Author Topic: The tightarse thread  (Read 29038 times)

Offline heath74

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: The tightarse thread
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2014, 08:05:28 PM »
I used to work with a bloke that drove a crappy little hatch, he had a 20l jerry behind each seat, and when petrol went up, he just poured them in the tank, of course he stank of petrol.

He would also bring his washing in to do in the company washing machine, using the company soap of course.

Offline MrsRenno

• Swag User
  • Camping, the original social networking.
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2014, 11:44:08 AM »
My dad used to work for a company where the owner had built the company up from the ground and became quite wealthy. The owner had a multi million dollar waterfront place overlooking the ocean in Sydney. Kept the heavy drapes drawn on the windows  because he didn't want the sun to fade the carpet!
Sharon, Shaun & Ryan

2009 Toyota Landcruiser
2019 Mountain Trail LXV 5.7

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »
I currently work with a lady who brings everything into work that she has that is rechargeable and charges at out the back so she doesn't pay for the power at home..

One morning there was 2 x mobile phones, a set of hair clippers, camera battery, drill battery, rechargeable work light, 12 AA rechargeable batteries and 2 x Colman camp lights.
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline Mallory Black

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2014, 05:42:01 PM »
 Notable Tightarses

Ingvar Kamprad, who  founded IKEA, gets around in an old Volvo (what else) recycles teabags and eats the cheap meatballs at his restaurant/cafes.

Hetty Green- the Witch of wall street, worth zillions, once scoured her carriage for half a night looking for a 2 cent stamp

Michealangelo- slept in his boots, ate crap but was worth more than the Pope of the day

There's no bigger tightarse than J Paul Getty. At the time the world's richest private citizen
Worth 2 Billion
tight as a fish's arse
Absolutely refused to even think about paying a ransom of $17 mill (yes it's a lot but is 0.85% of his wealth) when his grandson was kidnapped so the kid got his ear lopped AND THEN the old man talked his captors down to 2.2 million
1998 3.4V6 Prado & homebuilt rear fold soft floor

Offline MrsRenno

• Swag User
  • Camping, the original social networking.
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2014, 09:15:14 PM »

There's no bigger tightarse than J Paul Getty. At the time the world's richest private citizen
Worth 2 Billion
tight as a fish's arse
Absolutely refused to even think about paying a ransom of $17 mill (yes it's a lot but is 0.85% of his wealth) when his grandson was kidnapped so the kid got his ear lopped AND THEN the old man talked his captors down to 2.2 million
There's a big difference between "tightarse" and "mean"...
Sharon, Shaun & Ryan

2009 Toyota Landcruiser
2019 Mountain Trail LXV 5.7

Offline Ynot

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Tony. Prado 150 GXL, Coromal 632RTP
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2014, 10:10:08 PM »
I worked for a mining contractor once and I went into head office to pick some stuff up to take back to site and the owners wife was weighing a teaspoon of coffee out of a large tin of international roast. I asked her what she was doing and she told me that she want to know how many cups of coffee were in a tin because if each person has two cups per day the the tin will last for ten days and they aren't getting anymore than that!
I ordered a box of staples once for the site office and on the next delivery came two little rows of staples in a envelope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?  (Homer J Simpson).

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2014, 06:12:55 AM »
When the Qantas Club first opened and there was no requirement to fly to use the facilities I worked with a guy (single) who lived in Queanbeyan.  Every evening he would call into the Canberra airport - have a few drinks - have a meal at Qantas expense - watch the 7pm ABC news and then drive home. Very put out when they changed the rules so that you had to produce a current boarding pass.

Even if there was no requirement to fly with the parking fees at most airports it would be cheaper to buy your own nowadays
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:16:09 AM by Garfish »
Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2014, 06:50:29 AM »
started this new job and after a couple of weeks at work one friday arvo i got to knock off 1/2 hour early as the boss was putting on drinks and bbq, I thought this was not a bad place to work until i got my next pay slip, I thought it was a bit strange to be docked for the 1/2 hour I knocked off early but to be deducted for the drinks and the feed made me decide i wont partake in any more bbq's
2004 Jayco Eagle Outback - 1999 Toyota Prado Snowy

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2014, 07:50:10 AM »
l know a bloke that's so tight that once he dropped a 5c piece as he bent down to pick it up . lt hit him on the back of the head  8)
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2019, 03:51:01 PM »
started this new job and after a couple of weeks at work one friday arvo i got to knock off 1/2 hour early as the boss was putting on drinks and bbq, I thought this was not a bad place to work until i got my next pay slip, I thought it was a bit strange to be docked for the 1/2 hour I knocked off early but to be deducted for the drinks and the feed made me decide i wont partake in any more bbq's
You win!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2019, 05:44:35 PM »
You win!
You bored Bird, trolling through old posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2019, 07:56:36 PM »
Our works loading dock got a non commercial automatic washer dryer early this year .. No more industrial laundry deliveries ..
Bloody place looks like a Reffo camp now ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "