Author Topic: Hybrid Camper Queries  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Gryphen

• Sleeping Bag User
Hybrid Camper Queries
« on: October 17, 2017, 11:38:30 AM »
Hi Everybody,

My better half and I are considering taking an extended break from work, and travelling around the Great Nation.

We currently own a FollowMe Camper - Argyle Explorer, which has been great for the camping we have done so far, but for an extended trip away the better half wants something more substantial.

We are looking at a Hybrid Camper, but with an FJ Cruiser as the Tug, we are limited to a GTM of 2250kg.

So far we have been looking at the following campers:

1. Track Trailer Topaz - http://www.tracktrailer.com.au/topaz/
2. Kokoda Armorlite - http://kokodacaravans.com.au/product/armorlite/

As these both fall within the weight limitation, obviously the Kokoda Armorlite is substantially cheaper that the Topaz.

The issue is there is a lack of information in the public domain regarding them, case in point it is only mentioned once here at MySwag, and only as an aside. We are seeking peoples experience in relation to both the campers.

If there are other similar campers that would be within the weight limitation as well, I'd love to hear from you about it.

So if anyone has any experience with any of these campers can you please pass along your experiences here?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Hewy54

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Hybrid Camper Queries
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 11:50:12 AM »
I was very keen on the Topaz, but SHMBO did not like it.
Went for a Vista Crossover and we are both still extremely happy with it 2 years down the track.

80 Series
Vista Crossover XL
The following users thanked this post: Gryphen

Offline Traveller

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »
I was just about to mention the RV Vista Crossover as well. I just spent a month in the top end with one in our group and I was very impressed. The owner has had it for 7 years and dragged it to some very rugged parts of Australia, and the thing still looks new. Handled the trip with ease and remained totally dust free inside. Was usually the first in the group to fully set up and packed very quickly as well.
The following users thanked this post: Gryphen

Offline Gryphen

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »
Cool, thanks guys, another one to add to the list :)

Only concern I can see with the Vista is the mattress, I have an innerspring with memory foam in the Camper, and would hope to have similar for comfort and bed rest (a lower back injury)...

But I'm sure that can be overcome :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:11:39 PM by Gryphen »

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:52:17 AM »
We have a LCT Reconn, on our list was Conqueror, Track, Rhinomax, Vista and Originally the Exodus (which is what we originally wanted but couldn't afford them!)
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

Offline Gryphen

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 12:17:13 PM »
thanks for that :) more to the list