Author Topic: Annex flooring  (Read 3739 times)

Offline Lori

• Tent User
Annex flooring
« on: September 12, 2016, 03:43:07 PM »
Im thinking of getting new flooring for the annex.

We currently have c-gear 3x3mtr that we bought before we got our camper, its a good bit of kit and I like it but the size is wrong and I always end up walking in the dust in the kitchen area (Im a barefoot camper.)

I want to get some flooring that runs the length of the camper. I was assuming that I would get a new c-gear mat, I like it.

Pros
Sand and dirt fall through the weave and dont come back up.
Its easy to sweep off
its tough

Cons
not great on wet ground, dirty water just rises up through the weave
its not the cushiest of flooring and can give knee grazes if you fall
it needs to be pegged out

But..... I saw Affordable Camping Mats at the camping show.
http://affordablecamping.com.au/
Does anyone have any experience with these? the most important thing for me is reducing dirt, sand, rocks ect from entering the camper and minimising the amount of it under the annex area.

Offline Muckinhell

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2014 Ecomate traveller forward fold.
Re: Annex flooring
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 04:04:33 PM »
i have some thick blue shade cloth we double over and run the length of our annex and can be pulled out to suit differing camp sites, works the same as those c mats but still same downfalls you mention but cheap.
2005 HDJ100r Sahara
Better to look at it, than for it!

Offline recreationalmats

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 07:50:34 PM »
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 07:54:42 PM by recreationalmats »

Offline recreationalmats

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 07:52:51 PM »
Australians have a natural attraction to the great outdoors, and there is no better way to enjoy is than just sitting outside your camper or van having a beer or wine on one of these beautiful mats.

Designed for outdoor living from the ground up, the mats are ideal for placing outside your caravan, motorhome, or camper trailer. Comfortable under foot and perfect for keeping dirt and bugs at bay, they are made from 100 per cent recycled poly. Old milk bottles, rubbish bins, plastic bags and the like are reborn into one of the most essential caravan accessories.

Compounds are mixed in to make them UV resistant and long lasting. All mats come with a carry bag for ease of transport, and have eyelets for securing them to the ground. The mats are also non-slip and fully reversible. Great to use at sporting events, school fetes, or anywhere you need a comfortable surface outdoors.

These mats can be ordered online at https://www.recreationalmats.com.au/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 02:59:23 PM by recreationalmats »

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 08:15:21 PM »
Not trying to have a go at the ad posted up, but it appears to be a rug or mat that you would normally sit on ( or if younger, other stuff as well !! ) not a thing you would put under the annex of a van.

As for annex flooring, I've never had any, we just use thongs on the feet....take them off at the door of the camper...voila, no dust or dirt inside !!   ;D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 07:24:22 AM »
we have a piece of this stuff (didn't get it from here, but it's the same stuff):

https://www.campsmart.net.au/5.0m-blue-annexe-matting

it's excellent... a bit heavy, but does a really good job of filtering out the dirt and sand...

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 08:00:28 AM »
we have a piece of this stuff (didn't get it from here, but it's the same stuff):

it's excellent... a bit heavy, but does a really good job of filtering out the dirt and sand...

We have been using the same stuff, works well for us, no pegging down, just fold it out.

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 10:35:14 AM »
Me too. Not slippery like the cgear when wet either. I like not having to peg it down.

Offline loanrangie

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 12:18:11 PM »
We have been using a large offcut of shade cloth for years but i recently bought a 3x6m mat from kings which covers the full length of the trailer and tent and about 1m past the awning.
MY08 TDV6 SE D3,
2003 Dingo Offroad Camper Trailer.
1974 Kombi microbus
1958 FC special sedan
1998 Triumph Daytona T595

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 09:18:04 AM »

I have something similar from Aldi.
Haven’t used it yet, but it was cheap and figured I could cut it up and use it for packing between things inside the trailer to stop them rubbing together if it’s not good on the floor. ;)

I’m still using the good old shade cloth for our flooring at the moment.