Author Topic: The tightarse thread  (Read 28965 times)

Offline pommiedic

• Tent User
Re: The tightarse thread
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2011, 08:26:10 AM »
A bloke at our place showers every day after work.  We finish at 15:30, he blows up if a job runs over and we are not back in the the yard to shower in works time. 

After showering, he fills up a 10 litre container of filtered water and a small esky of ice.

He is also known to take teabags, coffee, biscuits and sugar, yet is the first to complain if we run out of anything.
Why is the 1st Tea of the day the best?

Offline barneys

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • vegetarian old indian word meaning bad hunter
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
i know a person that when he wants to make a call to a Mobile  they will ring a family member that works on a swictch board they wood ring them and the other number and put them on a party line until they finshed the call no cost to them  it is the  famly company
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 08:14:26 PM by barneys »

Offline JRF1973

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
I know a bloke that had to pay $20 / year to register his dog.  The dog died after 6 months, so he argued with the council about getting his $10 back.  Of course he got nowhere - so now that he has another dog, he sent them $10 with a note to say - this is for the new dog - less the $10 you owe me !!!

Offline Vince

• Tent User
    • Central Coast 4WD Club
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2011, 06:52:01 PM »
I know a bloke that had to pay $20 / year to register his dog.  The dog died after 6 months, so he argued with the council about getting his $10 back.  Of course he got nowhere - so now that he has another dog, he sent them $10 with a note to say - this is for the new dog - less the $10 you owe me !!!

now that is a good one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline MC 031

• Tent User
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2011, 07:10:43 PM »
I agree JRF...that is a good comeback.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:13:41 PM by MC 031 »

Offline davo69 and the Nurse

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • '07 Trackabout 4x4 Deluxe Tourer
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »

I like it!
get DIRTY

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
My Grandfather owned some flats for a while and one of the flats had a leaking toilet that was spilling onto the floor.

Rather than replace the washer in cistern, he spent a day in the shed soldering up a funnel out of an old jam tin, hooked to a length of hose and a few bits of wire. The funnel was then wired under the leak, a hole was punched through the wall and the hose run outside and into another hole punched into the down pipe.

My Dad fixed it later for the grand total of $2 for a rubber washer... and a few hundred for a new downpipe and 2 sheets of fibro to repair the wall.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:45:01 PM by Hoyks »

Offline Lowndsey

• Tent User
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »
I once got an engraved pen for Christmas from my sister and her husband. Problem was that it was engraved with someone elses name...

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »
Our end of year christmas party/break up consists of everyone coming back to the warehouse for meat on the spit, beer, salads, beer, around 60kg of prawns, beer and I think I forgot something.......    oh yeah beer ;D

One of the office ladies in her late '50s makes up a plate for her hubby and takes it + a 6 pack and half a handbag of prawns home. We would be standing there and she wears a path in the floor with the trip back and forth from the warehouse to her stash at her desk. we have run out of beer because of her :'(

It is now a standing joke that any left over food from monthly barbies, Melbourne Cup parties etc is hidden so we can have leftovers the next day.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »
I was given a Visa gift card and after buying some stuff it had $3.31 left on it. Not wanting to let $$ go to waste, I was trying to think of how I could spend it. eBay and paypal to the rescue. I was able to add the card to my paypal and used it to buy some USB cables and a card reader. $2.31 for 2 USB cables delivered and $1 delivered for the USB SDHC card reader :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2014, 11:16:08 PM »
new a bloke that would lean your empty coke bottle upside down then drink what was in the lid
That's sad!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hendo66

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2014, 11:51:46 PM »
The guys at work reckon I have never bought a carton of beer (which is bullShit) and they call me TRex cause they reckon my arms are too short and can't reach into my pockets. I just laugh and tell them to get another carton, they usually do. Winning :)

Offline Terry W4

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Retired - loving every minute of it
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2014, 10:16:05 AM »
When the Qantas Club first opened and there was no requirement to fly to use the facilities I worked with a guy (single) who lived in Queanbeyan.  Every evening he would call into the Canberra airport - have a few drinks - have a meal at Qantas expense - watch the 7pm ABC news and then drive home. Very put out when they changed the rules so that you had to produce a current boarding pass.
Terry - Canberra ACT
2008 Prado 120 D4D and 2009 Swan Outback
Blog Travels with Terry: https://terrywalls.wordpress.com

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2014, 10:22:13 AM »
A concreter that I did some work for used to race to the site dunny when it was delivered to get the toilet paper and take it home  ??? And it was shyte paper anyway
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline 666Glenn

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »
When I was a apprentice .( Fitter / Turner ) Many years ago .
When you were machining on the lathe and you chipped a tip on the lathe, you would normally just change the insert and continue machining on.
Not my old boss he would make me sharpen them on the green wheel on the bench grinder.

