Author Topic: how long can it take for a new campertrailer  (Read 3492 times)

Offline bulldog59

• Learning the Ropes
how long can it take for a new campertrailer
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »
I ordered a new Obriens camper back in October last year and was told it would be ready by the end of Febuary, unfortunately Im still waiting, is this normal? Its my first camper and Im not sure now if I got the right guys.

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: how long can it take for a new campertrailer
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:55:34 PM »
Mate I'd be putting a bomb under them and asking for a please explain and a confirmed delivery date. If can't supply this get your deposit back and look elswhere.
Have they given you a reason why camper is running late?

Glenn :cheers:

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline WogsRus

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »
That is a LONG time. I was supper stoke when SAM at Xtrail said it would be 4 weeks and was ready in 3.

I would think on average anything 6 weeks is a bit of a stretch unless there is a lot of custom work going on.
HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
"Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Offline FZJ

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »
We ordered a camel bushman on the 13th Feb at the newcastle show and even with the extra time of getting it gal dipped it will be delivered this week ( I hope ;D)
I dont mind going to work, its the 8 hours  i have to wait to go home again that annoys me.

Camel bushman....

Offline bulldog59

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 04:26:51 PM »
I was told their is a list of people in front of me and also they were waiting on the canvas to be completed .

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 05:24:03 PM »
I was told their is a list of people in front of me and also they were waiting on the canvas to be completed .

Sounds to me like bit of a friendly WTF rev up is needed. >:D >:D
Amazing how that works sometimes.

Best of luck

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline bulldog59

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »
well i was told today hopefully ready end of next week, wondering if anybody else has dealt with them ?.

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »
Wasn't the order line for a new Camprite running at about 18 months not so long ago? 4 months doesn't sound so bad in comparison! JT rushed our Trackabout order through for us, but that was still 2.5-3 months from memory.

Bulldog - I've not heard of them, but I think you've done the right thing by getting in contact with them and having a chat. Goodness knows there's a million things that can go wrong over the course of 5 months - some of the delays could be their fault, but some could be completely out of their hands - supply issues, third parties stuffing them around, just plain busy, you never know.

Think of it this way - once you've got the camper, the extra month's wait will be a small price to pay, and soon forgotten in the many years of enjoyment that you'll have camping around this big country!

Good luck with the wait - I know it's painful now, but it'll all be worth it soon!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline bulldog59

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »
I really hope so, but I may not get much  chance to use the darn thing with winter getting closer and no leave from work untill October.

Offline Johnny Trackabout

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • GIDDY UP...WHOO BACK
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 05:46:49 PM »
Wasn't the order line for a new Camprite running at about 18 months not so long ago? 4 months doesn't sound so bad in comparison! JT rushed our Trackabout order through for us, but that was still 2.5-3 months from memory.

Bulldog - I've not heard of them, but I think you've done the right thing by getting in contact with them and having a chat. Goodness knows there's a million things that can go wrong over the course of 5 months - some of the delays could be their fault, but some could be completely out of their hands - supply issues, third parties stuffing them around, just plain busy, you never know.

Think of it this way - once you've got the camper, the extra month's wait will be a small price to pay, and soon forgotten in the many years of enjoyment that you'll have camping around this big country!

Good luck with the wait - I know it's painful now, but it'll all be worth it soon!
Matto :)

Not anymore we have just put on another 7 new staff members to cope with sales and turnaround times are an easy 4 weeks on 4x4 Deluxe Tourers and Safari SV models and the Extenda and Rearfold models up to 6 - 8 weeks pending on requirements and features. In around one month from now when the models are released and with the way they are designed and constructed we are hoping to have all base models out in around a 2 weeks and people walking in off the street who need a camper to take home from out of town will be offered a 24 hour turnaround with our new silver service for around $500 more to cover overtime wage rates etc....exciting times ahead @Trackabout HQ

Cheers
JT

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 07:13:19 PM »
Not anymore we have just put on another 7 new staff members to cope with sales and turnaround Cheers
JT

What 7 welding robots ;D

Sounds like the trackabouts are only getting better, well done JT

Not too much longer to go now Bulldog, ask for a couple of freebies due to the extended build, if you dont ask you will never know, you need something to keep the coldie the right temp

GG

Offline camdyson

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 09:00:29 PM »
Took us nearly 6 months for our "6 week" build, after a lot of harassment and surprise factory visits! Drove me nuts, and no way to run a business (a small Melbourne co.) but happily the end result was worth the grief.

Don't worry, it'll all be forgotten on your first trip when you tear the head off your first frothy....

Cheers,

Cam (East Gippslander)
Set your chickens free