Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302731 times)

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #575 on: April 07, 2020, 04:55:22 AM »
Well said Jillsy  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline shakey55

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #576 on: April 07, 2020, 07:38:52 AM »
G'day Swaggers,

To say I am disappointed in the content some Members have been posting these past few days is an understatment  >:(.  This is definately not the Myswag we know and love.

For a group of so called adults, there is a some absolutely childish behaviour going on.

The Admins and Moderators have lives (and jobs still if they're lucky).  They also have elderly and/or susceptible loved ones that they are trying to protect, at-risk friends (and by at risk I mean at risk of suicide, at risk of losing everything, at risk of catching this awful virus etc) as well as children/grand children that they are trying to shepherd through this uncertain time.  The last thing they want to have to deal with is small minded, arrogant, self-absorbed keyboard warriors who are acting their shoe size rather than their age.  In short - grow the *insert expletive here* up!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion however, if any Member can't express their opinion respectfully or can't respectfully debate with someone, that Members is kindly asked to spend their time elsewhere. Rant over.
Absolute gem of a reply Jillsy

Here Here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #577 on: April 07, 2020, 10:20:26 AM »
G'day Swaggers,

To say I am disappointed in the content some Members have been posting these past few days is an understatment  >:(.  This is definately not the Myswag we know and love.

For a group of so called adults, there is a some absolutely childish behaviour going on.

The Admins and Moderators have lives (and jobs still if they're lucky).  They also have elderly and/or susceptible loved ones that they are trying to protect, at-risk friends (and by at risk I mean at risk of suicide, at risk of losing everything, at risk of catching this awful virus etc) as well as children/grand children that they are trying to shepherd through this uncertain time.  The last thing they want to have to deal with is small minded, arrogant, self-absorbed keyboard warriors who are acting their shoe size rather than their age.  In short - grow the *insert expletive here* up!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion however, if any Member can't express their opinion respectfully or can't respectfully debate with someone, that Members is kindly asked to spend their time elsewhere. Rant over.
Maybe since the forum has grown so much over time, maybe a few more moderators to help share the load would be an idea.
theres plenty of good people out there. Theres one who hasnt been on here since 2017. As I posted few days ago, its not fair on the current crop.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: Fizzie

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #578 on: April 07, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »
Maybe since the forum has grown so much over time, maybe a few more moderators to help share the load would be an idea.
theres plenty of good people out there. Theres one who hasnt been on here since 2017. As I posted few days ago, its not fair on the current crop.
Are you putting your hand up Bird?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #579 on: April 07, 2020, 01:09:40 PM »
Quote from: rockrat
Are you putting your hand up Bird?
No thanks

but there are good people here that would be good at it...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #580 on: April 07, 2020, 01:15:35 PM »
No thanks

but there are good people here that would be good at it...

Extremely well said Jillsy.

Was a mod on the old Overlander forum............not a job I'd want to do again. Too many kids in the sandpit......... ;D
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #581 on: April 07, 2020, 01:52:17 PM »
Quote from: doc evil
Too many kids in the sandpit......... ;D

its even worse when the kids get the keys to the whole gig... destroys forums overnite!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #585 on: April 07, 2020, 03:39:56 PM »
its even worse when the kids get the keys to the whole gig... destroys forums overnite!

Agree with that!!....

:cheers:
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #586 on: April 07, 2020, 04:45:00 PM »
Made it as far as the third sentence....   ;D
You're a better man then me.
I only made it as far as loading the header on the webpage.....  :-*

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #587 on: April 07, 2020, 04:51:39 PM »
You're a better man then me.
I only made it as far as loading the header on the webpage.....  :-*

Same here.  We are into the beginning of an unknown and potentially  a disastrous event both financially and health wise.   Exit strategy would already be on the horizon and the govt knows a little bit more than overpaid Shitlips.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #588 on: April 07, 2020, 04:55:59 PM »
Way too early to start discussing exit strategies, because as soon as they do, a fair slab of the population is going to say "It's all over", immediately start doing the wrong thing, & Bang, here we go again :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #589 on: April 07, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
Way too early to start discussing exit strategies, because as soon as they do, a fair slab of the population is going to say "It's all over", immediately start doing the wrong thing, & Bang, here we go again :'(
Sounds like pretty reasonable words to me. Nothing inflammatory or over the top. Not suggesting an end to restrictions now. Just saying we need to have a balanced approach.

“We should start planning for the exit from this period of restrictions, which are both extremely costly economically and obviously inflict a lot of hardship on people.

“We do need strong measures that will prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“At the same time, we have to be careful not to go overboard.”

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #590 on: April 07, 2020, 05:58:43 PM »

The govt would already be working towards an exit strategy.  That is why we are drip feeding the economy. They will have a goal in mind of where they would like to see the economy in 6 months, 12 months etc. As I,ve said before....we are just at the start..time that everyone should be doing the right thing. Couple of weeks at home and some people seem to think they have been locked up in a POW camp..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 07:43:02 PM by Snow »
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #591 on: April 07, 2020, 06:47:17 PM »
I think the majority of people are doing the right thing as these figures would show.
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/04/coronavirus-covid-19-at-a-glance-coronavirus-covid-19-at-a-glance-infographic_3.pdf

We still have a considerable way to go before this is over but we are at least heading in the right direction.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #592 on: April 07, 2020, 08:20:26 PM »
I think the majority of people are doing the right thing as these figures would show.
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/04/coronavirus-covid-19-at-a-glance-coronavirus-covid-19-at-a-glance-infographic_3.pdf

We still have a considerable way to go before this is over but we are at least heading in the right direction.
Yes we are doing better then other countries.
And thst is great to see.

I don't believe many have any idea how good we have it.
I hope we ALL learn from this.
To be honest, to be the best you can, no BS, think about the people around you.
Sure we all have a difference of opinion, if you have a difference to that, don't be a dick about it, simple. As the saying goes, if you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth shut.

People are struggling, many have great fears, sadly some see the only end, Is not being here.
Take care, and take care of each other.
Thanks.

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline filcar

• Tent User
« Reply #593 on: April 07, 2020, 08:43:21 PM »
No one can say Luke let's an opportunity slip ...

https://www.drifta.com.au/product/face-mask/?utm_source=Drifta+News&utm_campaign=e230acd479-April_2020_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5eec074d9c-e230acd479-225497833&mc_cid=e230acd479&mc_eid=d467472fd1
Defender 90 towing AussieSwag Ultra D

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #594 on: April 07, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »
No one can say Luke let's an opportunity slip ...

https://www.drifta.com.au/product/face-mask/?utm_source=Drifta+News&utm_campaign=e230acd479-April_2020_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5eec074d9c-e230acd479-225497833&mc_cid=e230acd479&mc_eid=d467472fd1
Little off topic but curious to know why he’s ceasing production of his campers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #595 on: April 07, 2020, 11:00:56 PM »
This was his post on Facebook. Seems he was reducing his risk in preparation of the forthcoming economic downturn.

hey guys . bit of news , bit of sad news . we basically going to finish up building new DOTs, at least for the moment . wen exactly we finish up, i haven’t quiet decided. we are not running out of money for DOT, this is not the reason , so don panic : )
decision made a few days ago. putting things in place now .
all current orders will continue as planned , we have notified existing customers , so no changes to builds , will continue and be completed.
at this stage , we have over 30 quotes ‘on the go’. so i think we’ll continue to take orders possibly up to Easter. but after Easter we won’t take any further DOT orders.
Warranty and servicing will continue as before. we will make provisions for ongoing warranty, repairs and servicing. simple upgrades also is fine, to existing DOTs.
we will consider DOT retro fits up until Easter, after that , large DOT retro fit conversions ie to WUHT’s i’m not sure.
so, anyone keen on a DOT, still some chance to get an order in. have about 3-4 weeks to place a deposit.
in business there are always many reasons why things happen, but there has been a couple of things happen recently that forced my hand and resulted in this decision.
once we have finished our last DOT , in 2-3 months time, i plan to move our dispatch / retail up into the DOT shed. they need more room and DOT has about twice as much room.
Drawers and drawer fitouts are very busy, they also need more room so they will move into the old dispatch area, giving us more flexibility in handling more fitouts .
so basically, DOT is a very difficult business to run. takes up much of my time and energy. we are struggling with low sales for a while now, for several reasons , and also the DOT factory struggling to make the profit needed to pay some loans coming due next year. drawers and retail are going great, need more room, and if i didn’t do this change i’d have to build another big factory extension, which i don’t really have the energy for atm.
so that’s what’s happening over the coming weeks / months . it is possible, after things have changed around and settled down, say in 6 months time, we may reconsider DOT, possible we get the trailer base fabricated in Newcastle and we just do the fitout, as we did for the first 25 DOTs 8 years ago : )
i spent the day talking to staff , then we notified existing customers , now i’m letting u guys know : )
best to set things straight , so everyone knows exactly what’s happening.
we built 400 Australian made camping trailers. i think that’s a pretty good achievement : )
any questions i’ll try to answer best i can if u have any. thanks guys , L

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #596 on: April 08, 2020, 07:36:23 AM »
Here is a bit of hope for a quicker ending to the virus.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/health/medical/a-potential-coronavirus-vaccine-funded-by-bill-gates-is-set-to-begin-testing-in-people-with-the-first-patient-expected-to-get-it-today/ar-BB12dR8L?ocid=ob-fb-enau-307&fbclid=IwAR26Uh7kmjKbVWdFz8mnWyzg22GstXJfALL3U_KTzMmnQMhpNoOiYQ-RWAY

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #597 on: April 08, 2020, 07:46:51 AM »
mmmm

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #598 on: April 08, 2020, 09:30:00 AM »
On the news this morning they mentioned the government are having discussions about relaxing the Social Distancing rules which will hopefully allow people to develop their own immunity.

They are saying that a vaccine is a minimum 12 months away and they are struggling to inforce the social distancing rules now, so in 6,10,12 months it’s going to be even harder to enforce.  But I also believe the Government knows they can’t financially support Australia for 12 months.

When this virus first made the headlines a few Dr’s said just let it run its course (IE: high death toll, but short lived) but they were ridiculed. That may still happen.

Hopefully they find a vaccine sooner that later, but the longer this goes on then the higher the chance of the above happening.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #599 on: April 08, 2020, 10:38:19 AM »
On the news this morning they mentioned the government are having discussions about relaxing the Social Distancing rules which will hopefully allow people to develop their own immunity.

They are saying that a vaccine is a minimum 12 months away and they are struggling to inforce the social distancing rules now, so in 6,10,12 months it’s going to be even harder to enforce.  But I also believe the Government knows they can’t financially support Australia for 12 months.

When this virus first made the headlines a few Dr’s said just let it run its course (IE: high death toll, but short lived) but they were ridiculed. That may still happen.

Hopefully they find a vaccine sooner that later, but the longer this goes on then the higher the chance of the above happening.

There was some billionaire in paper this morning saying he will give 1/4 of his wealth to research the vaccine.. just hope its money better spent than the cancer research

https://www.theage.com.au/business/companies/twitter-billionaire-pledges-quarter-of-his-wealth-to-combat-covid-19-20200408-p54i3o.html
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:22:01 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home