Author Topic: CLUB 4x4 insurance  (Read 24319 times)

Offline Fuddy

• Learning the Ropes
Re: CLUB 4x4 insurance
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2017, 12:13:14 PM »
Why would you support a company that’s going to penalise you (increase your premium) if you’re the blameless party in an accident?
This does not only apply to Club4x4’s insurance but also to a number of other insurers. To me, principle comes above all else and whilst I would certainly have considered Club 4x4 for my next insurance renewal - it’s not going to happen under their current policy.
I have lived in 2 other countries and never come across this before - can anybody enlighten me as to why Australians support this discriminatory practice?
The following users thanked this post: Club 4x4

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »
Quote from: Fuddy
I have lived in 2 other countries and never come across this before - can anybody enlighten me as to why Australians support this discriminatory practice?
and your options are.... ???
-
Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
>Click image below<

Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Totally rewired by Evo

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2017, 02:55:22 PM »
I just did an online quote for the Prado and Expanda and got the following at completion
Based on the information provided, we are unable to quote this risk as it falls outside of our underwriting guidelines.

I didn't think there was anything in the answers I provided to warrant the reply. It was just a normal car with normal accessories and a normal van with normal accessories. We have had one claim in 8 years and it was for last months hail storm. One question I think requires clarification was with the van cover "do you take it off road". I answered yes but what is off road. Driving off the bitumen on gazetted roads I thought was a yes.

Offline hempo

• Tent User
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2017, 04:45:44 PM »
Quick question MDS69 - has the hail been repaired?  If not you can't get insurance elsewhere as it is pre existing damage.   

Not sure if they asked you that question or not though.  However you will need to stay with the same insurer until repaired.

As the claim was so recent it may automatically decline under the pretense the repairs could not have been completed yet.  Generally hail claims take months to get finalized as repairers are inundated with claims.  Could be built into there quoting system.

Also on the no fault excess, as Coiled says provided you meet all of the requirements there should be no excess applicable.  Just flicked through the Club4x4 PDS and they don't appear to have the standard clause about an excess when you are not at fault.  Very odd.  Most will state provided you have name, address, phone number of other party no excess is applicable.  Provided it is clear cut and not disputed.  If disputed you will have to pay an excess.  Club4x4 simply state;

Excesses
When you make a claim, unless we determine that an excess is not
applicable, you must pay all the applicable excesses which are set
out in your Certificate of Insurance and which specifically relate to the
circumstances of your claim. If required by us, you must pay all the
applicable excesses before we provide you with any policy benefits.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:55:07 PM by hempo »
2016 Holden Colorado LS Cab Chassis with 2011 Jimboomba Condamine Camper Trailer

Offline Club 4x4

• Swag User
  • Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts!
    • Club 4X4
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2017, 01:08:41 PM »
Why would you support a company that’s going to penalise you (increase your premium) if you’re the blameless party in an accident?
This does not only apply to Club4x4’s insurance but also to a number of other insurers. To me, principle comes above all else and whilst I would certainly have considered Club 4x4 for my next insurance renewal - it’s not going to happen under their current policy.

Hi Fuddy,

Here is an article we published a while back about this that may help. http://www.club4x4.com.au/truth-not-fault-claims/

Ultimately, Club 4X4 is offering a product that cannot be replicated anywhere else in the Australian Insurance Industry, as such we feel its not unreasonable that our processes be slightly different. The article above calls out why we do it but also that you may already be susceptible to this in your current policy without knowing it.

We've just tried to be transparent about it and call it out upfront.

Kalen
Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts
www.facebook.com/club4x4insurance/?ref=hl
WWW.Club4X4.COM.AU
1800 CLUB 4X4

Offline Club 4x4

• Swag User
    • Club 4X4
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2017, 01:10:28 PM »
I just did an online quote for the Prado and Expanda and got the following at completion
Based on the information provided, we are unable to quote this risk as it falls outside of our underwriting guidelines.

I didn't think there was anything in the answers I provided to warrant the reply. It was just a normal car with normal accessories and a normal van with normal accessories. We have had one claim in 8 years and it was for last months hail storm. One question I think requires clarification was with the van cover "do you take it off road". I answered yes but what is off road. Driving off the bitumen on gazetted roads I thought was a yes.

As Hempo called out below MDS69, if you answered your van to have hail damage then this wont allow it to continue. But feel free to provide me with more information, or, i can get one of my team to call you at a time that is convenient for you and we will be able to answer why we couldn't quote you definitively.
WWW.Club4X4.COM.AU
1800 CLUB 4X4

Online tryagain

• Hard Floor Camper User

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »
As Hempo called out below MDS69, if you answered your van to have hail damage then this wont allow it to continue. But feel free to provide me with more information, or, i can get one of my team to call you at a time that is convenient for you and we will be able to answer why we couldn't quote you definitively.

No hail damage on the van, just the car which has been assessed and just waiting for insurance to pull their finger out and book it in for repair.

I still don't understand the comment "Based on the information provided, we are unable to quote this risk as it falls outside of our underwriting guidelines"
when my situation for car, accessories on car and off road van was pretty standard and mild in comparison to a lot of people out there unless it is because of the current unrepaired hail damage as pointed out by Hempo.

Online tryagain

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »
I still don't understand the comment "Based on the information provided, we are unable to quote this risk as it falls outside of our underwriting guidelines"

Pretty sure it will be this

because of the current unrepaired hail damage

Offline Fuddy

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2017, 05:41:02 PM »
Hi Kalen

Thanks for the link to your article (which I have read previously). I don’t dispute that you have a good product, but why not make it better. I don’t see why ‘offering a product that cannot be replicated anywhere else in the Australian Insurance Industry’ justifies ‘penalising’ an innocent policy holder.

If your policies were marginally more expensive, that would cover the difference between the policy excess and the additional costs of the ‘not at fault claims’ (and your members wouldn’t be treated as though they were the guilty party).

Fortunately my insurer does not penalise me if someone else drives into me and their ‘agreed value’ is high enough to cover the value of my vehicle and the accessories.

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2017, 09:18:55 PM »
Pretty sure it will be this

If it is all well and good then but it would be nice to be told instead of being given a standard non specific response. Booked in for repairs in June so will have another go at the quote process then.

Offline Club 4x4

• Swag User
    • Club 4X4
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »
Hi Kalen

Thanks for the link to your article (which I have read previously). I don’t dispute that you have a good product, but why not make it better. I don’t see why ‘offering a product that cannot be replicated anywhere else in the Australian Insurance Industry’ justifies ‘penalising’ an innocent policy holder.

If your policies were marginally more expensive, that would cover the difference between the policy excess and the additional costs of the ‘not at fault claims’ (and your members wouldn’t be treated as though they were the guilty party).

Fortunately my insurer does not penalise me if someone else drives into me and their ‘agreed value’ is high enough to cover the value of my vehicle and the accessories.

Fuddy,

Duly noted and will take a look at whether changes can be made based on this feedback.

Currently this is a fundamental underwriting criteria for Club 4X4, but in the future it may not be.

Thanks for your honest feedback.

Kal
WWW.Club4X4.COM.AU
1800 CLUB 4X4

Offline Throbbinhood

• Tent User
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2017, 03:59:38 PM »
Well, I had a look at going with you guys..

But at almost 3x the premium for lesser levels of coverage, that fell over quickly. :(

Offline Club 4x4

• Swag User
    • Club 4X4
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
Well, I had a look at going with you guys..

But at almost 3x the premium for lesser levels of coverage, that fell over quickly. :(

Thanks for trying us out and i do appreciate the feedback Throbbinhood. Unfortunately we wont always be competitive but i'll need to look into that as it shouldn't be that far off.

Cheers
WWW.Club4X4.COM.AU
1800 CLUB 4X4

Offline Shaker

• Vista RV Crossover
  • Swag User
« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2017, 08:46:15 PM »
I would be interested to know why although I haven’t had a claim, my premium has risen 30%?
Also the free magazine has been changed to electronic version instead of hard copy!

Offline MuruCycles

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2017, 07:03:34 AM »
I would be interested to know why although I haven’t had a claim, my premium has risen 30%?
Also the free magazine has been changed to electronic version instead of hard copy!
well I could be a smartarse and say that Pat wants a new hat...

but the truth is that it's probably for the same reason as our pet insurance jumped by 65% (with no claims)

In the case of PetPlan, they were forced to change underwriters and the new guys... not so cheap.

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
www.desertchallenge.org
www.murucycles.com
our "half an 80 series" camper trailer build http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=48738.0

Offline KingBilly

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Coddiwompling through life
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2017, 08:46:52 AM »

Because they have established some market share through cheaper introductory premiums and are now moving towards recouping the actual costs of providing their insurance cover. Standard marketing practices on a new start up.  Probably expect to see similar premium increases for next year or two.

KB
The following users thanked this post: MuruCycles

Online Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2017, 09:06:08 AM »
Quote from: Shaker
Kingbilly hit it on the head... come in suckers.. happens all the time..

ring them up and act like a prospective customer who is with someone else - see how much cheaper it is ;)
-
>Click image below<

Totally rewired by Evo

Online McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2017, 10:01:07 AM »
Every insurance company is underwritten by another.

Premiums will rise in every sector not just 4wd insurance if there is a major catastrophe in the world such as fires , cyclones, hurricanes etc. When you hear that estimated damage is worth 1 billion dollars then some one has to pay. How else do they recoup their money. It has to come from somewhere. All types of insurance then rises.

When I was a body corp manager we attended seminars on insurance premiums and what affects them. Naturally some other factors come into play such as risk, location etc.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT.

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia-974622499297992/

Offline KingBilly

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Coddiwompling through life
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2017, 03:35:08 PM »
Kingbilly hit it on the head... come in suckers.. happens all the time..

Umm, at no stage did I suggest the premium increase was due to some con job or underhanded tactics.

I was simply saying that they more than likely kept their premiums artificially low to establish market share.  Now that market share has been established they are adjusting premiums to actually cover the cost of the insured risks.

KB
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:36:58 PM by KingBilly »

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2017, 05:28:32 PM »
I've had nothing but pleasant dealings with Club 4x4 to the point I started a partnership arrangement with our 4wd Club, and have both cars and the camper with them, as they've been the most competitive insurer I could find based on my accessories and agreed value offered on my wife's car and the camper

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Online Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »
Umm, at no stage did I suggest the premium increase was due to some con job or underhanded tactics.
neither did i .. but its the usual give em stupidly low price and majority of people dont look at their renewal, just pay it... so 30% more makes up for the loss last yre
-
>Click image below<

Totally rewired by Evo