Author Topic: Have you ever????  (Read 7078 times)

Offline lockyer

• Swag User
Re: Have you ever????
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »
Well we been lucky with our campertrailer but....

while heading off for a long weekend with it and approx 2 hours from home, the little lady went a very pale colour which had me very worry and asking whats wrong...she replied "I don't know if Iturned the iron off".
So after thinking and talking about it for 5 min's, we headed home to find the iron was turned off. So today we have spare key's for the house with two neighbours, with all there contact details in our phones... ;D

Offline carinya

• Tent User
  • Nothing $30 million wouldn't fix
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »
Not towing or anything, but ages ago I drove the old HZ ute from Augathella half way to Morven in second gear.  The 202 with the tri matic was a bit overdone, and we only noticed it 'cause the "boiling " light was starting to flicker a bit, even though it was a frosty morning. Old  utes with sloppy transmissions eh ?    Can't kill a red motor.
MK Triton Dual Cab.
Cheap gal trailer with some stuff added.

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »
I was wondering why my old GQ was bogging down in the sand while driving out of the Jardine River the other day, it wasn't until the old girl stopped completely that I realised I had released the trailer hand brake.
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline @fnq4now

• Tent User
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »
Drove down to the creek with the tinnie on, reversed down to the creek, & Yep.  There goes the boat and trailer into the drink ???
"The problem with common sense is that it's just not very common."

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »
by carinya
Can't kill a red motor.

'specially the 202  :)
Bob and Robyn

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »
I have to own up to not locking the ball on. Lucky it fell of just coming out the driveway.

i've done that with my work trailer once before, except i drove to my brothers place about 10 minutes away with it like that. as i hit his gutter reversing into his driveway, the trailer popped off and landed on the ground, luckily the chain held it from going anywhere  :-[ :-[
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline DX grunt

• Tent User
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 07:36:09 AM »
I was that cold one morning doing the pre drive oil check that when I was putting the dipstick back in, I flexed it enough that it arked on the battery and set the oil on it alight.  I sheet myself!
Nissan Patrol ute - ex Telstra - pod has heaps of 'glamping equipment', but not enough to be overloaded.