Author Topic: New Nissan Patrol Pictures  (Read 22030 times)

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: New Nissan Patrol Pictures
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2011, 01:22:21 PM »
I hadn't read this one, bloody funny stuff, looking at it, probably not the best looking vehicle and the resemblence to the LC200 is quite close, BUT, judging it on how it looks stock out of the factory is a bit harsh, put a bullbar and rear bar, lights and a snorkle and I think it may look alright, as for it wizbangery, all vehicles are gonig this way.

It's funny, when the D3 came out, all the Landy purists said almost the same things, it's ugly, to many electronic, not as good as a live axle 4B off road, same was said of the LC200, I think both these vehicles have proven that they are as good, if not better in some conditions, I know one thing for certain, traction control is brilliant in my D2 and the new LC200 and D3/4 is 100% better again.

Electonics is the future, embrace it I say :cup:

Baz.
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »
Electonics is the future, embrace it I say :cup:

Baz.

Baz, have you been to the electrical threads lately????

Are you mad?  ::) ::) ::)

Just kidding. I agree, if you don't keep up, you'll be left behind.
Now I've gotta go. Need to see the 9 year old next door so he can turn my telly on!!!!!

Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline Camping Grant

• The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Such Is Life
    • Grant & Kerryn's Camping Adventures
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2011, 08:03:49 AM »
Perhaps it's a Cruiser/Range Rover hybrid... Cruiser rear end / range rover nose??

Offline Moto Moto

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2011, 08:04:48 AM »
Not my cup of tea.

Would prefer to drop a 6.5 Chev V8 into my existing Trol (and maybe a supercharger ;D).

OR for $50 you could buy one of these and at least make it feel like you are driving a thumping v8 :cheers: :cup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9XAC-BvUyo
2012 BT-50 XTR and Jayco Expanda 14.44-4 Outback

Offline Fivid

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
In at the local Nissan dealer a couple of days ago, they have finally got info on the new Patrol, dates and engines.  The thing that interested me was that they confirmed the current shape model will continue as a cheaper alternative to the new model but will have a V6 diesel.  No specs on it as yet but it sounds like good news to me and a new Patrol may join the current one in our driveway in a couple of years...
 :cheers:
Dave
http://www.trailtrack4x4.com/

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2011, 12:18:42 PM »
In at the local Nissan dealer a couple of days ago, they have finally got info on the new Patrol, dates and engines.  The thing that interested me was that they confirmed the current shape model will continue as a cheaper alternative to the new model but will have a V6 diesel.  No specs on it as yet but it sounds like good news to me and a new Patrol may join the current one in our driveway in a couple of years...
Dave

I found this ;D

The Renault-Nissan Alliance unveiled its brand-new V6 dCi Diesel engine (V9X type) on Laguna Coupe at the Paris motorshow, in October 2008. This engine is the first Diesel V6 engine developed and produced by the Alliance. It will equip upper-range vehicles to meet the growing worldwide demand for engines that are powerful and yet fuel and CO2 efficient.
The Alliance cooperation has made it possible for both Renault and Nissan to offer a state-of-the art premium powertrain to their customers, all around the world.

Apparently the new Navara and Pathfinder will get this engine too in 2011

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:21:20 PM by Redback »
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »
Still not the big diesel I'd hoped they'd come out with, but it's a start,

V9X Engine from Wikipedia,
Nissan-Renault V9X engine Manufacturer Nissan-Renault
Production 2009-Present
Assembly Cleon, France
Class Turbo diesel V6

The V9X is a common rail V6 turbodiesel developed by the Nissan-Renault alliance, and first installed in the Renault Laguna in 2009. It was subsequently made available for all longitudinal engined including Infiniti, along with Nissan Pathfinder, Nissan Navara, Infiniti FX, Infiniti EX, Infiniti M an Renault Laguna.

Engine Power and CombustionThe V9X V6 diesel engine develops 240 hp (179 kW) and 550 N·m (410 lb·ft) of torque.

The combustion chamber design was optimized to improve the balance between emission levels and fuel efficiency; the compression ratio was lowered to 16:1 to benefit not just economy and emissions but also noise, vibration and harshness (NVH).

Class-leading levels of torque and highly competitive specific power outputs are delivered thanks to the adoption of a comparatively large single turbocharger, which is mounted within the vee of the engine, an intercooler and the use of the latest generation of Bosch Common rail fuel injection. This system incorporates piezo injectors and operates at 1,800 bar.

Power output is on target at 240 hp (179 kW) while the class-leading torque output of 550 N·m (410 lb·ft)(for rear and four-wheel drive applications) is better than the target. Peak torque is achieved from as low as 1,750 rpm and is available all the way to 2,500 rpm, while as much as 500 N·m is available from 1,500 rpm. Idle speed is an exceptionally low 650 rpm with none of the NVH usually associated with a diesel.The result is strong low-end performance with comfortably refined delivery. Special tuning of the exhaust note provides a pleasantly sporting note at about 2,500 rpm under hard acceleration.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »
There has been talk the new Patrol would be getting the Renault V6 Turbo Diesel shortly after the talk of the new Patrol, but Nissan, last news Nissan had not made a decision on a diesel motor at all for the new Patrol.  Apparently it is only Australia and South Africa that are asking for a diesel.  With such a small portion of the global market wanting a diesel news was that Nissan were opting to keep the V8 petrol version of the new Patrol only and run it along side the current model GU Patrol, still running a 3 litre 4 cylinder CR TD. Nissan will still be selling the old GU in the cab chassis, there is no new Patrol cab chassis, Patrol wagon only.

Nissan announced last year the Pathfinder and Navara would be getting the Renault V6TD.  For all the Patrol drivers out there maybe after Nissan sees how the Pathie's and Navara's go with the V6TD they might finally come to their senses and put a halfway decent diesel motor in the patrol.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline gq man

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2011, 08:01:19 PM »
looks very similar to a cruiser,  it wish they would just build something which would be good offroad, eg something that will flex

Offline Jon

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Bringing rain to every campsite
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 08:23:03 PM »
Special tuning of the exhaust note provides a pleasantly sporting note at about 2,500 rpm under hard acceleration.

Aint nothin comes close to your little 2.8 t full noise on the Grimme track vid. :cup:
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2011, 06:37:33 PM »
There has been talk the new Patrol would be getting the Renault V6 Turbo Diesel shortly after the talk of the new Patrol...
With such a small portion of the global market wanting a diesel news was that Nissan were opting to keep the V8 petrol version of the new Patrol only and run it along side the current model GU Patrol, still running a 3 litre 4 cylinder CR TD.
The last I've heard is that while the GU will be carrying on alongside the new model when it arrives (much like the D22 and D40 Navaras), it will be with the same 3L motor, not the ripper Renault V6. Which is a shame, as by all accounts that motor is wonderful.

As has been said, the Pathfinder and Navara are getting the V9x, but it's an expensive proposition. The Ti550 Pathfinder is something like $75k. That why Nissan have so far refused to bring that motor to the Patrol - the GU would end up close to $100k. Nissan's strategy is to keep the current GU as the tough/budget option (same as the current D22), and the new Patrol as the new/big/luxury LC200 fighter, with a price to match. Toyota have proved that people will pay $110k for a top-spec Sahara LC200, so Nissan wants in on that pie. Unfortunately having the GU's price come up too far erodes that strategy.

Which is a shame, because from an offroad perspective, most 4WDers would probably see the V9X equipped GU as the more attractive competitor to the LC200 - solid axles, comparable power and torque but cheaper rego, big GU body that can take all the current accessories, and so on. If they could do it at a good price, they'd be onto a winner. People would still complain that the V9X motor is too electronic, and too fragile, and that the body style is dated and such, but for people after a new Patrol with the motor like a LC200, it would be a cracking vehicle. I'd have one. Alas, by the time you get the expensive motor in, then engineer/ADR/crash test/everything else, you've got to recoup that money somehow. As alnjan rightly says, they don't sell Patrols in many places these days, so the big cost has to be shared by not many people. Or, they could just keep on selling what they've already got, which doesn't require much in the way of new money.

Anyway, now I'm just rambling. tl;dr - I'd like to drive one of the new Patrols. Flightrisk - you suck!

Thanks!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline Fivid

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2011, 06:51:07 AM »
The last I've heard is that while the GU will be carrying on alongside the new model when it arrives (much like the D22 and D40 Navaras), it will be with the same 3L motor, not the ripper Renault V6. Which is a shame, as by all accounts that motor is wonderful.

The Nissan dealer sounded pretty confident last week telling me the current shape will have a V6 diesel but I don't know if it is the same as used in the Pathie or another.  From an R+D perspective why would you have different ones and if it is the same one then the R+D costs put into that motor already would then be shared across a greater sales volume.
The only real answer will be when (if?) they physically arrive I suppose but if the prices don't go up too much I will certainly buy one.
Dave
http://www.trailtrack4x4.com/

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:52 AM »
I would have one in a heart beat, can't beat the mighty Patrol..... ;D ;D ;D
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2011, 07:46:22 AM »
The Nissan dealer sounded pretty confident last week telling me the current shape will have a V6 diesel but I don't know if it is the same as used in the Pathie or another. 
You're probably right - I've not heard anything for a while, so it stands to reason that your dealer would have more up to date info. If it was going to get a v6 diesel, it would be the Renault v9x. For a long time Nissan maintained that they wouldn't fit that engine to the Pathfinder or Navara either, as it would make them too expensive for the general public, and then relented with the Ti550's as a way of gauging the market. Who knows - if enough people stump up the extra for them it might convince Nissan to slot it into the Patrol.

It would certainly be attractive to have the same engine across all three of the major 4WD Nissan platforms, just from a spare parts and servicing perspective. Much more likely to get parts and expertise in the bush. No doubt the Patrol would need to be running a slightly different configuration so as to have an edge on paper (to justify it's higher price tag and higher spot on the totem pole), but hopefully it would be limited to ECU changes and bolt-ons.

I'm with Fivid and Teabag - I'd be sorely tempted by one if the price was reasonable. However, going off the Pathfinder prices as a guide, I don't envisage I could afford one brand new. Still, I believe a lot of people would cross-shop them with a v8 TTD LC200, so the extra price probably doesn't matter much in the grand scheme. I'll just wait a couple of years, and pick one up that's done shopping centre duty!

Thanks!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »
I think I would be tempted to get the poverty pack current shape patrol with the new V6 fitted, if they run it along side the new model.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »
The annoying this with the whole diesel engine sage for the Patrol is that back in the beginning when the new Patrol was announced it was said along with the V8 petrol it would getting a Renault V6 Twin Turbo Diesel. 

While Pathie and Narava may be getting the V6TD Nissan may still be tweaking the second turbo for the extra size of a Patrol compared to the small and lighter Pathie and Narava and still have the engine meet future predicted European exhaust emissions.   Who knows
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline darren

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius"
    • CampingAustralia.org
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »
all the power in the world wont help if your wheel is in the air..
Living the Dream.

Offline Jon

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Bringing rain to every campsite
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
all the power in the world wont help if your wheel is in the air..
But gravity might....
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.