Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 303141 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #3025 on: October 16, 2021, 10:42:27 PM »
That’s a you’re  too lazy to look it up your self reply !!
:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #3026 on: October 17, 2021, 10:11:26 AM »
Adolf Andrews just said at presser -

“There will be no restrictions on leaving your home or curfew. The road map will be delivered in full and here are a number of things we are adding to the road map as of 11:59pm this Thursday,” he said.

“There will be no travel limit between a within metropolitan Melbourne. Unless you are authorised to enter regional Victoria, you cannot enter regional Victoria at this time. Ten visitors, including dependents, will be able to visit your home per day. We believe that is appropriate. It is, however, highly recommended that only vaccinated people above 12 should be visiting your home.

“Staggered return of grade three and year 11 in metropolitan Melbourne (schools) will commence on Friday 22 October.”
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:24:53 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3027 on: October 17, 2021, 11:45:06 AM »
[quote author=alnjan
It's amazing the number of people crying this as why they are not vaccinated, either one shot or two.   When they cancelled our appointments we made alternate arrangements and before that appointment came up, we were contacted to say our original vaccine shots are back on.   If people wanted to get vaccinated they would have made arrangements to get at least one shot or both.   

My son made a phone call 4pm on a Friday, he was gettin his shot hour later. He had a choice of several appointment times on the Friday or Sat/Sunday...
... Not sayin everywhere, but it can be done.

I can be done but it does depend a lot on your location.  Our kids, all in their early 30s for a long time have not been able to get vaccinated locally due to their age.   Fair enough considering their age and health if they were to get Covid would be in a better position to recover then someone more vulnerable.   However it has still taken then ages for the age limit at Vaccination sites to lower for them to be Vaccinated.   Now that the majority of Greater Sydney and other Regional areas that have had Covid outbreaks have achieved high Vaccination rates the Vaccine is being delivered to other Regional Areas with a 'Walk In' Clinic set up at one of the local Clubs in town, no appointment needed, just bring id and medicare card.   They have all had their first shot and being Pfizer will have the second shot in a fortnight.   

This is what has upset a lot of people in Greater Sydney with their travel freedoms pushed back to November 1.   While Greater Sydney reached the required Vaccine rate a lot of Regional Areas are still only 50-60% double vaccinated.   Give the rest of the State (cause Sydney is not NSW) a chance to get to 70-80% Vaccinated.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3028 on: October 17, 2021, 11:58:54 AM »
I can be done but it does depend a lot on your location.  Our kids, all in their early 30s for a long time have not been able to get vaccinated locally due to their age.   Fair enough considering their age and health if they were to get Covid would be in a better position to recover then someone more vulnerable.   However it has still taken then ages for the age limit at Vaccination sites to lower for them to be Vaccinated.   Now that the majority of Greater Sydney and other Regional areas that have had Covid outbreaks have achieved high Vaccination rates the Vaccine is being delivered to other Regional Areas with a 'Walk In' Clinic set up at one of the local Clubs in town, no appointment needed, just bring id and medicare card.   They have all had their first shot and being Pfizer will have the second shot in a fortnight.   

This is what has upset a lot of people in Greater Sydney with their travel freedoms pushed back to November 1.   While Greater Sydney reached the required Vaccine rate a lot of Regional Areas are still only 50-60% double vaccinated.   Give the rest of the State (cause Sydney is not NSW) a chance to get to 70-80% Vaccinated.
I have been doing a bit of retail therapy in our area Alnjan, and was surprised by the number of people outside of shops that couldn't go in, these people are from all age groups that shouldn't have any excuse to not get the jab other than they don't want it. Also went to the market down the jetty this morning, 75% of people with no masks. Things will get very interesting around here when its all opened up.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #3029 on: October 17, 2021, 06:02:53 PM »
I have been doing a bit of retail therapy in our area Alnjan, and was surprised by the number of people outside of shops that couldn't go in, these people are from all age groups that shouldn't have any excuse to not get the jab other than they don't want it. Also went to the market down the jetty this morning, 75% of people with no masks. Things will get very interesting around here when its all opened up.

