Author Topic: BATHURST 2017  (Read 24627 times)

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
BATHURST 2017
« on: October 05, 2017, 05:46:15 AM »
So Winterbottom has mimicked Moffat's 1977 paintjob, bloody hell, it looks nothing like it.
In place of dicking around with vinyl stickers, the money could have been better spent on learning to drive better.

Can't say if I'll even watch it this year, boring as bat Shit now really.
Might watch the first 6 laps and the last 6 laps and call it quits at that.

Stick the V8 ute drivers in the "supercars" and see how they go banging panels.................. now that I would watch.
Stick the V8 Supercar drivers in showroom cars, HSV and the like, and see how they go...... now that I would watch.
Stick the radios and telemetry gear in the bin and use old fashion sign boards and drivers.... now that I would watch.

Geez, watching the German Sheperd from 4 doors up slip one up the poodle from across the road would have more entertainment value to what we're getting on the supercars front at the moment.

OH DEAR, I bumped your door and passed you... ever so sorry, please, just pass me back while I slow down.
OH THANK YOU, ever so much, I think i shall.
After you....
Oh no, after you...

For fukks sake, they're fukking race cars, now race the fukkin things or get out. 

I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline drenno

• Swag User
Re: BATHURST 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 06:13:14 AM »
Pass that man a beer!
 :cup:
 :cheers:

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 06:19:14 AM »
l have started to cool the  :cheers: , warm up the Narcho's & other health foods to sustain me through the ordeal  . Bring it on          :cup: :cup:
                                           :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 06:43:49 AM »
have to agree with Jeepers.... :o :o :o :o  :cup:

Might go hunting this weekend..........
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 07:22:47 AM »
You would think they would at least get the type of car correct .. Stupid journo's ... Copy n paste from under photo
"  Mark Winterbottom with Allan Moffat and the 1977 Mustang livery. Picture: Mark HorsburghSource:Supplied  " .
Mustang !! What Mustang !! I could have sworn Moff drove a Falcon XC Coupe that day .
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:30:51 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 08:27:20 AM »
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers
Can't say if I'll even watch it this year, boring as bat Shit now really.
been saying that for years...

Might watch the first 6 laps and the last 6 laps and call it quits at that.
most people do this now.
8 hours of follow the leader? Even the commentators sound bored repeating the same Shit year in year out, and when something minor finally does happen, they switch to Daryl Eastlake mode.. "Someones come in to the pit - lets watch this - 12.002 - that's .001 second slower than the previous stop, they'll be disappointed with that and have to work on that..." cue: 12th man doing murray walker.

Stick the V8 Supercar drivers in showroom cars, HSV and the like, and see how they go...... now that I would watch.
I've suggested this many times.. apparently the production series nobody watches (cause V8 Taxi's have it in the contracts for TV stations not to promote it)

Stick the radios and telemetry gear in the bin and use old fashion sign boards and drivers.... now that I would watch.
Yep... pit stops with the wheel brace that comes with the car and factory rims ;D

For fukks sake, they're fukking race cars, now race the fukkin things or get out.
that's the thing, most circuits don't allow for much passing, its nothing but follow the ****in leader now. specially the street circuits. your watching a sport die a very fast death.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 08:42:19 AM »
Has anyone found links / footage to the Traditional Bathurst V8's race that James Brock won in 1999 in a modded Auscar [ drivers door fitted ] . This was the alternate break away race on the the traditional long week end held by CAMS.[  Bathurst 300 ] . Think Bob Jane sponsored it . And it was good racing to watch, basic mods cars moving around all down to driver talent without fancy techno / electro gizmo's .
Can only find the V8s footage from the following week end Bathurst race .
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:46:41 AM by edz »

Offline Gazza00

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 09:26:39 AM »
"OH DEAR, I bumped your door and passed you... ever so sorry, please, just pass me back while I slow down.
OH THANK YOU, ever so much, I think i shall.
After you....
Oh no, after you...

For fukks sake, they're fukking race cars, now race the fukkin things or get out."

Was watching the Pommie touring cars on Speedweek on Sunday.  2030945866 x more entertaining that the current taxi racing here. They don't mind a bit of push and shove. Could you imagine the carrying on from the ladyboy sooks here.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 10:13:42 AM »
Quote from: Gazza00
Was watching the Pommie touring cars on Speedweek on Sunday.  2030945866 x more entertaining that the current taxi racing here. They don't mind a bit of push and shove. Could you imagine the carrying on from the ladyboy sooks here.
Pom touring cars have always been like that LOL!!!  but **** they must carry some spare parts with em
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Onion

• Tent User
    • Open-AudIT
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 10:44:14 AM »
Personally, I'd love to see ANY/ALL showroom cars with a couple of mods. Tyres, cage, exhaust and not much interior. Done. Now go race. And if you hit one another, man (or lady) up and get on with it. Introduce classes because a Focus can't compete with a Lambo outright, obviously.

Basically production cars + a few selective mods and different classes - AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME TRACK.

Reminds me of ducking to the shops to get milk, actually!

Everything else Jeepers said ->  :cheers:
Trackabout owner.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
Personally, I'd love to see ANY/ALL showroom cars with a couple of mods. Tyres, cage, exhaust and not much interior. Done. Now go race. And if you hit one another, man (or lady) up and get on with it. Introduce classes because a Focus can't compete with a Lambo outright, obviously.

Basically production cars + a few selective mods and different classes - AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME TRACK.

Half of em wouldnt last a lap....
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 11:07:13 AM »
Quote from: Onion
Personally, I'd love to see ANY/ALL showroom cars with a couple of mods. Tyres, cage, exhaust and not much interior. Done. Now go race. And if you hit one another, man (or lady) up and get on with it. Introduce classes because a Focus can't compete with a Lambo outright, obviously
you mean like it was in the 60/70's? would be awesome!.

agree...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJAqLwaeM1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bbZplBfzBw
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 11:19:58 AM »
Was only yesterday arvo after seeing the truck parade on the news that I realised Bathurst is on this weekend, ever since it went the pay tv route to have lost interest in the V8's. I'll likely watch some of the racing over the weekend, more so if rain is forecast  ;D
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 12:30:59 PM »
Love the commentary on this bit of footage especialy at the 4:10 > > mark  ==    Household Ajax mixed with engine oil to deglaze the cylinder bores .. ;D ;D  Commentators got it wrong back then too .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJAqLwaeM1s
Old car yard trick to hone the bores on  a smokey motor, high revs and a few good puffs of powdered AJAX or Bon Amy down the carby, give it a good clean and sell it out the door quick,  Re-bore in a can .. 1000 k's later she's using more oil than petrol .
 Known a few shonks to do it back in the day ..   ;D

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 12:48:56 PM »
Hey Edz, i'm not seeing any Caddy's in the clips.  :'(

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »
this is my car for the new event
http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/500000-ford-falcon-gtho-phase-iii-heads-15-million-luxury-car-auction/news-story/dc8a0871e86e348a063620179f90ab1e

$500,000 Ford Falcon GTHO Phase III heads $15 million luxury car auction

IT WAS left untouched, hidden under blankets in a Perth garage for 30 years. Now the lucky owner is cashing in on his rare Ford Falcon muscle car.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »
Its still got the old style TA's on it too.  :cup:

They were hopeless in the wet on a good day, can't imagine what they'd be like to drive on now. (if they don't delaminate getting out of the driveway)

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 01:09:24 PM »
Imagine the day, when many years from now, somebody opens a shed to find a 2012 Kia with only 250,000 klm on it.

OH WOW, and it's in black too...... barn find, barn find, barn find.

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 01:27:19 PM »

yeah it is called the Bathurst 6 hour. Great racing.

http://www.bathurst6hour.com.au/

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 02:08:26 PM »
No class Kev no class at all .. ;D

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 02:30:19 PM »
Imagine the day, when many years from now, somebody opens a shed to find a 2012 Kia with only 250,000 klm on it.

OH WOW, and it's in black too...... barn find, barn find, barn find.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 08:08:32 PM »
I must be in the minority. I still watch the racing with enthusiasm.

I agree the old days of production cars was great but that was an era of muscle cars. Todays 'race sunday, buy monday' production cars are not as appealing.

Supercars has and continues to try and promote an even playing field to get close competitive racing. Its far from follow the leader, the racing for the most part is very competitive, on the edge driving, show casing some of the worlds most talented drivers  :cup:

Ill have the tv playing in my shed all weekend and we will have our traditional Bathurst day sunday where me and few mates sit and watch it all day. No negativity here, bring it on.

Already on Day 1 we have seen a few big spills, a couple of very fast laps and there will be plenty more stories to be told yet.....so strap in and get into you negative nancys  ;D
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »
Two night shifts and a wake up to go, The Waeco is out and  set to take its place beside the armchair for the coldies  on Sunday, Bacon ready for brekky,  the prawns are on order from the trawlers for lunch ...
 Wife and little Miss are on notice to vacate the premises for the day .."  Yes dear please leave something in the bank account,  go and have a nice day shopping " ..... " Hello bank Ive lost my cards, Oh you can put a stop on them great "   ;D
Bathurst is the one and only day of the year  I get the TV and house  all to myself without interruption . phones off the hook too ..

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 06:13:21 AM »
lt is truly the  1 Day of the year to watch TV uninterrupted .
Unless its to pick up a fresh  :cheers: that has been delivered to your chair by Said " Beer Wench " & food  .  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 06:45:45 AM »
7:30am bbq breakfast and light the spit at a mates house with about 20 others.  Pick a few numbers out of a hat for the $5 and $10 sweepstakes.
Numbers swell to around 40 by lunchtime when the chicken and lamb souvas are ready. Plenty of drinks and laughs into the late arvo.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk