Author Topic: A BIG thank you to Christian- Stone Stomper  (Read 2510 times)

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
A BIG thank you to Christian- Stone Stomper
« on: March 22, 2017, 07:10:45 AM »
I am getting a new Stone Stomper made for the hybrid, and provided to Christian the template supplied by the manufacturer with all of the measures etc.

When I received my Stone Stomper, it didn't fit. One of the measures was very wrong. I went back to Christian, and even though I admitted I didn't check the measures on the supplied template, and was expecting to have to cough up some money for another to be made, Christian said he would make me up another for nothing. I just paid for the postage. Thanks

This is my 2nd Stone Stomper and Christian is nothing but professional and easy to deal with.

MarkVS
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
Re: A BIG thank you to Christian- Stone Stomper
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:29:57 PM »
Great result Mark! Same thing happened to me with the same outcome. Christian sent out the new stone stomper within days of contacting him, with a replied paid bag to send back the old one.
That sort of service well negates the annoyance of the initial error, and i continue to recommend Christian and his product to anyone who'll listen!!
 :cheers:
Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic

Offline stevo

• I used to have a handle on life........but it broke
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
Yep, a good guy to deal with. I stuffed up my measurement when I ordered one for my Vista about a year ago. When it didn't fit (my fault) he said to send it back and he'd fix for no charge.
That reminds me that I have to contact him to get another one made for my new van I have just taken delivery of.
Isuzu MU-X Coronet caravan
The hearse does not stop at the bank on the way to the cemetery.

Offline 03GV

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »
You've just reminded me that I'll have to get my one modified or a new one for the newer tug and new camper thats coming.
I actually went to school with Christian and spun out when he answered the front door when I went to pick mine up! His service is great for a great product that I just keep seeing more and more of!
2010 DDIS Grand vitara
Lumberjack  Buckley  Campertrailer

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 12:21:31 AM »
Another happy SS customer. I was looked after when I dragged the stompers arse on the ground for 50 odd KM's due to mud up the inside Birdsville track. Moral of the story, if in mud, remove it:

I need to note here, this wasn't stone stompers fault. It was from my old camper I retrofitted to the ulti. Christian adds bungee loop supports to the ulti, something I was unaware of at the time. And whilst I knew I was in mud and crap, I hadn't realised the cow pat sized clumps I was landing on the stomper. Like Shitting ones pants, eventually if there is enough Shit in there, your pants fall down...or so I am told  ;D

I was expecting another $550-$600 bill, but was pleasantly surprised he looked after me in that regard. What he doesn't realise is that his good deed probably sold him a few more units as I spruik his wares where I can. Onya Christian  :cup:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:28:19 AM by sharkcaver »
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Offline Memem284

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 11:23:14 AM »
We also dragged ours in the mud on the Oodnadatta track. Our fault is wasn't fitted correctly - we had a Pathfinder and now have a Landcruiser and hadn't refitted it properly. We ended up with holes in it. After contacting Christian, we sent to him (with still some residual mud) from Coober Pedy> He fixed it for $30 (we instisted that we pay something considering it was our fault) and then sent it back to us via Katherine PO.

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 11:36:59 AM »
We also dragged ours in the mud on the Oodnadatta track. Our fault is wasn't fitted correctly - we had a Pathfinder and now have a Landcruiser and hadn't refitted it properly. We ended up with holes in it. After contacting Christian, we sent to him (with still some residual mud) from Coober Pedy> He fixed it for $30 (we instisted that we pay something considering it was our fault) and then sent it back to us via Katherine PO.

Wow. Neat idea. I didn't think of sending the old one back for patching. I just bought a new mat.
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0