Author Topic: Cub Frontier Query  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Ozemu

• Learning the Ropes
Cub Frontier Query
« on: March 27, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »
Gday All,

Heavily in the market for a camper. Have decided on the Cub Frontier (2019-2020) and pretty much looking for reasons not to buy one at this point - due diligence I call it.

I have not come to this forum soliciting opinions on why I should not get one, I am capable of forming my own opinion based on research and gathered information.

What I am asking is why, in this forums opinion, is there such a lack of information about the Frontier to be found here  (or many other forums)?

Is it because they are considered too expensive? Not fit for purpose? Not enough of them around? I am curious as to why they seem (emphasis) to not be on more peoples radar.

Cheers

Oz

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Cub Frontier Query
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »
I contemplated a Frontier but after researching for about 6 months I ended up with an Austrack Telegraph X..Second hand $17000 , used once and with many extras. It can also carry a boat, outboard and portable trailer.  The Frontier sounded great but with comparisons I decided it was just too expensive for what it was. Undoubtedly good quality but at a premium price.  If I was going to be using it for 3-4 months solid every year then yes..I may have seen the value. I,d go for a hybrid for the same price.  If you could find a second hand one at a reasonable price it would be good.  It will be interesting to see if this virus issue also sees the market have a lot more for sale due to people losing their jobs.  The GFC saw some real bargains. Its unfortunate for some but fortunate for others..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!
The following users thanked this post: Ozemu

Offline Mitch92

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 09:23:28 PM »
Personally, I believe money would be one of the big reasons. They're good quality, but they're 10-15k more than most other forward folds. Can get most chinese ones for 20-25k with heaps of extras, full awnings etc.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 10:13:48 PM »
I have not come to this forum soliciting opinions on why I should not get one,

That's fine, & no arguments! ;D, but a [/lot/] of people would strongly suggest that you hang off buying any new toys for a "few" months ???, as it's quite very extremely likely that prices on a lot of gear are going to drop through the floor due to over-supply, & lack of demand!

Good luck with whatever you get!

Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Ozemu

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 09:15:13 AM »
I contemplated a Frontier but after researching for about 6 months I ended up with an Austrack Telegraph X..Second hand $17000 , used once and

They are definitely expensive. You would have to be very wealthy or mad to buy right now I think but some people will be making a killing in all sorts of markets.

The plan for me is a lap in three years, so whatever I get will be our permanent home. The research continues...

Offline Ozemu

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 09:18:44 AM »
That's fine, & no arguments! ;D,

It's a fine line between seeking assistance and seeming arrogant isn't it?  ;D
Just didn't want the post to descend into a mire of complaints about various brands / makes / models etc, i am quite capable of arguing with myself about that!  :cup:

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »
They are definitely expensive. You would have to be very wealthy or mad to buy right now I think but some people will be making a killing in all sorts of markets.

The plan for me is a lap in three years, so whatever I get will be our permanent home. The research continues...

If its going to be a permanent home...I,d definitely go hybrid.  Heaps easier than setting up all the time..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Trev-p

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 11:24:52 PM »
We've spent many hours going through the market for a extended big lap in 3 year.
Requirements are 2 Adults and 2 kids 8yo and 6yo at departure date.

The Frontier was high on the list......until we spoke to the staff at CuB.
They pointed out a obvious point we had been missing and that was with the couch set up as a bed
there was very limited available storage room for clothes etc in the Frontier.

They suggested most families are much better suited to the cavern of space that is the Longreach with a tallboy added.

Basically they suggested the Frontier is for couples or families that like to stay put for a week or so. Not sure what your circumstances are.

This might have some effect on why information is scarce as couples would generally go the smaller CuB Brumby and families would go the Longreach.

So now we have 2 on the top of the list The Longreach and the WA made Camprite with bunks.

Trev