Author Topic: Telescopic aluminium table legs  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Onion

• Tent User
    • Open-AudIT
Telescopic aluminium table legs
« on: May 23, 2020, 04:09:58 PM »
Hi All,

I'm looking for a set of legs I can attach to a table that will telescope out 10 to 20cm. They have to fold flat, pull out to 90deg, and then extend. They don't need to support more than (say) 20kg. If you've seen Drifta's camp tables, something like that. I have an idea I'm wanting to pursue and the legs must be telescopic - but I only need them to be 100-120cm in total height. Any idea's? Oh - and for as cheap as possible for bonus points! It's just an idea so I don't want anything gold plated...

Onion.

Trackabout owner.

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
Re: Telescopic aluminium table legs
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 11:03:49 AM »
I used a couple of old tent poles on a side table [for the tug]. Attached to the table top with U bolts - but you could use Aluminium channel.

Regards

Hem

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 11:12:42 AM by HEM19X »
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Onion

• Tent User
    • Open-AudIT
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 01:57:27 PM »
This may be an option. Just gotta work out how to make them either hinge closed, or be able to remove and attach them... Thanks 👍
I used a couple of old tent poles on a side table [for the tug]. Attached to the table top with U bolts - but you could use Aluminium channel.

Regards

Hem
Trackabout owner.

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 03:10:46 PM »
I did the same as Hem. To hinge then I just mounted a u shaped bracket and put a bolt in to work as a hinge.
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 07:54:53 PM »
I shortened a set of normal tent poles to fit in my little mini-trailer. But I only needed to take 50mm or so off the total length.
Just knocked the plastic ends out, cut to required length and used a centre punch to lock the plastic ends back in 

Might be worth flicking Supapeg an inquiry and see if they can do a set of custom shorter poles for table height cheaper then buying a set of full length poles and cutting them down.

https://supapeg.com.au/custom-made-poles-2/

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 02:03:06 PM »
I did the same as Hem. To hinge then I just mounted a u shaped bracket and put a bolt in to work as a hinge.

That's all I did also..If you wanted to have it "free standing", you could use a 2nd U bracket & set it at 90 degrees to the one bolted to the table.

Hard to see but in pic 2 the table [with legs] folded un & slid into the space above the fridge.

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]