Author Topic: The Random Question of the Day Thread...  (Read 319754 times)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: The Random Question of the Day Thread...
« Reply #275 on: December 02, 2018, 05:53:10 PM »
That there is the correct answer.
People are addicted to thinking they are missing out on something.
A few years ago on trip with Swaggers and club members,
We are in a long way from nowhere, and some were complaining about having no reception.
You numpties, that's the idea, we are getting away from the rest of the world,

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

Might have to rename the forum..

MYSWAG.org offroad camper and glamping forum...

Lets hope the hybrid mob dont want a mention as well... :cheers:

Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #276 on: December 02, 2018, 06:10:03 PM »
This may of been asked before, sorry if it has.
Ok,
I don't get it.
WTF do people take their phone to the toilet to have a Shit?
Me,
I have a job to do,
In, out, jobs done.
I don't need to communicate with anyone while taking a dump.
Some people are just screwed up.
Just saying.

I always take a book to the Shitter, so I don't have to talk to myself.

"The Case of the Talking Pie Crust" is getting a re-read this week.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2018, 06:58:37 PM »
I always take a book to the Shitter, so I don't have to talk to myself.

"The Case of the Talking Pie Crust" is getting a re-read this week.
A Book ?????
Christ, A strip from the Far Side os way to long for me.

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #278 on: December 03, 2018, 09:10:38 AM »
Question..

Why do drivers in Australia not have the ability to merge into traffic in any way shape or form...?? They wait until there is nothing on the horizon for at least 2kms before they even consider putting down the phone, laptop, coffee, newspaper and having a go.

Turning left onto a main 3 lane road, you can go once the inside lane is clear of traffic... Then work your way across the lanes if you *really* need to be in the right lane....
Try it sometime... you may save 4 hours on your 5 minute journey to buy a newspaper.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #279 on: December 03, 2018, 12:42:33 PM »
Like watching people at roadworks etc, no concept of a zip, life would be easy if people just let it go one by one.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #280 on: December 03, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »
Like watching people at roadworks etc, no concept of a zip, life would be easy if people just let it go one by one.

You can get ya ball bag caught merging at roadworks..... i'm ploughing straight ahead then.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2018, 07:53:31 AM »
I know that last (?) year, quite a few of us participated in the ABC Cancer Council study.

Has anybody else got an invite from them for a follow up study that involves wearing movement sensors for a week ???
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #282 on: December 19, 2018, 10:53:43 AM »
I know that last (?) year, quite a few of us participated in the ABC Cancer Council study.

Has anybody else got an invite from them for a follow up study that involves wearing movement sensors for a week ???

I have not heard anything from this mob .
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2019, 04:01:22 PM »
When did the world get so expensive ???

Thought of sending my 2 kids, sons girlfriend, and one of daughters friends to the water park at Geelong...

4 Teenagers - $180 as they go on height - not age! Brilliant decision by bean counters - for the park... not for teh humans.
Thats before food, and getting there. Surely thats 180 Yen?

https://www.adventurepark.com.au/tickets/
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2019, 04:10:10 PM »
Does Clive Palmer really think he's got a snowballs chance in hell of getting votes at the next election?
Billboards, tv ads etc. Surely people will remember the Nickel Refinery debacle?
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2019, 11:24:16 AM »
Does Clive Palmer really think he's got a snowballs chance in hell of getting votes at the next election?
Billboards, tv ads etc. Surely people will remember the Nickel Refinery debacle?
It gets better.....
Clive Palmer’s Weird and Bitter War Against Twisted Sister Rages On.

Palmer wants Peter Dutton to reject the frontman's visa, and has offered to sing his own version of the band's hit song for Australian audiences.

Here’s a quick timeline to get you up to speed. Towards the end of last year, Clive Palmer and his United Australia Party started rolling out a series of campaign ads soundtracked by a song that bore a striking resemblance to the Twisted Sister track—as reported by Fairfax. The only difference, it seemed, was that the lyrics had been changed from “We ain’t gonna take it” to “Australia ain’t gonna cop it”. So someone tweeted Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider to gauge how he felt about it all.

“No we do not endorse @PalmerUtdParty!” Snider tweeted back. “We are contacting our legal team to address this and if that doesn't work...I'LL BE DOWN UNDER IN THREE WEEKS TO DEAL WITH IT MYSELF!” The frontman is set to appear in Sydney and Melbourne for a series of spoken word gigs from January 31. Band manager and guitarist John “Jay Jay” French also weighed in, adding: "We have no idea who this guy is. This use is unauthorised, and we will do our best to stop it."

Audaciously, Palmer kicked back, claiming that he wrote the lyrics to the campaign ad himself and would therefore be prepared to counter-sue if the band launched any legal action against him—or if, for some reason, they chose to sing his version. "I wrote the words personally that appear on our promotion and hold the copyright for those words," he said. "If [Twisted Sister] attempt to use my lyrics in any of their songs, I'll not hesitate to take legal proceedings against them. As foreigners, they should stay out of Australian domestic politics and stay where they are. Aussies are not going to cop it at all!"

Days later, Snider retaliated: taking to Twitter to declare that Palmer and the United Australia Party “contacted my publishing company [Universal] about licensing the song (which means they were aware that they had to) were told the licensing fee … THEN WENT OFF AND RECORDED IT WITHOUT A LICENSE! They can’t even claim ignorance!”

Palmer launched another counter-attack, claiming in a post uploaded to the United Australia Party’s Facebook on Tuesday that Twisted Sister themselves swindled their track from an 18th century Christmas carol "O Come, All Ye Faithful".

Full article; https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/xwjba7/clive-palmers-weird-and-bitter-war-against-twisted-sister-rages-on

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2019, 01:57:10 PM »
Umm, yes he does. He's not stupid, just arrogant. He sprouts policies that he knows could never happen, but thats just to appeal to the few that cant think.
There will still be ones that will vote for him. We already have idiots in the various senates being elected on literally a handful of votes. Supposedly it reflects the electorates wishes, apparently.
Oh yeah, Clive is going to make Australia great again. Like the other buffoon he stole the catch phrase from, he's only there for one reason, and that aint us.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2019, 02:00:38 PM »
Quote from: glenm64
he's only there for one reason, and that aint us.

Can you list the ones that are there for us? Shouldnt take you more than a trillionth of a nano second to compile.. LMAO
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2019, 11:13:16 AM »
Why are all Australian Airports (well syd, bne, tulla, perth) so ****in poorly designed for pickup, drop off, waiting if the flight is delayed etc...

Dont get me started on the charges for parking on the captive audience....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2019, 11:42:58 AM »
You answered your own question. One word "greed"

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2019, 05:48:49 PM »
Hi,
    The Hobart airport is reached by driving down a few km of entrance road with turnoffs to what is now greenfield reserved for future developments.
Brilliant for waiting for a phone call to pickup an arriving passenger. It saved using paid parking, or waiting out on the highway.
Can't  have that can we? Way too convenient for the punters.
Now they are bollarded off so no access.
Bar stewards!
Cheers

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2019, 07:07:29 PM »
Why are all Australian Airports (well syd, bne, tulla, perth) so ****in poorly designed for pickup, drop off, waiting if the flight is delayed etc...

I agree with your comment regarding SYD but disagree with including BNE.
BNE is light years ahead over SYD. From the time you turn off either the Gateway motorway or Southern Cross drive you the proceed down a multilane road, get in the colour coded lane matching the sign colour, pull up at a designated colour Flag pole to meet your passenger. But if the passenger is delayed you can pull into the free 30 minute carpark. If you have more time to kill you can go to the food /servo outlet and wait or even do your grocery shopping at woollies or get some new clothes at DFO. Soon you will be able to buy a new car  from multiple dealers and most likely on a Sunday too as all the airport land is excised from QLD and Brisbane City Council control.
I got dropped off on Boxing Day morning , probably one of the busiest times and must say it was a breeze. I chose to fly into Newcastle rather than SYD on that trip as I figured it would be easier.

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2019, 08:11:34 PM »
At Tulla, if you have to wait for a delayed flight keep driving past the airport about 5km to the rest stop directly under the runway approach, you can usually get a good coffee there and get a good look at the planes coming in

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2019, 09:04:48 PM »
Tulla also has a free waiting area not far from the terminal.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Troopy greg

• Swag User
  • Old school troopy
« Reply #294 on: January 15, 2019, 09:52:48 PM »
Perth airport the long term car parks the first hour is free to use while waiting for pickup
Old school Troopy with lots of fruit now with a new lifestyle Breakaway ultra

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #295 on: January 15, 2019, 10:00:51 PM »
I agree with your comment regarding SYD but disagree with including BNE.
BNE is light years ahead over SYD. From the time you turn off either the Gateway motorway or Southern Cross drive you the proceed down a multilane road, get in the colour coded lane matching the sign colour, pull up at a designated colour Flag pole to meet your passenger. But if the passenger is delayed you can pull into the free 30 minute carpark. If you have more time to kill you can go to the food /servo outlet and wait or even do your grocery shopping at woollies or get some new clothes at DFO. Soon you will be able to buy a new car  from multiple dealers and most likely on a Sunday too as all the airport land is excised from QLD and Brisbane City Council control.
I got dropped off on Boxing Day morning , probably one of the busiest times and must say it was a breeze. I chose to fly into Newcastle rather than SYD on that trip as I figured it would be easier.
You forgot to mention the free parking at the Kingsford Smith Memorial right that the roundabout entry into the international terminal.
Or go past the domestic terminal and do some plane spotting from the free car park at the end of the runway.

Can’t even do a lap around the car parks in the center of the Sydney terminal anymore.... ::)

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2019, 11:12:25 PM »

It's just not the pick up or drop off, it's the airports in general. Compare them to anything else around the world and ours looks like a Shit hole western suburb compares to theirs.

Wifi that actually works, bars and designate smoking areas, terminals that resemble Chadstone shopping centre, designated couches for long delays, Singapore even has a free movie complex that shows the lates movies. Free if you have an 8 or more lay over.

Come to one of ours, you'll be lucky to get a stale sandwich for $18, a plastic moulded chair to try to sleep in and a 32k dial up modem for your wifi.

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #297 on: January 16, 2019, 10:34:43 AM »
Sydney you can do some free parking and plane spotting near the control tower
When you go into the airport instead of veering right to departures hook a hard left down the service road as if you are going to Krispy Creme donuts. Follow the service road around and there is a little car park near the control tower
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #298 on: January 16, 2019, 03:18:49 PM »
Quote from: SEADOO
Come to one of ours, you'll be lucky to get a stale sandwich for $18, a plastic moulded chair to try to sleep in and a 32k dial up modem for your wifi.
:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #299 on: January 18, 2019, 05:53:13 AM »
Does anyone remember, the old Gold Coast highway from Brisbane.

There was a spot, where, maybe around Pimpama, the old road ran up a hill and as the road swung around a left hand bend, a small church was perched on the high side with a cemetery behind it.

Once past there, the road swung right and back down the hill.

I've looked at google maps to try and decipher where the old road went, but its hard now after all these years.
I still remember, when the highway went through Beenleigh, as we would stop and get a loaf of bread at the bakery on the left.

I still remember, those great days at Burleigh Heads.
The old grey FE Holden Mum and Dad had, no air cond, no seat belts, not a lot of power out of the old sideplate motor, questionable handling and brakes, but Shit,it was a good ol jigger.

I was going through this yesterday, which got me thinking.....

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjhl6CPzPXfAhVVeH0KHRS0Ac0QFjAAegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FHave-you-seen-the-old-Gold-Coast-280745045301771%2F&usg=AOvVaw1cjZJMktpDZrjGO_m_BTaX
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:54:55 AM by Jeepers Creepers »