Author Topic: NRL 2018  (Read 32949 times)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: NRL 2018
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2018, 06:51:53 PM »
While I believe there wasn't much in the tackle, they can't be seen giving any preferential treatment, grand final coming up or not !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2018, 07:35:55 PM »
While I believe there wasn't much in the tackle, they can't be seen giving any preferential treatment, grand final coming up or not !!

They’re seen giving preferential treatment week in week out mate, Slater will play for sure. Maybe the karate kid should take in his captain as his defence lawyer, with the two together, they might even settle on the match result with the judge while they’re there  ;D
Myself, I don’t care if he does or doesn’t, following the rules he should be gone, but in saying that that, all I see is a great try saver.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2018, 09:38:57 AM »
Quote from: listo
...  all I see is a great try saver.
thats how I see it too... and they reckon AFL is going soft...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »
all I see is a great try saver.

That's the way I see it.  His shoulder may have made contact with him but so did the rest of the side of his body, torso, legs, hip etc. 

It is not the head on, lead with the shoulder hit, that is to inflict damage rather then try to tackle someone, that the NRL are trying to remove from the game.  A bit like leading with your head with your arm outstretched behind you body and blame the other bloke for moving into it and call it accidental.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2018, 08:58:53 PM »
Apparently he was found not guilty
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2018, 09:09:56 PM »
what will the outcome be? I bet it just so happens to be what coinsides with what brings the most attention/drama. Initially gets charged but then gets let off on appeal.

Told you so!

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2018, 09:12:45 PM »
That's the way I see it.  His shoulder may have made contact with him but so did the rest of the side of his body, torso, legs, hip etc. 

It is not the head on, lead with the shoulder hit, that is to inflict damage rather then try to tackle someone, that the NRL are trying to remove from the game.  A bit like leading with your head with your arm outstretched behind you body and blame the other bloke for moving into it and call it accidental.

Thats also the way I saw it.  A full on shoulder charge it certainly wasn,t.  Anyways...he,s free to play.   

Hope Storm win.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2018, 09:12:53 PM »
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/billy-slater-cleared-of-shoulder-charge-free-to-play-2018-nrl-grand-final/20a2b9e8-8443-46f5-a78f-7b148e221839
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2018, 05:04:07 AM »
Lucky it’s for a grand final and not an origin game, guaranteed a different result if it was... ;)

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2018, 06:41:28 AM »
Dunno mate. Bob Lindner was one of the committee members so I imagine he would stick up for the Qlder (fair)  side of things ;D

Offline silverfox1111

• Tent User
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2018, 08:41:24 AM »
He was never going to get done. He's the golden child.
Him & cameron smith have something over the NRL!
Did you see the look on smith's face when he got sin-binned this year? Priceless!!
Silverfox
Toyota hilux
Modcon ff1(no more)
Jayco swan outback

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2018, 09:14:24 AM »
I don't see what all the fuss is about.. Tackled him into touch - both got up and played on like any other normal tackle.

maybe they need to just close up and join these dudes http://touchfootball.com.au/

Golden child?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2018, 09:29:14 AM »
Did you see the look on smith's face when he got sin-binned this year? Priceless!!
Silverfox

really?

perhaps have another look at the multiple tackles which were the same or worse than what slater did... with no charges being laid...?

the conspiracy theories are laughable, at best...

the shoulder charge rule was not designed to stop players from being pushed into touch.  it was designed to stop head-on collisions.

and in any case, his arms were up and touching the player.  not even a clear cut shoulder charge, IMO...

if any blame is to be portioned, point it to the NRL for their inability to get rules in place that are clear cut (shoulder charge, obstruction, ball stripping)...

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2018, 09:53:21 AM »
Quote from: paceman
if any blame is to be portioned, point it to the NRL for their inability to get rules in place that are clear cut (shoulder charge, obstruction, ball stripping)...
all codes are guilty of this sort of Shit... they panic in rules without thinking them through just to be 'seen to be doing something'... AFL do it all the time as well.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2018, 12:57:49 PM »
Silverfox
How was he meant to handle the tackle, " excuse me Mr Feki but I'm not going to be happy if you put the ball down there, would you mind putting it on that side of the line over there", he should never have been charged in the first place.

More like "tall poppy syndrome" think their record shows they are two of the greats of the modern game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2018, 06:49:17 AM »
Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has taken out the Dally M Medal, before an impromptu haka performed in his honour stole the show at the gala event in Sydney.

Watched his team mates do the Haka after he was awarded the prize. Very moving stuff.   Its all about respect...its just a pity that there are a hell of a lot of rugby players that need to grow up and respect the fans and community they live in that help them become senior players.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!
The following users thanked this post: grmas1

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2018, 09:26:44 PM »
Go the Chickens :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »
Go the Chickens :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

A master class in game control. Congratulations to the Cocks.
Poor Billy couldn't milk a penalty tonight, not through lack of trying.

Go the Tigers next year, oh well got to be hopeful

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2018, 11:23:08 PM »
Putting an injured player on the field makes a mockery of the whole NRL and looking after the players.  Why worry about rules at all.  Is there such a thing as Duty of Care to the Players.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:47:38 PM by alnjan »
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »
Quote from: alnjan
Is there such a thing as Duty of Care to the Players.
Players have played with injuries since the dawn of time... broken ribs, shoulder injuries, broken arms etc etc..
quick jab and away you go.

my personal thoughts on concussion type injuries - in any form of footy - if your knocked out it should be automatically 1 week on the sideline as a minimum.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

KingBilly

« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »
my personal thoughts on concussion type injuries - in any form of footy - if your knocked out it should be automatically 1 week on the sideline as a minimum.

Pluck me Bruce, I finally found something to agree with on  :cheers:

KB

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2018, 10:31:17 AM »
Players have played with injuries since the dawn of time... broken ribs, shoulder injuries, broken arms etc etc..

I know it's happened in the past, who can forget Mal playing with a cast.  I guess Insurance companies haven't caught up with the NRL with regard to compensation.  Still why have a medical to be considered fit to play when your not. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2018, 11:55:26 AM »

I was listening to a woman speaking on the ABC about concussion in sport. AFL commissioned a report and completely covered it up ensuring it was not given out. Pretty damning about head injuries. As she said...in boxing a concussion is normally a one month absence from the ring.  Many players in America now are feeling the effects of concussion with memory loss and other neurological disorders.

Once again ...money first--players welfare second!    Any concussion should see a player side lined for at least a month. Some of the info and stats this woman doctor stated was alarming.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2018, 02:19:25 PM »
Quote from: Bigfish
Many players in America now are feeling the effects of concussion with memory loss and other neurological disorders.

Money will always win...

New findings from a study on the crippling brain disease Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE), which is linked to individuals who sustain repeated blows to the head or who are subject to repetitive brain trauma, showed that nearly every former NFL player's brain examined during research revealed evidence of CTE.

The findings released Tuesday were part of a study conducted by two leading medical institutions devoted to CTE research — the VA Boston Healthcare System and Boston University School of Medicine — and the results concluded that of 111 NFL players' brains that were donated to science after the players' deaths, 110 (99%) were found to have CTE. The disease currently can only be diagnosed post-mortem.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/new-study-finds-nfl-player-suffers-cte-article-1.3355228
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2018, 02:29:19 PM »
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/reports-blake-ferguson-played-second-half-with-broken-bone-in-leg-20181001-p5071w.html

There was more than one heroic injury story coming from the Roosters after the grand final, with winger Blake Ferguson playing the bulk of the second half with a break in his fibula.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home