Author Topic: Hi guys!  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Wotto

• Learning the Ropes
Hi guys!
« on: July 13, 2018, 10:38:02 AM »
Hi guys,
First post here and need some help...

My wife and I are trying to get back into camping after several years off as a way to show our kids the country.

I'm looking for a camper trailer for 2 adults and 4 kids. I've seen all the chinese import ones which seem identical apart from what the company throws in as well. I also really liked the look of the Off Trax Maxi, UEV390 and Trackabout but the cost is a bit too high (Ideally like to stay around $25k). My wife didnt like the layout of the Off Trax and Trackabout either but I think this was after seeing the chinese forward folds with their lounge setup and 2 bed areas. I'm trying to get something light weight and light on the tow ball which will handle outback roads and 4x4 tracks. I'm towing it with a Ford Everest. I'm open to second hand but living in the central west of NSW, theres not much nearby...

Cheers!

Wotto

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Hi guys!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:54:05 AM »
Hi guys,
First post here and need some help...

My wife and I are trying to get back into camping after several years off as a way to show our kids the country.

I'm looking for a camper trailer for 2 adults and 4 kids.

Same size family as mine, and space is a pretty big considering factor. Depending on how old your kids are, I think the best option really is a soft floor with a couple of sets of bunks folded and stored on the mattress, they have gone out of flavour a little so you can get good ones second hand for very reasonable prices, I'd be looking at 2nd hand walk up/through options if I were you, you should be able to get a pretty good one easily for half of your budget, you might have to travel a bit to get one though, but that will just be the first adventure.

Offline Wotto

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Hi guys!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »
Thanks mate! My kids are 4, 6(twins) and 13. I think a soft floor will be the best for us, but the cheaper ones seem to take a long time to set up. Our camping trips are usually overnight stays or maybe 2 nights so ease of pack up / set up is pretty high on the list too. I've narrowed down to the Stoney Creek Walk through, Jawa Outback and the Ezytrail Lincoln Z (dual fold). The SC and Ezytrail are easy to collect in NSW and save a trip to QLD... The Ezytrail is about 100kg heavier and a few thousand more expensive, but apart from that... they both look good.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:23:15 PM by Wotto »