'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3030 on: October 17, 2021, 07:46:42 PM »
Nothing compared to what you guys have, and are still going through in Vic :(
Monday NSW opened up, cases in Grafton went through the roof overnight.
Mayors of councils in the northern rivers have asked the premier that Sydney/greater Sydney people not travel here.
I doubt we can stop it spreading, it will become(as some of you have mentoned) apart of life. Our health/hospital services are at breaking point.
Hmmm, take care.

So these people had Covid before the restrictions were lifted?

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #3031 on: October 17, 2021, 07:54:08 PM »
So these people had Covid before the restrictions were lifted?
Yes, and either moved into our lga or had travelled outside of the lga and back in.
Prior to the lifting of restrictions, we had traces of covid in the south grafton sewer plant, but that could mean it was from weeks ago.
Tbh, this virus spreads because people move, the vast majority do the right thing.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3032 on: October 17, 2021, 08:55:29 PM »

Tbh, this virus spreads because people move, the vast majority do the right thing.

And it also spreads because people don’t mask up properly or take precautions with hygiene.
People are still wearing the disposable $1 masks because they’re too scabby to buy a 5 or 10 dollar job.
People who wear glasses and have them fog up while wearing a mask are not wearing the mask properly, or have one that isn’t sealing properly.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3033 on: October 17, 2021, 09:20:02 PM »

Yep, says a lot for the so called Freedom Day.   While it may have been some freedom for Greater Sydney it became the Restriction Day for Regional Areas.   One day everyone could work and go to the shops and the next day not everyone could work or go to the shops.   Currently all that is happening is pushing the Fear of the Unvaccinated for no reason at all.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3034 on: October 18, 2021, 06:26:34 AM »
And it also spreads because people don’t mask up properly or take precautions with hygiene.
People are still wearing the disposable $1 masks because they’re too scabby to buy a 5 or 10 dollar job.
People who wear glasses and have them fog up while wearing a mask are not wearing the mask properly, or have one that isn’t sealing properly.
Disposable surgical masks are better, if they are used as disposable. I use 2 a day at work.  At lunch it goes in the bin and out a new one on after.

Most people use the same $5 mask all day by which time the virus is all through it, and on the meal room table where they sat it down to eat.  Some don't get washed for days.

2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #3035 on: October 18, 2021, 06:53:34 AM »
You are right.
The amount of people who wear it below their nose, :(
And the amount that don't wear one at all while walking the street, stop at a shop, qr code in and as they walk in past others, then put one on.

From the start, I purchased washable ones, pkt of 10, $120 I think.
I'm fortunate to be by myself most of the day.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3036 on: October 18, 2021, 08:00:26 AM »
Disposable surgical masks are better, if they are used as disposable. I use 2 a day at work.  At lunch it goes in the bin and out a new one on after.

Most people use the same $5 mask all day by which time the virus is all through it, and on the meal room table where they sat it down to eat.  Some don't get washed for days.

If you were exposed to the virus and you were wearing a proper fitting mask, the virus wouldn’t be all through it….only on the outside.
Trouble with surgical masks is they don’t fit your face properly…..they are only intended to stop some of the surgeons spit from falling onto the patient, not to stop them breathing anything in.
Best masks are the disposable ( or washable ) N95 ones, that have a proper bridge going over the nose.
But I suppose if we were all fair dinkum we’d be wearing gas masks.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3037 on: October 18, 2021, 08:22:35 AM »
No form of mask will truly seal with facial hair, so there's another issue

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3038 on: October 18, 2021, 08:55:59 AM »
While the 'seal' of the masks are important the fact is the majority of masks being used do not stop the virus due how small the virus particle is to the holes in the masks.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #3039 on: October 18, 2021, 09:19:42 AM »
Quote from: gronk
If you were exposed to the virus and you were wearing a proper fitting mask, the virus wouldn’t be all through it….only on the outside.
Trouble with surgical masks is they don’t fit your face properly…..they are only intended to stop some of the surgeons spit from falling onto the patient, not to stop them breathing anything in.
Best masks are the disposable ( or washable ) N95 ones, that have a proper bridge going over the nose.
Not everyones head/face is shaped the same either.. I've tried $10 ones, the bandana ones, and stuck with the disposable ones.

Quote from: Champin
No form of mask will truly seal with facial hair, so there's another issue
I passed my BA Course with RFS with beard ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:07:26 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3040 on: October 18, 2021, 10:03:35 AM »
My info was based on a situation years ago when I was dealing with arsenic in a gold ore roaster. I suppose it's all to do with the level of risk. We could all walk around clad in those big plastic bubble suits we see in the labs but that wwould be rediculously unfeasible. I think so long as we wear properly worn masks, sanitise regularly and social distance, we will move forward to mitigating this Shitful thing.   

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #3041 on: October 18, 2021, 10:06:51 AM »
My info was based on a situation years ago when I was dealing with arsenic in a gold ore roaster. I suppose it's all to do with the level of risk. We could all walk around clad in those big plastic bubble suits we see in the labs but that wwould be rediculously unfeasible. I think so long as we wear properly worn masks, sanitise regularly and social distance, we will move forward to mitigating this Shitful thing.   

yea wasnt havin a go, quoted th wrong post.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3042 on: October 18, 2021, 10:19:38 AM »
I know you weren't having a bash Bird.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3043 on: October 18, 2021, 11:35:42 AM »
While the 'seal' of the masks are important the fact is the majority of masks being used do not stop the virus due how small the virus particle is to the holes in the masks.

Must be the wrong masks then. N95 certified masks stop all dust and virus.

If you have a beard, sorry but you are at risk as no mask will seal. We had a blitz at work yrs ago where they were thinking of sacking people who wouldn’t shave their beards. Duty of care….company was worried about future claims against them for black lung.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3044 on: October 18, 2021, 11:57:11 AM »
As I mentioned in my previous post I think it is all about the levels of risk. If for example one is exposed to something like arsenic or cyanide ( which I have been before in the gold industry ) no mask will protect me from that if one has facial hair. If, though, you are trying to protect others from your airbourne viral spittle, a disposable mask will do that. Would that all go out the window though if you touch your mask then touch something else? Would that be a good case for transmission?

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3045 on: October 18, 2021, 12:26:10 PM »
It’s hard enough for everyone to actually wear a mask at all, so as long as most seem to be doing the right thing it’s good enough for the govt.

If everyone treated it like cyanide, you’d find everyone would wear a proper mask and take it serious….but because most people don’t know anyone that’s had covid, they think it won’t happen to them..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3046 on: October 18, 2021, 01:49:43 PM »
Must be the wrong masks then. N95 certified masks stop all dust and virus.

If you have a beard, sorry but you are at risk as no mask will seal. We had a blitz at work yrs ago where they were thinking of sacking people who wouldn’t shave their beards. Duty of care….company was worried about future claims against them for black lung.

How many people are wearing the N95 masks?   Not many up this way.   Which is why I say most masks people are wearing still allow the virus in ragardless of the 'seal' around the mask and face.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3047 on: October 18, 2021, 01:59:36 PM »
How many people are wearing the N95 masks?   Not many up this way.   Which is why I say most masks people are wearing still allow the virus in ragardless of the 'seal' around the mask and face.

Exactly ..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3048 on: October 18, 2021, 02:36:06 PM »

I know that Rona is stressing everyone out but crikies...surely we can maintain a level of respect for one another.

No political statements.
No personal attacks.
Respectful debate is fine.

I have had a bit of a clean up - if there is a flare up in this thread again I'm deleting the lot. 
The following users thanked this post: alnjan, Troopy_03

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #3049 on: October 18, 2021, 03:18:05 PM »
Just to add a little light hearted humour to this thread.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk