Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302742 times)

Offline HKB Electronics

• Hard Top Camper User
  • www.hkbelect.com
    • HKB Electronics
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #875 on: July 01, 2020, 09:52:51 AM »
Reality is this Virus came in from overseas,  most of the states left the hard work of dealing with those coming in on international
flights to Melbourne and Sydney, the other states didn't want to have to deal with their possibly infected residents returning home.

Unfortunately the Victorian goverment got a private company in to deal with security which obviously was not a good idea
now the Victorian public has to pay the price for the other states unwillingness to take on their responsibilities and the Victorian
governments poor choice of security arrangements.   
HKB Electronics, manufacturer of the Alternator Voltage Boosters

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #876 on: July 01, 2020, 10:22:30 AM »
Reality is this Virus came in from overseas,  most of the states left the hard work of dealing with those coming in on international
flights to Melbourne and Sydney, the other states didn't want to have to deal with their possibly infected residents returning home.

Unfortunately the Victorian goverment got a private company in to deal with security which obviously was not a good idea
now the Victorian public has to pay the price for the other states unwillingness to take on their responsibilities and the Victorian
governments poor choice of security arrangements.

What are the other states "unwillingnss to take on their responsibilities"  . Each state premier has a duty to its people first.  What responsibilities did the other states abuse?
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #877 on: July 01, 2020, 10:52:21 AM »
What are the other states "unwillingnss to take on their responsibilities"  . Each state premier has a duty to its people first.  What responsibilities did the other states abuse?
Then why didnt people coming back from O/S land in their own states? Instead of quarantine in NSW/Vic.... thats the responsibilities.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline HKB Electronics

• Hard Top Camper User
  • www.hkbelect.com
    • HKB Electronics
« Reply #878 on: July 01, 2020, 10:58:01 AM »
As above,

Seems now VIC refuses to take SA residents for instance they find a way to fly them directly into SA.

I see no reason why VIC & NSW had to take most of the returning travelers into quarantine and pay for it.
I suspect though that it was forced on them by the other states unwillingness to take responsibility for their
own residents.

Preferably they should have either flown directly to the states concerned or if they had to land in another state
they should have been placed directly onto flights back to their own state. If the state needed to hire an
empty jet so be it, why did they have to be quarantined in VIC & NSW with those states having to cover the cost
and take responsibility for their quarantine?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:10:00 AM by HKB Electronics »
HKB Electronics, manufacturer of the Alternator Voltage Boosters
The following users thanked this post: brickiematt

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #879 on: July 01, 2020, 11:10:15 AM »
Then why didnt people coming back from O/S land in their own states?

My guess is choice? I mean, Qld is the only state with 3 international airports (Cairns, Brisbane and Gold Coast) so if it was Qld travellers returning from overseas they would have entered via a Qld airport. I'm guessing it was NSW and Vic travellers (with their higher proportion of immigrant population) returning from overseas origins to their respective home states is why those 2 states have a higher number of international travellers bringing in the virus (cruise ships excluded).
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #880 on: July 01, 2020, 11:26:11 AM »
My guess is choice? I mean, Qld is the only state with 3 international airports (Cairns, Brisbane and Gold Coast) so if it was Qld travellers returning from overseas they would have entered via a Qld airport. I'm guessing it was NSW and Vic travellers (with their higher proportion of immigrant population) returning from overseas origins to their respective home states is why those 2 states have a higher number of international travellers bringing in the virus (cruise ships excluded).

By far the biggest amount of people returning from overseas were Vic or NSW residents. Every person who flies in has to isolate for 14 days.  Cant imagine a plane with 120 passengers with 10 of them from Qld and the rest from Vic or Nsw having the slightest chance of landing at a Qld airport. Every state tests the passengers and is reponsible for the containment of the virus...Vic obviously had a negligent private company looking after the quarantine.  I dont think any state has shirked its responsibilities.  All the states that closed their borders are doing well...same as overseas models of closure. All states want to see Vic and NSW get on top of the virus.  It seems that their are plenty of covidiots in some Melbourne suburbs who just dont get it..Lets face it....not a great sign of ones intelligence if dunny role hoarding is a priority.. :cheers:
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #881 on: July 01, 2020, 11:36:35 AM »
The question was asked (or a more the point, a statement was made) on here a little while ago, so I did some searching on repatriation flights direct into Brisbane.
Basically none available.

So what we have here is the "important" states that love to make everyone else in the rest of the country revolve around them, now complaining that they are the center of attention.
Go figure.....
But obviously it's the QLD Government's fault that the vast majority of overseas travelers came from NSW and VIC and they dictated where the repatriation flights landed.

I just can't wait to hear from team Murdoch how it's the QLD Government's fault that SA has kept it's borders closed... ::)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #882 on: July 01, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
The question was asked (or a more the point, a statement was made) on here a little while ago, so I did some searching on repatriation flights direct into Brisbane.
Basically none available.

So what we have here is the "important" states that love to make everyone else in the rest of the country revolve around them, now complaining that they are the center of attention.
Go figure.....
But obviously it's the QLD Government's fault that the vast majority of overseas travelers came from NSW and VIC and they dictated where the repatriation flights landed.

I just can't wait to hear from team Murdoch how it's the QLD Government's fault that SA has kept it's borders closed... ::)

All the states/territories and federal govt have been having weekly/fortnightly meetings for several months now.  I am sure that the subject of quarantine costs would have been sorted ages ago.  as well.    Victoria shutting down suburbs is no different to shutting down the states. The numbers are different but the aim is the same.  Common sense seems in short supply in many people.

We have a very long way to go before we can relax any laws.  If you want to see complete lunacy...check out Americas actions.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:51:05 AM by Bigfish »

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #883 on: July 01, 2020, 12:18:28 PM »

Victoria shutting down suburbs is no different to shutting down the states.

Hi,
   Suburbs and postcodes are not designed to be used this way. It is a very poor choice of tool, BUT it is the only one to hand at the moment.
Lines drawn on sketchy maps, by out of touch Poms 2 centuries ago,  have caused similar problems around the world ever since.
Different rules on either side of an arbitrary line.
Administratively it can work, but practically it is crazy!
Perhaps we should be designing in swathes of parkland to our suburbs as divisions, or only creating arbitrary lines in areas of very sparse population?
(Says he, sitting in the sun with a coffee, on a little island 200 km from the nearest hot spot).
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #884 on: July 01, 2020, 12:37:29 PM »
Suburbs and postcodes are not designed to be used this way. It is a very poor choice of tool

Agreed. Postcodes are managed by AusPost and exist purely for the purpose of directing mail products to the appropriate delivery networks. 2 postcodes side by side in an urban area can have significantly different demographics and a huge variance in geographic area and may combine any number of locality/suburb names. The postcode allocation has absolutely no relevance to how many people live in the area.

Locality/suburb names are set by local governments (and maintained by DNRM), they are typically much more focused on geographic area, and much more specific in demographic. The only advantage of using a postcode is that people more readily identify with that. You'd be amazed how many people think they live somewhere different to where they actually are. An incredible amount of people use the developers estate (marketing) name as their suburb, not the true locality name.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 12:42:55 PM by Spada »
Spada.

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #885 on: July 01, 2020, 12:41:23 PM »
Hi,
    Like "Lollypop Hill, happyness all the time."?

Now tell me that is not an overseas financed  development.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 12:46:17 PM by austastar »

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #886 on: July 01, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »
Then why didnt people coming back from O/S land in their own states? Instead of quarantine in NSW/Vic.... thats the responsibilities.

Seems they may be disbursed among other states now  >:D
https://australianaviation.com.au/2020/06/melbourne-diverts-all-international-flights-due-to-spike-fears/
and from the ABC -
Daniel Andrews said a good chunk of those flights have been diverted to New South Wales and Queensland.
Spada.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #887 on: July 01, 2020, 01:55:06 PM »
http://www.mygc.com.au/queensland-border-reopening-everything-you-need-to-know/?fbclid=IwAR1NR4M1nk0d1ewOi9tsLCbDE8BIj96pxOaLADHCSc2cMfTsddeoGJTs_KU

From 12 noon, July 3 –

Any person (whether a Queensland resident or non-Queensland resident) who has been in any local government area within the State of Victoria within the last 14 days should not come to Queensland. If they do, they must undergo mandatory quarantine in a hotel at their own expense for a minimum of 14 days.
Queensland residents must not travel to any local government area in Victoria.
The Queensland Government will implement enhanced border control measures, including border passes and identification screening.
From 12 noon 10 July –

From 10 July 2020, any person from New South Wales, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory may enter Queensland subject to completing and signing a border declaration.
If any person entering Queensland from whatever place has spent time in any local government area in Victoria during the past 14 days, they will be subject to mandatory hotel quarantine.

All persons entering Queensland must complete and sign a border declaration stating they have not been to any local government area in Victoria in the past 14 days. Penalties up to $4000 apply for false
statements.
All flights will be checked and road vehicle borders will be enforced.
Police will enforce quarantine.
A person who refuses testing in quarantine will be subject to a further 10-day period at cost
Source: Queensland Government
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #888 on: July 01, 2020, 02:20:46 PM »
http://www.mygc.com.au/queensland-border-reopening-everything-you-need-to-know/?fbclid=IwAR1NR4M1nk0d1ewOi9tsLCbDE8BIj96pxOaLADHCSc2cMfTsddeoGJTs_KU

From 12 noon, July 3 –

Any person (whether a Queensland resident or non-Queensland resident) who has been in any local government area within the State of Victoria within the last 14 days should not come to Queensland. If they do, they must undergo mandatory quarantine in a hotel at their own expense for a minimum of 14 days.
Queensland residents must not travel to any local government area in Victoria.
The Queensland Government will implement enhanced border control measures, including border passes and identification screening.
From 12 noon 10 July –

From 10 July 2020, any person from New South Wales, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory may enter Queensland subject to completing and signing a border declaration.
If any person entering Queensland from whatever place has spent time in any local government area in Victoria during the past 14 days, they will be subject to mandatory hotel quarantine.

All persons entering Queensland must complete and sign a border declaration stating they have not been to any local government area in Victoria in the past 14 days. Penalties up to $4000 apply for false
statements.
All flights will be checked and road vehicle borders will be enforced.
Police will enforce quarantine.
A person who refuses testing in quarantine will be subject to a further 10-day period at cost
Source: Queensland Government

NSW has similar rules now...however its an $11,000 fine...

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #889 on: July 01, 2020, 02:37:06 PM »
Quote from: Bigfish
NSW has similar rules now...however its an $11,000 fine...
gotta pay the bills.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #890 on: July 01, 2020, 06:09:06 PM »
As above,

Seems now VIC refuses to take SA residents for instance they find a way to fly them directly into SA.

I see no reason why VIC & NSW had to take most of the returning travelers into quarantine and pay for it.
I suspect though that it was forced on them by the other states unwillingness to take responsibility for their
own residents.

Preferably they should have either flown directly to the states concerned or if they had to land in another state
they should have been placed directly onto flights back to their own state. If the state needed to hire an
empty jet so be it, why did they have to be quarantined in VIC & NSW with those states having to cover the cost
and take responsibility for their quarantine?

The best example of this was the flight my daughter arrived home on from the UK.  It was a Australian Government sponsored flight, the last flight the government sponsored from the UK. ( passengers did pay a fare of  approx $1650j
It was a Qantas plane ( Dreamliner I think), that landed around 3 weeks ago. This  plane flew direct to Australia making its first stop in Perth but only to refuel and passengers were certainly not allowed to disembark.
It’s next stop being it’s final stop was  Melbourne where passengers got put up in hotels to quarantine.
After being released travellers could return to the respective home state including those from WA even though they flew through that state.
For our daughter she is into week 2 of isolation iat home here in BNE after completing the same in Melbourne.
I get the plane needs to land somewhere and couldn’t do a shuttle stop around the country but I’m not sure why Victoria was chosen as the final destination.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 06:12:55 PM by rags »

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #891 on: July 04, 2020, 07:19:28 PM »
Just want to give a shout out to our Vic Swaggers.
Take care.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)
The following users thanked this post: rags, brickiematt

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #892 on: July 04, 2020, 07:57:30 PM »
Take care.

Thanks.

Just don't let us come visit as we are a bunch of selfish pricks. Well only a few but, it is bringing us all down with them.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #893 on: July 04, 2020, 08:51:34 PM »
See the Queensland Border Pass has changed.  No more A stuck on the windscreen, now there is a G. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #894 on: July 04, 2020, 08:56:24 PM »
See the Queensland Border Pass has changed.  No more A stuck on the windscreen, now there is a G.
So getting the "G" will get you in?

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #895 on: July 04, 2020, 08:58:30 PM »
Victoria has recorded 108 new positive cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
It is the state's second biggest increase in cases and the biggest jump since March 28.
The state government has also locked down nine public housing apartment blocks, effective immediately.
These housing blocks are located in the Melbourne suburbs of Flemington and North Melbourne.
Victoria Premier Dan Andrews said the nine public housing towers would be in "hard lockdown" for five days.
Approximately 3000 people including children are residents of the buildings.
No one is allowed to enter or exit the residences - unless they are residents returning home.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-victoria-records-108-new-cases-biggest-jump-since-march-28/6c6b3a49-1daf-4221-a6b8-e3572aaa7db4
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #896 on: July 04, 2020, 09:48:19 PM »
A lot more s**t is about to hit the fan in Melbourne. The saying goes "watch this spot" but I'm  going with "spots".

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #897 on: July 05, 2020, 03:20:11 PM »
A lot more s**t is about to hit the fan in Melbourne. The saying goes "watch this spot" but I'm  going with "spots".
It's a worry :(

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #898 on: July 06, 2020, 09:39:16 AM »
Quote from: alnjan
Victoria has recorded 108 new positive cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours.

Increased testing will probably give more positives...
Its going to get worse before it gets better..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
« Reply #899 on: July 06, 2020, 10:43:41 AM »
Take care.

Thanks Hairs.
All jokes aside for the minute, this second wave has hit us hard and affected a lot of people very badly down here.
Many will not recover from losing their jobs, their business, their houses.
My sister is a cop, she has told me the number of suicides she attends each week has more than doubled.
All swaggers  take care, and please take care of your mental health. There are many ears in this forum willing to listen.
Cheers
Matt
Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic
The following users thanked this post: paceman