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »
When I worked at BHP Port Kembla the migrants used to take a litre of marking paint home each day and use it to paint there houses, this paint was specific to BHP and was Kembla blue, green,yellow etc...and was matt finish.One bright spark started taking paint home from the paint line and after he had about 10 litres he painted his house. 2 weeks later the paint was still wet and he couldn't work out why until we told him that he had used baked enamel paint, took him months to get it all off.

Ha Ha i remember this my father was at BHP newcastle and one year the exterior of our house got painted in what he called prescott blue named after the MD at the time
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Aaron Schubert

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • 4WDing Australia
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2014, 12:17:54 PM »
This thread is priceless. I'm a miser, but I do try to be reasonable!

Aaron
My Isuzu Dmax

Check out my blog at 4WDing Australia

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2014, 12:31:38 PM »
If you need any more info on this Google 'Tight Arses' There is heaps of stuff  8)
I did that, but the admin chick wasn't impressed when she walked past... .
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Mallory Black

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2014, 12:59:35 PM »
When we do our Fraser trips I get super anal on weight and space.
One trip I had rationed the drinks to a certain amount per night only problem was I thought we were doing 6 nights, it was actually 7.  Mrs B was not impressed when that last bottle of wine was not there.... on the last night.........
1998 3.4V6 Prado & homebuilt rear fold soft floor

Offline lindamc

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Woodsies Photography
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2014, 01:15:59 PM »
my family does kris kringle for christmas and in the past I have been known to make presents instead of buying them ...yes this sounds reasonable ...unless you are the recipient of my gumnut creations or paintings. :).  there was always a groan when someone got my name pulled out!   since those days a new rule came in where you had to soend a minimum amount for the kris kringle present!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Linda & Kristin
Prado & Aussie jay camper
Melbourne

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2014, 01:54:10 PM »
My dad still has almost every piece of off cut timber from any project as you never know when you'll need a piece that size. Good luck finding the piece that size in his piles of timber.  We have tongue and groove ceilings in the extension as the squash courts were replacing their floor when dad was doing the ceiling. He would also cut open the shaving cream and tooth paste to make sure you got it all out.  But wasn't as bad as the tight arses on TV the other day when he would walk around to all the tables and ask for their left overs so he could take them home. Yes asking strangers for their half eaten food is going to far in book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »
My dad still has almost every piece of off cut timber from any project as you never know when you'll need a piece that size. Good luck finding the piece that size in his piles of timber.  We have tongue and groove ceilings in the extension as the squash courts were replacing their floor when dad was doing the ceiling. He would also cut open the shaving cream and tooth paste to make sure you got it all out.  But wasn't as bad as the tight arses on TV the other day when he would walk around to all the tables and ask for their left overs so he could take them home. Yes asking strangers for their half eaten food is going to far in book
did you see the one that was picking up food out of bins, and taking it home... then had her friend come over, with his new girlfriend to impress her, and they were fed bin food...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
I wouldnt say dad was a tight arse, but he was very frugal man with anything he did, if there was a way to make something from something else he would, one of the most prized possesions he had was the first Dollar note he ever got paid after the currency change over ... Now he is gone and its safely put away .. though not mint condition its one of the first issue  Australian dollar notes ... so should be worth a lot more than a dollar..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2014, 05:46:31 PM »
I have heard of one of our plant managers totalling up the lineal metres of off cuts and charging the staff member for it. Just a bag full only good for a 3 minute fire and charged him a few dollars. He would have put them in the bin and would have been charged to dispose of it!

Sent from somewhere on something with that tap thing

SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »
A Ford dealership I worked at once,  you had to sign for any rags you got and if you didnt return them to get another they docked your pay 50c for each one ... Part of the apprentices mechanics duties were to wash the used rags in an old washing machine behind the workshop .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "