. ESC owners can rest easy :)
But ESC owners NEVER had anything to be concerned about.  In fact, this issue has ALWAYS been to benefit vehicles with ESC in Qld.

Suggest instead of attacking me personally via the keyboard, because let’s face it you wouldn’t have the guts to say it to my face, that you re-read my comments. You will see that I never mentioned you when I referred to keyboard warriors, and in fact you were never in my considerations when I was typing my comments, you flatter yourself too much  ;D  I was referencing all the idiots on social media beating up conspiracy theories.

It was YOU who made this personal.  Have a nice day  :cheers:

KB

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »

This is from their press release, stating that the changes were about to happen anyway, I don't think there is anything factual to suggest the outcry had any effect on the outcome, maybe it was officially announced a little bit earlier, but given the following statement, that's probably even doubtful.

Any vehicle owner who has been issued any defect or infringement notice where your
vehicle has a suspension lift up to 75mm, to write to the “Officer In Charge” of the
police station where the notice was issued, and ask for the infringement to be reviewed
given TMR is about to release new LS9/LS10 modification standards, allowing this lift.

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »
Nothing to get over  ;D. I have my opinion, you have yours

First you posted a press release from 4WD Qld which had a number of errors.  If that is the best “representation” they can offer the 4WD community, I am glad I am not a member.

Then you posted:But ESC owners NEVER had anything to be concerned about.  In fact, this issue has ALWAYS been to benefit vehicles with ESC in Qld.

Suggest instead of attacking me personally via the keyboard, because let’s face it you wouldn’t have the guts to say it to my face, that you re-read my comments. You will see that I never mentioned you when I referred to keyboard warriors, and in fact you were never in my considerations when I was typing my comments, you flatter yourself too much  ;D  I was referencing all the idiots on social media beating up conspiracy theories.

It was YOU who made this personal.  Have a nice day  :cheers:

KB

what are ya smokin KB........how on earth does your comment "this issue has ALWAYS been to benefit vehicles with ESC in Qld." when the QLD gubbamint wants vehicles with ESC to be DIFFERENT to other states AND LESS than other states.........where the fork is the benefit in that!!

Maybe a bex and and a lay down?? ;D
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2018, 07:22:31 PM »
And were 4WDQLD or AAAA notified of these changes whilst being discussed at a parliamentary level or is this just a dig at them as they acted once the cat was out of the bag so to speak? Are you affiliated with a 4WDQLD club??? Did you raise your concerns with your club and your club's 4WDQLD representative that pollies were "looking at it" so that it can be actioned?????..........didn't think so!!!!

QLD TMR/Police are still blitzing. Jimboomba was hit yesterday. Don't know to what specs they are checking, but there is some cheap suspension and tyres appearing on the FB pages.

Follow logic.  When the NCOP and VSB14 where the latest hype a few years back.  The 4wd Associations championed their respective State.  Have no idea what 4WD Qld did at the time but for NSW all they did was slap their backs and say we did a good job, when in reality NSW would have been worse then what Qld endorsed in their QCOP if not for AAAA's involvement at the time and really that all came down to practical demonstration that their modified 4wds  were better and safer then the standard 4wds. 

So please remember when QCOP was introduced and made the amendments re lift and ESC vehicles, the 4WD Qld and AAAA knew all about it back then.  In the past couple of years nothing changed.  It has all come to light when Police began to enforce the rules made some years earlier.  After the outcry following on from the Police blitz the Pollies have reviewed the QCOP, not 4WD Qld or AAAA. 

I can't speak for 4WD Qld and no I am not a member of an Club affiliated with 4WD Qld.  I was a member of a Club Affiliated with 4WD NSW and as President of that Club during the whole VSB14 restrictions on raising and lowering vehicles, I can most definitely say 4WD NSW did a lot of back slapping and saying we did a great job but they themselves achieved SFA.  Thankfully the AAAA did something and achieved a result for NSW. 

I could say more about 4WD NSW with not much of it being positive.  In then end our Club left the Association as we believed they were not representing it's affiliated Club members as they should and had absolutely no care or consideration for anyone that drove a 4wd outside of their own personal affiliated Clubs members.  Yes I had many discussions with 4WD NSW Committee members about a few things.  When I reported back to my Club members with Committee's responses, the Club members agreed to leave.  I agreed with them.  From my understanding not much has since changed at 4WD NSW. 

Cheers

Al and/or Jan

KingBilly

« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2018, 04:48:47 AM »
what are ya smokin KB........how on earth does your comment "this issue has ALWAYS been to benefit vehicles with ESC in Qld." when the QLD gubbamint wants vehicles with ESC to be DIFFERENT to other states AND LESS than other states.........where the fork is the benefit in that!!

Maybe a bex and and a lay down?? ;D

Yaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnn  ;D

Perhaps if you are still confused, you should re-read this.

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2018/9/12/operation-lift-and-queenslands-suspension-and-lift-laws

:cheers:
KB
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 04:50:48 AM by KingBilly »

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2018, 06:34:38 AM »
Yaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnn  ;D

Perhaps if you are still confused, you should re-read this.

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2018/9/12/operation-lift-and-queenslands-suspension-and-lift-laws

:cheers:
KB

Hi KB,

I think the Minister was being a little disingenuous about this given that in March 2017 from their own documents a lift of up to 75mm was allowed. My understanding was they changed it in Oct 2017 to 50mm for vehicles with ESC (this may not be correct though) with no tyre increase allowed. It used to be 50mm suspension and 25mm tyre increase. But there was no real public education programme and so lots of vehicles that were legal became illegal with the stroke of a pen. Here is a copy of the relevant TMR advice dated March 2017. Full link is here

http://www.coastwideengsol.com.au/uploads/2/5/4/1/25415312/qcop.pdf

I feel for the Police a bit with the backlash as they just have to do what they are instructed to do. The intent and instructions are nearly always political in nature. It is imho very deceptive of any Government to change the rules and make something that is a widespread practice and legal at the time, suddenly illegal without an appropriate broad and continuing community education programme in place. And then to claim they were going to  implement  (read revert) the changes anyway was just word games for general consumption and not really reflective of what had happened.

I should add that maybe in the life of a Politician nearly twelve months is a long time, especially for Prime Ministers it seems, but it certainly isn’t beyond the lifespan of a set of tyres and springs 😂😂😂

Cheers

Edited for typos
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:37:27 AM by plusnq »

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2018, 05:54:29 PM »
Seems like a balanced article coming out in the wash up. Shows that a lot of those social media posts were BS and why it's always best to take them with a grain of salt. http://unsealed4x4.com.au/u4x4/issue055/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Operation+Lift%3A+We+talk+to+an+expert&utm_campaign=Unsealed+4X4+055+-+Send+1#130

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2018, 06:29:12 PM »
Seems like a balanced article coming out in the wash up. Shows that a lot of those social media posts were BS and why it's always best to take them with a grain of salt. http://unsealed4x4.com.au/u4x4/issue055/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Operation+Lift%3A+We+talk+to+an+expert&utm_campaign=Unsealed+4X4+055+-+Send+1#130

;D

Pretty sure those are not 31s....   :police:

And that landy's winch/front bar in the ad on the previous page broke about 500 pedestrian safety laws and ADRs as well.... ;)
Well balanced and just as law breaking as the rest of us...   :-*

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2018, 07:16:59 PM »
;D

Pretty sure those are not 31s....   :police:

And that landy's winch/front bar in the ad on the previous page broke about 500 pedestrian safety laws and ADRs as well.... ;)
Well balanced and just as law breaking as the rest of us...   :-*

That’s Stefan’s Tiny. He just put it up for sale I believe. All engineer approved in nsw apparently.
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Land-Rover-Defender-1995/SSE-AD-5233120?Cr=0&fbclid=IwAR0pk8Ek8VOetDG_GCnD9m3d1m3MRzJMofa2gpATz2Pcz9f-EyC4kA5jORA

He has a walkthrough here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=zWTcv5zgxTA

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:21:01 PM by plusnq »

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
Police checking for Mods, Sth East QLD
« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2018, 07:51:01 PM »
That’s Stefan’s Tiny. He just put it up for sale I believe. All engineer approved in nsw apparently.

Looks like a lot of work has gone into that one, but I was just referring to a random pic the ad for Warn winches.

I guess it just shows how hard it is to produce a balanced article AND sell the sponsors wears AND keep the readers attention with amazing pictures.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not having a dig at unsealed, I think (all things considered) they are one of the better ones.

I just liked the way an article about being a responsible 4wd owner and helping show how to follow the rules was splashed with images of illegally modified vehicles.

Once again, not having a dig at this specific publication or the author.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:52:51 PM by Pete79 »

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2018, 05:19:55 AM »
Looks like a lot of work has gone into that one, but I was just referring to a random pic the ad for Warn winches.

I guess it just shows how hard it is to produce a balanced article AND sell the sponsors wears AND keep the readers attention with amazing pictures.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not having a dig at unsealed, I think (all things considered) they are one of the better ones.

I just liked the way an article about being a responsible 4wd owner and helping show how to follow the rules was splashed with images of illegally modified vehicles.

Once again, not having a dig at this specific publication or the author.

Point taken. All good mate. 👍

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2018, 05:01:38 AM »

So pretty much what a lot of members suggested already.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Scanners

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »
Looks like Queensland has moved in line with other States now which is good news.

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2018/10/25/new-4wd-lift-laws-provide-greater-consistency

Minister for Transport and Main Roads
The Honourable Mark Bailey
Thursday, October 25, 2018
New 4WD lift laws provide greater consistency
Vehicle lift modification laws will be changed in Queensland to create greater consistency for 4WD motorists.
Transport and Main Roads Minister Mark Bailey said the changes would be in place from 26 October 2018, following the Palaszczuk Government’s announcement last month that it would change the laws to align them with other states.
“The changes to the Queensland Code of Practice follow extensive consultation with industry and 4WD groups over several months,” Mr Bailey said.
“This decision will increase the maximum certifiable lift from 125mm to 150mm, which is consistent with the National Code of Practice and other states.
“The approved lift limit for vehicles with electronic stability control (ESC) will also increase from 50mm to 75mm without certification.
“The changes will provide greater consistency with other jurisdictions for 4WD owners across the country and make it easier for everyone to understand the requirements.
“More than 500 accredited Approved Persons, industry groups, including RACQ and the Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association, major tyre retailers and suspension equipment suppliers have all had the opportunity to provide input.
“The new rules show the Palaszczuk Government’s continued support for the 4WD community, but importantly maintain safety for all road users.”
Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association Chief Executive Officer Stuart Charity welcomed the regulatory changes.
“These changes will give peace of mind to tens of thousands of Queensland vehicle owners who have made safe and responsible modifications to their vehicle,” he said.
“We look forward to engaging in ongoing dialogue with the Minister and his Department to ensure Queensland vehicle standards and regulations strike a balance between the needs of motorists while ensuring safety and ongoing compliance of vehicles on Queensland roads.”
For more information, contact Transport and Main Roads on 13 23 80.
 ENDS

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2018, 07:17:02 PM »
“These changes will give peace of mind to tens of thousands of Queensland vehicle owners who have made safe and responsible modifications to their vehicle,” he said.

Sadly there’s no peace of mind for those Queensland vehicle owners who had made save and responsible modifications to their vehicles, but where unfortunate enough to get caught up in the police last ditch cash grab on the eave of the change in regulations.

Today it’s safe and legal, yesterday it was safe but targeted for a bit of extra revenue.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2018, 05:16:57 AM »
Sadly there’s no peace of mind for those Queensland vehicle owners who had made save and responsible modifications to their vehicles, but where unfortunate enough to get caught up in the police last ditch cash grab on the eave of the change in regulations.

Today it’s safe and legal, yesterday it was safe but targeted for a bit of extra revenue.
The 4 x 4 article lists 81 fines in 3 days.  Not sure how much the fine is but if it is $300 that is over $24,300. Sounds a lot until you split it between the 35 police. It wouldnt go half way to paying their wages!  Not a great "cash grab"
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux.