Author Topic: So close to lift off  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Troublekitty

• Learning the Ropes
    • Skampering Around Australia
So close to lift off
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:41:50 AM »
So we've picked up the Dingo and done the first break in camp.  Had Skamper resolve the gas regulator problem so the burner now works.  Most of the furniture in the house is gone... even the mattresses.  Today - Friday are the last bits of sort and get rid of stuff, clean house, turn over keys, finish loading the trailer and truck.  We should be officially on the road for the big lap on Saturday.  I'll be thankful for getting back on the Dingo's mattress... a camp mat on my hard floors is not fun. 

Things we learned include fun stuff like don't flip the bed over until the trailer door is shut... this way Stephanie doesn't have to re-winch the floor over and hold her in the air while the door is closed.  Our water gauge is the least accurate measurement EVER.  The Touring annex is great for quick setup, but doesn't really provide loads of shade.  Wear sunscreen.  Goannas are fast and generally not scared of you.  Our trailer fridge is awesome... but our camping esky sucks to live out of in the house.  We have WAY to much stuff in general.  Start cooking when you hear the evening kookaburras or you won't have enough light to finish.  Annex poles are unbelievably heavy when all in one big carry bag.  We should carry a set of wheel levers.  Our truck doesn't like pulling the trailer up big hills unless we have a good running start.  Baby bottle sterilizer cleaned the water pipes well but tastes awful.  Flush and reflush the tank after application.

Also... we drink ALOT of beer LOL.

The last few weeks I have been kinda terrified, but last night it all went away and now I can't wait till we are on the road for good. 
The following users thanked this post: wakychapmans

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
Re: So close to lift off
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:33:40 AM »
Hope you have a happy and safe trip to wherever your heart takes you .

If you are ever up in far north queensland , don't be shy , call in for a cuppa , a beer or stay a while .

Cheers duggie
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline Aussie Iron

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 05:05:16 PM »
Soak the lines and the tank with a mix of red cordial and water. Takes the taint out of the system but you do have a slight cordial flavor for a little while, which is better than plastic or bleach.

Dan.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 10:45:02 PM »
Might be some usefull bits in this story  for you TK .. https://www.facebook.com/theblondenomads/
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Online Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 06:49:56 AM »
Good luck with your adventures Kitty, & please keep us all posted :cup:
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline mynance

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 06:58:09 AM »
Have fun
My brother in law had problems with taste and smell from the water in his camper trailer, spent a fortune on chemical treatments.
Found a piece of ordinary garden hose about 75mm long had been used between 2 tanks, got rid of that and water was perfect.

Myles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NT Pajero Avan Cruiseliner