Author Topic: Which tyre?  (Read 16153 times)

Offline Ger08

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Which tyre?
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 11:37:57 PM »
Just wanted to add some late thoughts on the Duelers. We went with them and have so far only used them on the black top and I have to say I’m super impressed with their low noise and grip on wet roads. We basically went with them based on reviews from friends that have them and price compared to the KO2’s, also I had been in a car with KO2’s on and they seemed to be pretty noisy. As the vehicle is my wife’s daily drive tyre noise was a consideration and after her first drive she commented that they seems to are no more noise that the HT tyres that we replaced

Offline Muxxer

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 05:13:53 AM »
This is a summary of US consumer feedback: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/reviews/MenuServlet?search=surveyComments

As for cost, the only crowd willing to talk on price on the tyres I use has been K-Mart Tyre and Auto, and I save a bundle there.

Offline petrolburner

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 06:33:59 AM »
I have switched to some Yokohama Geolander GO15’s on my patrol.

They did very well on the sand in Finke River Gorge.

Took them on Binns track through to Oodnadatta track and into the Flinders. As most will know there are some pretty sharp rocks out that way.

I have been impressed with how they have worn. 7500km trip, no punctures, tyres show very little signs of cutting and chipping.
Vehicle’s rear axle was up around 2000kg, I would purchase again, I am having my new trailer fitted with them actually.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:35:46 AM by petrolburner »
Complete Campsite Fraser XTE

2013 Nissan Patrol Y62 ST-L

Offline Isuzumu

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Isuzu MU
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2017, 01:01:49 PM »
I was lucky enough a while ago to get a set of Kumho MT 51s buy 4 pay for 3 ended up about $198.
http://www.kumho.com.au/tyres/4x4/road-venture-mt51/
Cheers Bruce
2012 Isuzu D.Max
1994 Isuzu Mu
2011 Jayco 17.55 Outback with Cruisemaster Independent Air Suspension
Off road trailer full of camping gear.

HF Radio Club  Sel Call 1955

Offline MattNQ

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • The smartist formerly known as Skypig
    • My website
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2017, 01:41:19 PM »
All Nittos in Australia or grey or parallel imports thus could or can be old, so just be aware. Sometimes supply can also be an issue.

Interesting. So I wonder whether the Nittos I bought from Bob Jane a couple of years ago were legit or not?

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2017, 05:31:27 AM »
I had a couple of sets of Deulers on my work vehicle and I was the opposite as in I found them to be extremely noisy. I got the second set as I inherited the first set on the vehicle and it looked like they hadn't been rotated properly but the second set was (every 10K) and didn't notice a difference. Lasted to about 60K before I changed them.

Have heard good reports on Pirelli Scorpion ATRs so was thinking I would give these a try on the wife's Pajero. Have also had Hankook Dynapros on previous vehicles and they seemed pretty good also (approx 60K) and were cheap at something like $215 fitted at the time.

It's a smorgasbord of tyres out there so good luck

Offline Diver

• Tent User
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2017, 08:32:31 PM »
I have switched to some Yokohama Geolander GO15’s on my patrol.

They did very well on the sand in Finke River Gorge.

Took them on Binns track through to Oodnadatta track and into the Flinders. As most will know there are some pretty sharp rocks out that way.

I have been impressed with how they have worn. 7500km trip, no punctures, tyres show very little signs of cutting and chipping.
Vehicle’s rear axle was up around 2000kg, I would purchase again, I am having my new trailer fitted with them actually.

Same here.  Did great central rd, Gibb river rd, and pilbara. Also beach fishing around perth. Not a mark on them.  Got a buy 3 get 4 from bob jane so more than happy.  275/65 x 17s total price for 4 around $1000

Offline BC66

• Tent User
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2018, 12:56:45 PM »
Interesting. So I wonder whether the Nittos I bought from Bob Jane a couple of years ago were legit or not?

Bob Jane and another company called YHI are both importers of Nitto Tyres. Bob Jane is a retailer and YHI are purely wholesale and sell to the other stores. There is often a bit of rivalry between them.
Nitto is a great tyre and are made by Toyo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The following users thanked this post: MattNQ

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2018, 05:04:19 PM »
Same here.  Did great central rd, Gibb river rd, and pilbara. Also beach fishing around perth. Not a mark on them.  Got a buy 3 get 4 from bob jane so more than happy.  275/65 x 17s total price for 4 around $1000
Changed to yokis 12 months ago, great tire in the wet and dry, performing well re wear only negative slightly noisier than the old bridgestones.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru