Author Topic: BATHURST 2017  (Read 25008 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: BATHURST 2017
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 08:59:46 AM »
Quote from: DannyG
Its far from follow the leader, the racing for the most part is very competitive, on the edge driving, show casing some of the worlds most talented drivers  :cup:
you must watch a different event to most
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 10:00:23 AM »
I must be in the minority. I still watch the racing with enthusiasm.

Supercars has and continues to try and promote an even playing field to get close competitive racing. Its far from follow the leader, the racing for the most part is very competitive, on the edge driving, show casing some of the worlds most talented drivers  :cup:

Ill have the tv playing in my shed all weekend and we will have our traditional Bathurst day sunday where me and few mates sit and watch it all day. No negativity here, bring it on.

I am with you on this very special weekend of the year .   :cup:
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 10:06:44 AM »

Nope, I watch every race all year.

Do you?
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 11:39:49 AM »
Iam tipping that after 8hrs of racing and the 5th Pace car comes out with 12 laps to go that the finish  will be the closest in years and the commentators will be besides themselves with excitement!

Can someone message me after the last pace car so I can watch the 12 lap sprint race to the end please
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »
Nope, I watch every race all year.

Do you?
Not since it stopped being free.....

To be honest I probably would have missed the big one this year if it wasn't for this thread.
I had to go searching to see if there was any free telecast. Apparently Fox was kind enough to allow limited coverage to Channel 10 for this one race. Thanks, you're ever so kind to us plebs that can't afford (or don't want to give our hard earned to the grubs at) FOXTEL.... :( :(

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 11:49:39 AM »
I must be in the minority. I still watch the racing with enthusiasm.

I agree the old days of production cars was great but that was an era of muscle cars. Todays 'race sunday, buy monday' production cars are not as appealing.

Supercars has and continues to try and promote an even playing field to get close competitive racing. Its far from follow the leader, the racing for the most part is very competitive, on the edge driving, show casing some of the worlds most talented drivers  :cup:

Ill have the tv playing in my shed all weekend and we will have our traditional Bathurst day sunday where me and few mates sit and watch it all day. No negativity here, bring it on.

Already on Day 1 we have seen a few big spills, a couple of very fast laps and there will be plenty more stories to be told yet.....so strap in and get into you negative nancys  ;D

Hate to admit it, but I agree with Bird.... :o

V8 super snorers (I use that term as it has become as boring as bat guano) has lost its appeal since the "parity" rules came in. No opportunity to pass, the slightest tap and you're penalised, don't cross this white line, no kerb hopping, tyre bundles to "guide" drivers etc. Rules are farcical and penalties are delivered haphazardly with no consistency..........and who presides mainly over this, an ex driver.........

Now what future do we have, Turbo 6 with the same floor pan, roll cage (internal structure), suspension, gearbox, diff..............WTF
Getting rid of the V8 utes for Diesel utes...............WTF

No free to air coverage of all rounds, only the enduros...............WTF

AVESCO (who I believe still own the rights) along with TEGA and Channel 10 have destroyed the sport. and if not careful, will go the way of F1, now owned by the yanks.

As for the best drivers...........OMG, most of them couldn't drive a greasy stick, well you know where.............
Having worked trackside for quite a number of years, they are a bunch of stuck up arrogant spoilt brats. Have plenty of stories, but 1 incident stands out.
At Winton I was part of Racesafe doing recoveries. A driver for a well known team (in red  ;) ) ploughed off into the gravel trap at turn 11. Being a wet weekend (as it usually is at Winton), the racesafe boys had me hooked up very quickly to the car to drag it out. Said driver stood on the sill of the race car demanding that the racesafe Navara drive into the sandtrap and drive him back to the pits some 300m away.............................all so his shoes don't get wet.............he put on quite a performance to a point that it was quite embarrassing to say the least. It wasn't until race control told him he will be penalised for ignoring an official directive by an official that he begrudgingly trudged back to the pits.
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
Quote from: DannyG
Do you?
**** no, rather mow a 100 acre paddock with a spoon. To me - hasn't been worth watching more than the first 4 laps and last 4 laps for 20+ years. There doesn't seem to be much passing anymore -not even in highlights

When commentators sound bored, you know its Shitful.
"Lets go down to XYZ in the pits..."
"Thanks Fred... here is a tyre on a rim, its bald cause its a slick back to you guys..."

I like passing, close racing, tussling, out braking people - Not just passing at a pit stop...
Like bike racing - Watch a moto 3 race - 10 bikes for entire races within 2 seconds of each other - the whole pack to the finish line. Show me that in car racing... it just doesn't exist.> Theres 3 competitive teams and 20 there to make up numbers... or you'd have 6 cars racing around
EDIT: like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXIbUVyBSJU

Have numerous mates who did the yearly pilgrimage to the mountain for the 70/80's - some major old school 'Holdens are Shit' kinda fans... None have been in the 2000's at all. Most don't even watch it on tele anymore.

Anyway all the power to you if you enjoy it, I can think of lots of things to do for a whole day more exciting.

Quote from: achjimmy
Iam tipping that after 8hrs of racing and the 5th Pace car comes out with 12 laps to go that the finish  will be the closest in years and the commentators will be besides themselves with excitement!
its the only way to make it exciting...

