Author Topic: The best outhouse  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Kman

• Swag User
    • Camper Trailer Rental
The best outhouse
« on: October 11, 2011, 07:46:52 PM »
Where is this thread gonna go you ask yourself. Well, I had much better ideas for a thread title but thought I'd better keep it clean.

That is just how I want to keep my campsite, so am in the market for a portable toilet, I remember when I was a kid my parents had one with a foot actuated flusher, it was a good unit, haven't seen one since and every toilet seems to have a flimsy hand operated push flush near the back of the seat that just does not look like it is going to last the test of time.

I see the shops sell them new from anywhere between $60 to $400. My crack is not that important, but don't want a crap one (excuse the pun)

What does everyone use and/or what do you recommend?
Complete Campsite Nomad and Mitsi Triton

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: The best outhouse
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:36:13 AM »
It really depend what you want your crack to sit on and how you want to 'dispose' of the 'goods'!

For us we found Jimmy's Thunderbox was ideal as it packs up flat, and the supplied bags are fully biodegradable so at the end of the weekend just one deep hole can be dug and the bag buried.

Offline earle

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: The best outhouse
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:07 AM »
Apparently the better ones have a piston style hand pump which should last longer then the bellows style pump that a lot have. Having said that I have an oztrail cheapy with bellows pump that is working well so far and I have seen replacement bellows pumps at BCF if the need ever arises.