Author Topic: The CUB CLUB  (Read 261352 times)

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
Re: The CUB CLUB
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2013, 11:51:06 AM »
Today l have joined the " Cub Club " 2011 Cub Escape will be collected  tomorrow......

:worthles:
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline fabulous

• Tent User
« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2013, 12:41:43 PM »
bout time Jamie.
Our Camper

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=5261.0

Our Patrol

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=10214.msg152303#msg152303

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #252 on: March 09, 2013, 06:50:06 AM »
The Cub followed me home from Geelong & wants to stay , l parked in the back yard & told it to be good & l will let it   :cup:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline thepauly

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I've been a myswag follower devotee for a while.  Really appreciate the excellent info.  Recently we purchased a 2009 Spacematic Regal so I figured it was time to join the 'Club'.  We've used it twice over the summer when we could avoid the torrents of rain! Looking forward to getting out when it fines up.

I was interested in Kirwilli's comment yesterday  "Had an problem with one of the indicators on the Cub, Rang Ross in Sydney, service person came on phone and advised on fixing the problem, problem solved, great service."

I have a problem with one LEd indicator working intermittently. Can you tell me how you fixed it Kirwilli?  Is this a fault that CUB knows about but haven't rectified?
Cheers,
Paul

Offline kirwilli

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2013, 12:32:15 PM »
Hello Paul it was a basic problem with the 7 pin connection on the trailer. I just prised open the one of outer pins with a screwdriver . Not sure why it would close up and lose contact. Basic electrical problem I suppose.

Kirwilli

Offline corynmelnkids

• Tent User
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
I was having that problem with our last camper so i solved the problem by changing the end from the flat type to the h/duty round type.
Havent had the issue since i changed.
2003 Toyota Prado Turbo dsl
Cub Supamatic Escape Offroad
Stacer 349 Cartopper with a Suzuki 5hp 4 stroke
All set now for a big trip just need the money
and time off work.

Offline thepauly

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2013, 09:52:35 PM »
Thanks Kirwilli and Corynmelnkids. I'll change to 7 pin round and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Offline Wazza2

• Tent User
  • Campfires rule!
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2013, 09:54:25 PM »
Doh! After stuffing around numerous time trying to find a spot to store the fibreglass poles off the OEM tropical roof, realised today the simple answer.

We could simply tuck them into the ct lengthways before you close it that last few inches. They fit quite neatly down the right hand side of the Supamatic, snug inside the canvas that's all folded together upon closing. Hooray for that!

Offline Streety

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2013, 11:22:43 PM »
our cub behind the new rig, had the cub for 12 months and done about 5 trips so far with a few more to come this year.

MY10 NT Pajero and 2006 Cub Supermatic Escape
a few EVO's and Excel cup car

Offline mumbo

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2013, 04:35:46 PM »
Dear Kirwilli

I am new to this site, and am still looking to purchase a camper - we have one that we would like to buy, a Spacematic Regal with Transcontinental Pack but partner is concerned with it not being a full off road model.  What is the limit of off roading you have done with yours so far?  Hope you can offer some info.  Thanks ;D

Offline kirwilli

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »
Hello Mumbo, I have driven around 300 km on dirt roads whilst traveling.  I tow with a BT50 4X4.  I have had no trouble so far. My main concern was the electricals and plumbing underneath.  I fitted extra protection, half inch water hose around all electrical cables and an extra layer of flexible hosing to the water hoses.  I also coated the whole underneath with a tar paint as I'm not sure how CUB protect the flooring. It tows well on rough surfaces but thinking about a treg hitch, I think that is what you call them. Ground clearance is almost the same as my BT50, so if the Mazda can take it the trailer follows. Hope that helps some, as off road to one person is just a Sunday drive to another.

Kirwilli

Offline mumbo

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2013, 01:38:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  We bit the bullet and bought the camper - looking forward to getting it home and having a closer look.  Will keep you posted   :cheers:

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2013, 11:07:18 AM »
The Cub followed me home from Geelong & wants to stay , l parked in the back yard & told it to be good & l will let it   :cup:

Have we seen any pics of the new steed yet Jamie

:worthles:

GG

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2013, 07:16:33 PM »
As the rain tumbled down today decided to ventur out of the serinity to Melb , off to Cub . Rang to enquire about a few bits & peices , cost etc . They rang back with the info we wanted, on we went . When we arrived top gather up the goods we were told the gear wasnt there only had a quicki look , but didnt check . Uped the price  that was quoted over the phone that morning . They even got the measurements wrong on the specs of the C T .
Must have struck the work experance bloke that drew the short straw so everybody else could go to the pub .
We left there very confused & off to buy our gear somewhere else . CUB great gear , bloke in store saddly lacking        :'(
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline fabulous

