Author Topic: Redbank Waterhole Owen Springs  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Jim.

• Sleeping Bag User
Redbank Waterhole Owen Springs
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:51:26 PM »
Hi all,

We spent the weekend at Redbank Waterhole last weekend, as we were leaving I saw a MySwag member sneaking in on Sunday Arvo.......................I think it might of been Anfos, an Alice Springs member.

Heres a photo of the waterhole taken this weekend.........it really is a beautiful place to camp.

Regards to all, Jim & Kerrie

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
Re: Redbank Waterhole Owen Springs
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »
Nice n green in Alice at moment, amazing what a little rain will do.

Oh! we need evidence of another member being there. ;D
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline albyback1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Never too busy to go camping
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »
Ive been to Owen Springs on many occasions... Its a nice round trip is you visit Rainbow Valley in the morning and then head a short way north back to Alice on the Sturt Highway, turn left.. its very well sign posted. Camping at the water hole for a couple of days is wonderful. Camping in Lawrence George has often seen a dingo pack either visit or at worst, a series of howls during the night.

Over the past 6 to 8 years, there has always been water (at varying levels) in the water hole ensuring interesting wildlife - especially birds. Ive seen yellow tailed black cockatoos in their (it seamed) 100's... the noise was simply amazing.

Sensational destination.. a favorite of ours after rain!
Every where I go I bring pleasure. Sometimes it's when I arrive... but usually its when I leave!

Offline Anfos

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 06:09:43 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry to say it wasn't us sneaking into owen springs! We are away touring this great country of ours atm!  Not sure who that was.

I do agree tho, it's a top camping spot. We stayed there last Easter and there was heaps of water there then. Also stayed in may and had the entire area to ourselves, except for the dingos!

We'll be home in Alice on Friday arvo so if you're still in town, maybe we can meet up for a coffee?

Cheers,

Anfos

Sent from Anfos's iPhone using Tapatalk
Anfos

2010 Triton and Pioneer Argyle SE