Author Topic: A very belated hello  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Dickyticker

• Learning the Ropes
A very belated hello
« on: May 17, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »
I feel somewhat embarrassed that it's taken almost 2 years to say g'day. I suppose it feels a bit like standing up in front of the AA group (not that I've been there). So here goes,
Hello everyone my name is Richard, aka Dickyticker, more on that another day.
Joined the forum in 2012 and have been absolutely, positively educated by the wealth of knowledge and friendly nature of the other members.
We have a 1998 Landcruiser 105 petrol and a Heavysew soft floor camper. Both have had numerous mods, particularly in the last 2 years after researching info available on this forum. Yep I got jealous of everyone else's setup and decided to improve the good setup we already had. Now I just need to learn how to upload some pics, I know you lot like that stuff :)
We have been on many a camping trip, the biggest being Cape York June/July last year. Most recent trip was western NSW and south into Vic over Easter this year.
Looking forward to sharing our travels and stories with like minded people.
Cheers, Richard

Offline RobM

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: A very belated hello
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 06:34:09 PM »
G'Day Richard,
A whole hour without someone coming back to say welcome so I thought I would be the first.
I can see me typing the same as your open sentence on another forum I joined after buying a Tvan at Easter.
No need to tell you it is a pretty good forum  ;D

Cheers
Rob

KingBilly

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »
Welcome to myswag Richard.  So glad you have decided to join in the discussions on here.  Look forward to reading of your adventures.

Happy camping
KB

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 06:57:02 PM »
Welcome to MySwag Richard, never too late to come out from under the camper, Speewa does occasionally too, sometimes too much

GG

Offline Dickyticker

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 08:27:16 PM »
Thanks RobM, KingBilly and GGPatrol. Getting photos organized now to upload showing off our setup and holidays. Love this country and this forum. Cheers

Offline Wazza2

• Tent User
  • Campfires rule!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »
Welcome at last big bro'. I'm sure you'll love it here. Plenty of swaggers will enjoy hearing about your mods and travels too.

Just to prove you aren't fibbing re Cape York, here's a pic of the very well equipped cruiser of yours testing the bridge at Cypress Ck.

scarps

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 07:19:20 PM »
Welcome Richard & Co, great to have you onboard.
Looking to hearing more about about your rig and trips.

Offline Dickyticker

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 09:16:47 PM »
Thanks Wazza2 and Scarps.
Cruiser looks all dirty in that one.
Remember this one wazza, first day on the beach and had to get the shovel out. So much fun.
Cheers