• Tent User
« Reply #264 on: May 30, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
I haven't found that. I called a couple of weeks ago about part numbers of bearings and they were very helpful. Generally try are pretty good !
Our Camper

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=5261.0

Our Patrol

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=10214.msg152303#msg152303

Offline corynmelnkids

• Tent User
« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
Hi all
Just after a bit off info from all u cub owners we have a supermatic escape with the large toolbox fitted on the draw bar we are also thinking about fitting another box aswell to house our fridge and jerry cans and gas bottles.
My question is have any of you had a custom box made to fit a 60lt fridge for the front of your cub and if so a rough idea on cost. As i need to try and convince the minister for finance. As it is build a box to take take our 60lt fridge or buy a smaller fridge. Any info would be great.
and time off work.

Offline sablesoft

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Green Cub Supamatic Escape Off Road
« Reply #266 on: June 21, 2013, 10:18:18 PM »
Hi all
My question is have any of you had a custom box made to fit a 60lt fridge for the front of your cub and if so a rough idea on cost. As i need to try and convince the minister for finance. As it is build a box to take take our 60lt fridge or buy a smaller fridge. Any info would be great.

Hi corynmelnkids,

Cub Campers make a fridge box / storage locker which will fit a ARB 47 litre fridge and I think a 50L Weaco.
I have one on my Cub Supamatic Escape Off Road.  Might be worth calling Cub Campers for a price?

It was one of the important features which convinced me to buy my Cub Escape.

Ray

Note: The insulation and vents on the fridge box was my modification to give my ARB fridge a cooler home.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:26:49 PM by sablesoft »
Green Cub Escape Off Road

Offline corynmelnkids

• Tent User
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
Yeah we looked at that box when we bought our camper but our 60lt fridge wont fit in it so we opted for the largest normal box. We where storing the fridge at the end of the bed but it is a pain in the a$@# as you need to open the camper when ever u want to pack or umpack the fridge. We have a 40l Engel mounted in the back of the car but with the 4 kids we neeed 2 fridges.
and time off work.

Offline grizzly

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »
Mumbo
Just keep in mind that some insurers will not cover on road style campers if they are used off road, We have a 2006 Cub Spacematic Off road and NRMA will cover it any where we go because it is built as an off road model otherwise it would not be covered. If you go with an on road model you need to look at insurance very carefully if you intend to go on back roads/tracks.Good luck happy camping
Grizzly :cup:

Offline pajnmaj

• "We grow old if we don't go camping"
  • Tent User
« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »
Hello fellow cubbers,

We have a spacevan and ready to start a few mods to prepare for our 9 mth trip next year. We have travelled for the past 3 years but our longest trip was 8 weeks but we want to make life easier next year.

One of our must need to do mods is the kitchen, whilst I love the pantry space and the large gas burner I find the kitchen lacking in bench space. I usually use 2 tables for preparing meals and hardly use the metal swinging table that attaches under the kitchen. I would like to turn that into a bench somehow....needs to still fit on the kitchen bench to pack up.

I was seeing if anyone has made an attachable bench or other ideas - other than using a portable table.

Thanks in advance
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Off to do more camping we go.

Offline hargs

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #270 on: July 05, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »
We have a Brumby...we added a stainless steel bit on the end of the pull out kitchen, used a piano hinge (so it will fold over the top and slide in ok ) and drilled a hole in the corners for 2 short removal tent poles which act as legs. They are adjustable to lay-of-the-land. It's added an extra 600cm of bench space which reaches out to the edge or the annexe.

Sorry don't have photos.
Life is to short not to...............

NomadDrover

« Reply #271 on: July 05, 2013, 09:20:21 PM »
 :cup: Hello to all you Cub owners kiwi666 and I are waiting due to pick up Cub Drover Space Van at the end of July. Although the time since ordering has flown it still seems like forever till it arrives. Just sitting around dreaming and planning. Regards to you all. :D

Offline pajnmaj

• "We grow old if we don't go camping"
  • Tent User
« Reply #272 on: July 05, 2013, 09:39:27 PM »
Cheers Hargs,

That is sort of what I had in mind...now to make it fit.
 :cheers:
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Off to do more camping we go.

NomadDrover

« Reply #273 on: July 05, 2013, 09:49:51 PM »
 Question for CUB Club.  Do the CUB Club members have a CUB Club get together? ??? 

Offline Chippy76

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • :D
« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2013, 09:51:25 PM »
I have considered it ..... but wouldnt want to exclude all myswag members ...

Cheers Chippy :D
"All ice is thin ...cross only when necessary" - Buck Tilton