Author Topic: Aussie Jays Campers Melbourne closed????  (Read 10821 times)

Offline cayla13

• Learning the Ropes
Aussie Jays Campers Melbourne closed????
« on: January 30, 2017, 08:14:23 AM »
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about Aussie Jays Campers closing down? Their website has shut down and their phones not working. Was trying to show a friend (as we purchased one a few years ago). Hoping it's just a temporary thing but can't find any info on them anywhere.

Thanks

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Aussie Jays Campers Melbourne closed????
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 12:57:36 PM »
I had a look and can't find them online or Facebook.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »
When I do a google search the preliminary view tells me:

Home ยป Aussie Jays Campers
www.ajcampers.com.au/
Home. Our new address is Factory 2/102 Maddox Road,. Williamstown North. We are closed until further notice due to ill health.

When selecting the link an "account suspended" message appears.
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 02:31:23 PM »
Have a look via archive.org if all you want is old specifications, the website may be listed and you can go from there.

Offline cayla13

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »
Thanks everyone. Hope they are get back on their feet again soon.

Offline Gremma

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 08:48:31 PM »
Hi there. We put a deposit on an Aussie Jays crusher with an anticipated pre-Christmas delivery. Despite many attempts we have been unable to communicate with them since just before Christmas. Whilst it is unclear exactly what is going on with the entity, Aussie Jays Campers Pty Ltd, we did receive a notification of personal bankruptcy relating to Jason (sole director and owner) last week.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 07:05:13 AM »
Quote from: Gremma
... we did receive a notification of personal bankruptcy relating to Jason (sole director and owner) last week.
that's that.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »
Hi there. We put a deposit on an Aussie Jays crusher with an anticipated pre-Christmas delivery. Despite many attempts we have been unable to communicate with them since just before Christmas. Whilst it is unclear exactly what is going on with the entity, Aussie Jays Campers Pty Ltd, we did receive a notification of personal bankruptcy relating to Jason (sole director and owner) last week.
Hope you get your camper or your money back. Would be pretty Shitty if he took your ordrr knowing he was not going to honor it.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline Brendan88

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 07:14:35 PM »
Picked mine up end of November. Had some issues with the tent that has some damage from factory and was wondering why I haven't  heard back from them since Christmas.  Does anyone know what happens with warranty repairs now?

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 07:37:14 PM »
Picked mine up end of November. Had some issues with the tent that has some damage from factory and was wondering why I haven't  heard back from them since Christmas.  Does anyone know what happens with warranty repairs now?
If they have gone bankrupt and closed the doors, I'd say your on your own. Hope it isn't too bad.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: Brendan88

Offline Brendan88

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 08:50:54 PM »
Thanks Bird.
 It's not major damage just some pinching from the poles causing a tiny hole about 1-2mm.
My problem is nothing and I feel for all the people that have a made an order with a depost.

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 09:47:06 PM »
There were a couple of Queensland companies that went under in the last 12  or 18 months with exactly the same modus operandi  :'( Arseholes new they were going under but kept on taking deposits. Hope they get string up by the balls for trading when insolvent, pricks >:(
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 12:06:29 PM »
Yep. Nobody goes bankrupt overnight.  They would've known they were in trouble.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline big_den

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 04:52:53 PM »

Uh oh.  Sorry to hear this.  I expect you put down the 50% deposit that they ask for.  I ordered and took delivery of mine mid last year.  I understand they had good orders and moved to a bigger premises late last year so I am very surprised by this.  Looks like my warranty and after sales service have gone out the window.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »
I feel sorry for you. When I bought mine they were turning out 2 I think every fortnight like clockwork. They had them all presold. (Pretty much, all were the one model) So they would know almost to the dollar the cost, so would easily know they were in front or not.

Even back then I was not too keen dropping the 50% deposit and transferring the balance before pick up.

Offline sneezy1

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »

Our tent too is labeled as Emu Campers....perhaps contact them as they would be the ones doing any warranty work on your canvas....
Paul and Helen

97 GQ 2.8 Patrol
Aussie Jay Camper Trailer

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »
Quote from: xcvator
There were a couple of Queensland companies that went under in the last 12  or 18 months with exactly the same modus operandi  :'( Arseholes new they were going under but kept on taking deposits. Hope they get string up by the balls for trading when insolvent, pricks >:(
Agree totally.. its bullShit that they can pretty much just move on with no recourse for families who have probably saved for 5+ yrs for their dream and its not even worth a pinch of Shit now.

Quote from: #jonesy
Even back then I was not too keen dropping the 50% deposit and transferring the balance before pick up.
I thought the days of 50% deposit were long in the past.. ****ed if I'd do it and fi they dont like it move on, plenty of companies selling trailers
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 08:49:03 PM »
I thought the days of 50% deposit were long in the past.. ****ed if I'd do it and fi they dont like it move on, plenty of companies selling trailers
When we bought the Chinese was crap and the Aussie camper trailer market was strong. I certainly won't do that again in the current financial climate. It would be good if there was a way to have money put into a trust account type arrangement so everyone is protected

Offline mumbls

• Tent User
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 09:02:54 PM »

Having never bought a camper (I built our two), putting 50% as a deposit seems fraught with danger. Particularly in our current climate. We've recently ordered a caravan worth just north of $80,000 and that only required a 10% deposit, with balance on hand over. Would that not be a more expected or reasonable percentage?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:04:35 PM by mumbls »
There's room for all gods creatures - right next to the potatoes.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 08:22:52 AM »
Your deposit was $8,000.  Mine was $5,000.
So the risk was about the same, and the market was nowhere near as volatile as it is now.