Hate to admit it, but I agree with Bird.... :o
The day had to come.  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:02:09 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 12:31:27 PM »
A bit of Cadillac power around the mountain...... who'd of thunk it.  :cup:

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/street-machine-tv/1710/twin-turbo-v6-holden-supercar-laps-bathurst-video
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »
Up on the mountain now, as I am every year,  good to catch up with    old mates and have a laugh, each to his own i guess

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2017, 06:51:48 PM »
**** no, rather mow a 100 acre paddock with a spoon. To me - hasn't been worth watching more than the first 4 laps and last 4 laps for 20+ years.

If I can, I'll watch the whole race......but like Bird, the missus hates racing...but everyones different..

I begrudgingly got foxtel after channel 10 sold us out, and only watch it for the supercars..

As for the drivers couldn't drive a greasy stick ???......how many overseas drivers have come over and shown us how it's done .....none !!

2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2017, 06:59:47 PM »
Just checked the forecast for Bathurst over the weekend....Saturday nothing special, but Sunday is a 95% chance of 15 - 20mm  8) 8) 8)
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »
Just checked the forecast for Bathurst over the weekend....Saturday nothing special, but Sunday is a 95% chance of 15 - 20mm  8) 8) 8)

We can only hope! I bleed blue so for me so far I am loving the pace of the Fords  :cup:

As for some of the other comments in this thread......"I dont watch it and havent for years but Ill be negative towards it anyway"  ;D ;D Come on you blokes, life isnt that bad. I admit I went through a period where I lost a bit of interest between going from production cars to what we now know as the car of the future supercars but I really enjoy it now.

Ive lost interest a bit in Moto GP and like wise Nascar. I understand what your saying about the close racing, its the same with the Aussie Cars series ;) Its all to do with who is racing in them I suppose. Well it is for me.

If there is an Aussie racing wheel barrows on the world stage Id be interested.

I suppose you negative nancies think Sprint Car racing is boring as well?   >:D
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Vitara_JaycoSwift_Outback

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2017, 07:48:01 PM »
A bit of Cadillac power around the mountain...... who'd of thunk it.  :cup:

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/street-machine-tv/1710/twin-turbo-v6-holden-supercar-laps-bathurst-video

OMG!! That tickels my special places better than SWMBO could ever do. Being a a lover of rice burners and the twin turbo GTR'S I can't wait till they're all turboed.

Personally, I have found the competition this year to be very enjoyable. The back and forth between DJR and Triple 8 has breathed some life into the series and now PRA are chimming in again  with Mostert and Cam Water's win at Sandown making things very unpredictable. I hate the 'rubbing is racing' bull Shit that used to go on. Love the strategy and all the technical developments these days.

I do agree that most of the racing only being available on Fox sucks but you can keep up with it on Chanel 10's catch up show which is on late at night after each race day. I record it and watch it later.

Come on couch time Sunday  ;D

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »
l just want to watch fast   ,  Cars/Utes  go around the Mt Panorama  track   quickly   . Call  Taxi races  or what ever   , Sport  . Let the Mountain sort them out  .                         8) 8)                 :-*
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2017, 07:53:33 PM »
I'm with you Danny, well up to the point where you mentioned blue Dont like it dont watch it, simple.
BTW Scottie is one hell of a steerer, gunna be hard beat

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2017, 06:55:23 AM »
Haters are always going to hate.

I try and watch Sandown and Bathurst each year. Looks like the reds need to lift their game as the blues might win it this year.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2017, 07:34:31 AM »
Haters are always going to hate.

I try and watch Sandown and Bathurst each year. Looks like the reds need to lift their game as the blues might win it this year.

S M is a qualifying freak, but like every bathurst, anything can and probably will happen........even if you don't like the racing, tune in for the last 1/2 hour !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2017, 07:51:44 AM »
888 cars spending a fair bit of time kissing concrete and touring the grass and sand.
When they are quick they look very ragged.

Apparently when Scotty Mac reset the practice lap record, it was on used tyres.

Bring on the top 10 shootout.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2017, 07:56:25 AM »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline paul.o

• Tent User
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2017, 08:01:38 AM »
I'll probably catch the Top Ten Shootout this arvo and tune in and catch the last 7 hours or so of the race!!!!  ;D

Can't wait, as mentioned before, qualifying is one thing, Sunday is another beast entirely.

Bring it on!!

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2017, 08:07:53 AM »
I've got a mate in Touring Car Masters who'll be doing qualifying soon.

1964 Mercury Comet # 97, go get 'em Cusso.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2017, 08:24:01 AM »
Oh friggin hell, no coverage of the touring car masters this morning.  ???

Offline paul.o

• Tent User
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2017, 09:27:50 AM »
Jeepers, I saw somewhere yesterday, probably on the Fox V8 website, you can get a free fortnight fox trial. Might help you out?

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »

Did you find out how he went? Pity i didnt see you post earlier, we had a big nite last nite and i couldnt muster the energy to walk the 100metres to the track to watch them, they sounded good tho. I'll let you know how he goes at one o'clock

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2017, 11:49:31 AM »

Is Captain Cusso racing roundy roundies now Kev ?
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "