Author Topic: Easy C/Ts  (Read 3563 times)

Offline nuthermug

• Tent User
Easy C/Ts
« on: March 16, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »
Hi,
 I am looking to buy a c/t but I dont whant one that I have to mess around with poles anymore than I have to,  and not have to peg down,The only camper I can find is the Cameron easy concept range, the Spirit (no longer in production) I dont know of any others .

Does anyone know of any others I live in SA but for the right camper I would be happy to travel interstate.

Regards anothermug                                             

Offline davidy61

• Tent User
  • Jayco Poptop
Re: Easy C/Ts
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
Cameron have a new easy set up one, check out their web site.  Other than that, yo may have to go hard floor.

We have a Liberty hard floor, only pegs are for the awning, none for main part.  Not sure i would highly recommend unless you can weld and modify yourself to bring up to scratch.

We're in Adelaide.

2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2l V6 with 2" lift and other goodies

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »
Deluxe camper trailers http://www.deluxecamper.com.au/ are pretty easy to set up and have two double beds, they are very similar to the Trak Shak http://www.trakshak.com.au/, both are very easy to put up and have only a few poles.

Otherwise look at some hard floor (Cub, Liberty, Kimberly, Tvan) or wind up (Jayco, Coromal, Goldstream) campers.

There are also the off ground CT's such as Ultimate, Camprite etc.
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Mandrake

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Triple Vaxed and ready to go ANYWHERE ( please )
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 05:09:03 PM »
My site at the Wandin 4 X 4 show was directly opposite these guys http://www.farandwidecamperhire.com.au/ - They set up the main camper in about 5 minutes .. Hard floor flip over job - nicely made and looks the part -- Well worth a look !!

Cheers

Steve

Going back to basics - sort of ...

Offline nuthermug

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:06:22 PM »
Thanks David61
73Bubba and Mandrake, Idont really whant a hard floor, Just an off the side C/T. The Trackshak might be a bit steep,and the deluxcamper looks ok, Tommorow I am going to Adelaide to have a closer look at Cammeron,s easy set up I,ll see what happens.

Thanks for your trouble

Offline Slipus

• Tent User
  • Slip
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
After a lot of looking I decided on a Trackabout CT for just that reason.  It is so easy for me to put. I have some back probs and was concerned but I put this up and pull it down by myself with out any dramas, it only takes about 5 minutes. I was originally going to buy an extenda, but when I had a look at how easy the 9 ft tent top was to put up and down I chose that.  The quality of the product is also excellent.

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »
GO THE TRACKABOUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline mystq

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:53:56 PM »
GO THE TRACKABOUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO THE TAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
Eat Sleep Camp Repeat

Offline nuthermug

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »
Hi Slipus and Duggie,

I have looked at the Trackabout web site, but I cant see how it goe,s up " the same as all the others with poles and pegs or is it an easy set up like Cameron,s

ihave allso looked at the Tambo but it is "I think set up with poles and has to be pegged down.
The poles and pegs are to much of a pain when you are just staying for one night.

Offline Slipus

• Tent User
  • Slip
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »
The 9ft Trackabout tents have three tent bows.After you bring the tent bows up off the bed base you step inside the tent part and extent the third bow, then attach two internal posts, the two posts clip on to the third tent bow via "C" clips on the poles.  You can then put in a few pegs to hold the floor down if required. 

Offline nuthermug

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 04:08:38 PM »
Thanks Slipus it sounds simple enough, I like the tent pegs if required bit.

Offline Paul and Bern

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Living for Holidays
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »
 :D Have a look at the customline web site. I think it is the gallery (don't shoot me) there is a series of photos of a 9 footer being put up. We have a 12 footer and only peg the main room area down on longer or windier stays, otherwise it is only the annex that uses pegs.  I expect the Trackabout would be fairly similar in concept.
Otherwise if it is only for a couple or smaller family hard to beat a hard floor.
Paul
Can every day be made a public holiday?