Author Topic: electrical problem info required  (Read 1616 times)

Offline ehsc

• FIRE EARTH MOON STARS THATS LIVING
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • JUST DO IT
electrical problem info required
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »
Hi all   :police:

Any help on this would be great when i plug the dove into the patrol with the  fridge on 12volt my fuel gauge drops buy qrt of a tank approx .When fridge is off all ok So can anbody give me any ideas on what to look for i have had a quick look at back of fridge can"t see any loose or damaged wiring ect have been going to look at plug on car when get a chance .Has anyone had any thing like this before .

thanks Troy   :cheers: :cheers:
2017 Isuxu D-max
2003 Jayco Freedom Outback

Offline John N (sa)

• Learning the Ropes
Re: electrical problem info required
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:51:40 AM »
G'day Troy,

some earlier GU patrols had insufficient earthing that caused various problems, particularly if you were using the body as the earth return. We solved that with our patrol by fitting additional earthing straps between the battery, body and chassis. Later models (we now have a 2007 CRD) don't seem to have the same problem, but we have still fitted extra earthing between the body and chassis to assist the HF antenna.

Regards

John

time

Re: electrical problem info required
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »
If indeed it is an earthing problem, which it probably is, then running an extra battery cable from the body to the chassis like this picture from the Patrol 4X4 Forum will help.  I have done this mod (cost $12 for the cable from SCA) and have no earth issues anymore.