Author Topic: Itineray Stage 3  (Read 3799 times)

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Itineray Stage 3
« on: August 10, 2016, 12:48:44 PM »

Sunday 10th June leave Wed 13th June

We leave Windjana Gorge and head to Derby.
We will be staying at Kimberley Entrance Caravan Park. (Pets allowed)

Derby is a tiny town and has a woolies and bottle shop.

Our flights to the horizontal waterfalls for our overnight trip will leave from here. Overnight at the falls will be the Monday night.

http://kimberleyentrancecaravanpark.com.au/

3 nights / 2 days

( Book for Sunday 10th June leaving Wednesday 13th June.)

Wed 13th June leave Sunday 17th June.

We leave Derby and head to Broome. (Caravan park to be arranged.) Approx 3 hr drive.

Time to explore Broome enjoy Cable Beach and the surrounds. Stock up here for our expedition to the Cape Leveque area. Enjoy a day or 2 fishing with Boab Boats.

( 4 nights / 3 and a half days)

(Book for Wed 13th - leave Sunday 17th June)

Sunday 17th June leave Wednesday 20th June.

We leave Broome for our expedition north. We head to:

Manari Road, WA
60km north of Broome

Secluded barramundi fishing holes and blissfully remote beaches sandwiched between shallow coral reefs and an uninhabited coastline of red sand cliffs make this one of the west’s best beach camping destinations.
The threat of Woodside’s gas processing plant development has long past, reserving this pristine stretch of Pindan woodlands for anglers, campers and beachcombers. To get there, head about an hour’s drive north of Broome to Willie Creek with its natural boat ramp, and Barred Creek further up the track: both ideal camps for barramundi-chasers.
For beach life, ocean views and the chance to spend long, lazy days swimming, snorkelling and spotting whales, continue along Manari Road to Quondong Point where a 3km-long stretch of campsites (some with shade), tops the red cliffs. There are more beachfront campsites 13km north at James Price Point, and a large, flat clearing at Coulomb Point on the southern edge of a nature reserve, both providing beach access for four-wheel-drivers.
There are no facilities on offer so the usual camp courtesies apply: make use of your onboard toilet, use only existing fire rings, and take all rubbish away with you.

Location: Travel 10km east of Broome, turn north onto the Broome-Cape Leveque Road and after 15km take a left onto Manari Road and follow the signs to your choice of camp.
Facilities: None, maximum three-day stay, generators permitted.
Pets: Allowed.

Visit Willy Creek Pearl farm.

(3 nights / 2 days)

Wednesday 20th June leave Sunday 24th June.

We head to Gnylmarung Retreat.

Gnylmarung Retreat is located approximately 150 kilometres north of Broome, on the Middle Lagoon

Camping sites

At Gnylmarung we have about 20 camping sites, some with an ocean view, others are in shadier areas, and some are in secluded bushland.  Wash-up sinks are provided at camp sites, along with good drinking water. Bush bbq's are provided and firewood is available.  We have a boat ramp and dedicated fish cleaning area.`

Gnylmarung Retreat has clean ablution blocks with solar heated showers. 

There is also a laundry with a washing machine, and all we ask for is a gold coin donation.

http://www.gnylmarung.org.au/

(4 nights - 3 days)

(We will confirm with them 3 months prior to arrival. )

Sunday 24th June leave Friday 29th June

We head to Middle Lagoon. Camping on the beachfront.
Middle Lagoon is a wonderful place to go exploring, rediscover your love of nature and refresh yourself by getting active. Stroll along beautiful beaches spotting the fabulous shells that are abound.

http://www.middlelagoon.com.au/

(5 nights / 4 and a half days)

( Book for Sunday 24th June leave Friday 29th June)

Friday 29th June leave Fri 6th July.

We leave Middle Lagoon and head to Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm. Our group will take all campsites that are avaiable. We will have a boat at our disposal to explore the area and catch plenty of fish. There is a restaurant and swimming pool plus a bar. This will end our trip to Cape Leveque before we head back to Broome.

http://www.cygnetbaypearls.com.au/

(7 nights / 6 days and a half days)

(Book arrive Friday 29th June leave Fri 6th July.)

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:51:24 PM by McGirr »
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Re: Itineray Stage 3
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 02:04:35 PM »
Middle Lagoon

Cygnet Bay

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

oetkb

Re: Itineray Stage 3
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:20:44 PM »
I only have 2 words. "oh dear".
People are expected to move on from those locations right?
Those photos are just so amazing I think you could just leave me there forever.
I've got 9 weeks next year and currently doing my research for the Kimberley/Pilbara area and every time I see these amazing locations I just want to quit work and leave tomorrow.

On a separate note, At what sort of Northerly inclination do you start finding painted/rainbow crays? I'm hoping it's a long way south of where you start finding crocs.

Cheers :cheers: