Author Topic: Central Coast Campers ???  (Read 2184 times)

Offline danno76

• Learning the Ropes
Central Coast Campers ???
« on: February 25, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »
Hey Guys,
Anybody have any feedback on Central Coast Campers. I recently saw them @ the Newcastle caravan & Camping show. They look really well made and value for $$ seems pretty good too. Looking @ the walk up model. Was also looking at the customeline walk up, but was a little unimpressed by the finish on the trailer. The guy (Terry) seemed pretty helpful too.
Any feedback would be much appreciated

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Central Coast Campers ???
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 03:35:08 PM »
Can't give you 1 st hand experience, but I've only heard good things about them.....his canvas work is supposed to be very good ( thats all he used to do.....used to be called Central  Coast Canvas )

I believe his trailers are made on the coast....can't remember who by, if you do a bit of googling, you may find out more  !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Jon

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Bringing rain to every campsite
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »
Mate of mine has the walk up version in a 12' tent.
He is very happy with the CT. First couple of trips had some ugly weather, canvas stood up well.
Trailer is very solid.
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Offline Withy

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
danno76,

We did price this up last year at the Rosehill show and optioned up it was real close (about $1500 difference) to a Complete Campsite Jabiru(pretti good trailer excellent finish ).

Unfortunately can't comment on Central Coast Campers,Jon has some good comments.

Good luck with what ever you may purchase.

Mike
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 70th Anniversary 3.0 CRD, 2012 JK Unlimited Wrangler CRD,Complete Campsite Kakadu 13ft

Offline Proudy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
My first camper trailer was from Central Coast Campers. I can highly recommend them we had plenty of good trips away. Terry the owner used to do the canvas work for complete campsite in there early days. Only reason for selling it was we out grew it.
Landcruiser 76 with lots of fruit

Offline wholehog

• "Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 06:37:57 AM »
Although i dont have one i did have one on my short list before purchasing an All Terrain Camper
A friend of mine has one of his tents atop of his own trailer and is very impressed with it...
I dropped into the factory at Charmhaven to check them out and found the owner very helpful and his work was very good...as far as i could tell....All Aussie canvas and localally built trailers :cheers: