Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302951 times)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #550 on: April 05, 2020, 06:43:57 PM »
Just like the victorian police checked on 300 forced isolation cases.....99 weren't home !!

I think they should put a ban on any exercise outside your own property...no surfing, no beaches, no shopping centres, and shopping for food restricted to one person per household.
People just don't give a sh*t about anyone except themselves.

Just read that..390 checked and over a quarter were out....Simple solution.  Pay the $1600 fine and self isolation begins again from the day you got caught... Do it again and you get to self isolate in a prison cell for 28days plus another $1600 fine.  People think this is some sort of a game....
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #551 on: April 05, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »
Sums it up

3rd time lucky

« Reply #552 on: April 05, 2020, 07:42:31 PM »
As a result of the content of this thread, and the lack of action taken bybmyswag mods, i am quitting  tbis forum for the last time.
To those I have conversed with over the years I bid you all a fond farewell  and best wishes.
To those few that I have had the privilege of meeting, I sincerely hope and trust that we will x paths again. Levuka 2021 is  non negotiable.
To Every One else - I hope myswag benefits u and band u enrich it.
Adios all.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #553 on: April 05, 2020, 10:20:33 PM »
Comedians abound....but Jerry Seinfeld need not feel threatened by lame efforts such as this.....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🍺🍻🍻🏆👏
Essendon will make the top 8 this season :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #554 on: April 05, 2020, 10:22:10 PM »
Remember the Mods are volunteers and this isnt their full time gig.

if theres a problem - click the report Moderator button on the right hand side of the offending post..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: Jillsy, wakychapmans

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #555 on: April 05, 2020, 11:46:23 PM »
Interesting take on how Sweden is handling the outbreak ..
 latest figures show their rates to be dropping similar to ours atm
https://www.collective-evolution.com/2020/04/03/spring-has-sprung-in-sweden-with-no-coronavirus-quarantine-or-police-enforced-lockdown/?fbclid=IwAR0uJLFt9P9d0s8dZhNJw7YXVfWNXcVuGqHzi7F_cFM-DtTjflbiD1iQu_o   No lock downs just head the warnings ..
One thing in their favour I'm guessing is that they have a different mindset to instruction, due to most everyone having been millitary trained on an ongoing basis . just my .02c worth .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #556 on: April 06, 2020, 03:26:51 AM »
Interesting take on how Sweden is handling the outbreak ..
 latest figures show their rates to be dropping similar to ours atm
https://www.collective-evolution.com/2020/04/03/spring-has-sprung-in-sweden-with-no-coronavirus-quarantine-or-police-enforced-lockdown/?fbclid=IwAR0uJLFt9P9d0s8dZhNJw7YXVfWNXcVuGqHzi7F_cFM-DtTjflbiD1iQu_o   No lock downs just head the warnings ..
One thing in their favour I'm guessing is that they have a different mindset to instruction, due to most everyone having been millitary trained on an ongoing basis . just my .02c worth .

I think you've confused Sweden and Switzerland there with the military service.

The Swedes tend to be much more community minded.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #557 on: April 06, 2020, 04:42:05 AM »
Sweden has a population of about 10 million compared with Australia's 25 million. Please correct me if I am wrong on these numbers.
Sweden has had 6,830 cases and 401 deaths compared with 5,677 cases and 41 deaths in Australia,
This makes the Swedish infection rate three times that of Australia and a death rate from the virus 24 times higher than Australia.
I think I know where I'd rather be.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #558 on: April 06, 2020, 05:36:44 AM »
Sweden has a population of about 10 million compared with Australia's 25 million. Please correct me if I am wrong on these numbers.
Sweden has had 6,830 cases and 401 deaths compared with 5,677 cases and 41 deaths in Australia,
This makes the Swedish infection rate three times that of Australia and a death rate from the virus 24 times higher than Australia.
I think I know where I'd rather be.
Keith

I think we are in the best place on earth during this crisis.  We could smash this virus if we could only get the stupid, the selfish and the downright ignorant to pull their weight.
With 500 toilet rolls in the larder, 50kg of rice and 50kg of flour, 200 home made face masks and a weekly shopping visit to a crowded Brisbane market I reckon I,m safe enough.... :-[ :-[ :-[
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #559 on: April 06, 2020, 07:07:31 AM »
I think we are in the best place on earth during this crisis.  We could smash this virus if we could only get the stupid, the selfish and the downright ignorant to pull their weight.
With 500 toilet rolls in the larder, 50kg of rice and 50kg of flour, 200 home made face masks and a weekly shopping visit to a crowded Brisbane market I reckon I,m safe enough.... :-[ :-[ :-[

Did you miss your invitation to the car rally ?
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-it-was-inexcusable-police-fine-58-drivers-77000-at-huge-car-rally/news-story/c44290cae79f56969f64fc2d3fad0d00

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #560 on: April 06, 2020, 07:19:39 AM »
Did you miss your invitation to the car rally ?
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-it-was-inexcusable-police-fine-58-drivers-77000-at-huge-car-rally/news-story/c44290cae79f56969f64fc2d3fad0d00

Nah mate...was at a rave party with 30 of my mates. :cheers:

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #561 on: April 06, 2020, 07:20:12 AM »
I do not understand what people are doing, they must just think of themselves, and not the community as a whole.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #562 on: April 06, 2020, 07:21:45 AM »
Its going to be interesting to see how the murder investigation pans out with the Ruby Princess cruise ship.  Guarantee there will be worldwide legal cases brought against individuals, companies, countries and anyone else who may have a few bob....

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #563 on: April 06, 2020, 07:27:54 AM »
I think you've confused Sweden and Switzerland there with the military service.

Going by what I know / read they had compulsory Millitary service up till 2010,  then cut it out to voluntary till 2017 , When compulsory service was reinstated ..
 Buggered up on the population # ##  though, They seem to be happy tackling this virus the way theyre doing it, guess if that works for them thats their deal ....
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #564 on: April 06, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »
I do not understand what people are doing, they must just think of themselves, and not the community as a whole.
You are correct in thinking that.
The problem is, they don't believe it is them that is the problem.
:(

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #565 on: April 06, 2020, 08:30:05 AM »
Local news here the other night, the reporter was talking to two French backpackers (girls, mid-20s) in the middle of Suffering Parasites.

"When did you arrive in Qld?" "Just before the border was closed completely" (3 ? days ago)

"So aren't you supposed to be isolating for 14 days?" "We don't need to, we're not sick"

"& what if the Police come to check up on you?" "They don't know where we are, because we just made up an address when they asked us!" (laughing)

Well thank you very bloody much >:(

& the reporter should have immediately gone to the :police: & told them the story!
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #566 on: April 06, 2020, 08:45:38 AM »
You are correct in thinking that.
The problem is, they don't believe it is them that is the problem.
:(

I know I'll get attacked for this....
But you guys do realize that is exactly what the younger generation have been saying about baby boomers in the climate change debate..??

Not trying to start a fight, just making an observation.
The following users thanked this post: Paddler Ed

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #567 on: April 06, 2020, 09:31:20 AM »
But you guys do realize that is exactly what the younger generation have been saying about baby boomers in the climate change debate..??

If you're not trying to start a fight why are you throwing grenades ?
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #568 on: April 06, 2020, 09:45:53 AM »
So is this a game changer? People were saying animals can't get it - but isnt that where it started...
Now this.

NEW YORK (AP) — A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for the new coronavirus, in what is believed to be the first known infection in an animal in the U.S. or a tiger anywhere, federal officials and the zoo said Sunday.

The 4-year-old Malayan tiger named Nadia — and six other tigers and lions that have also fallen ill — are believed to have been infected by a zoo employee who wasn't yet showing symptoms, the zoo said. The first animal started showing symptoms March 27, and all are doing well and expected to recover, said the zoo, which has been closed to the public since March 16 amid the surging coronavirus outbreak in New York.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/04/05/tiger-nycs-bronx-zoo-tests-positive-coronavirus/
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: peteh

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #569 on: April 06, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »
You'd have to wonder how the keeper passed it on to them ???

Don't think you pat & cuddle lions & tigers all that much ;D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #570 on: April 06, 2020, 11:47:31 AM »

Probably goes to the heart of “what affects me now” vs “what is going to affect me or my descendants later”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #571 on: April 06, 2020, 12:30:22 PM »
So is this a game changer? People were saying animals can't get it - but isnt that where it started...
Now this.

please try to keep up Bird...

regular people can't catch it from tigers... just Joe Exotic.

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.0
2 x titanium fatbikes with 4.8" tyres

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #572 on: April 06, 2020, 12:53:03 PM »
please try to keep up Bird...

regular people can't catch it from tigers... just Joe Exotic.
Im new at this :'(
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #573 on: April 06, 2020, 01:58:55 PM »
Now this.

There was reports a month ago of 2 dogs that supposedly died of Cov19. One in honkers, one in china I believe. The owners would not allow an autopsy to be performed, so I am calling BS on that story until more evidence is provided.

The tiger, being in a western country, one would hope will be tested and confirmed/denied. If sars-cov19 mutates to be able to spread to other species (there are now 2 strains affecting the human population), then life on this earth is seriously threatened. Global warming is the least of our concerns.
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #574 on: April 07, 2020, 04:52:11 AM »
G'day Swaggers,

To say I am disappointed in the content some Members have been posting these past few days is an understatment  >:(.  This is definately not the Myswag we know and love.

For a group of so called adults, there is a some absolutely childish behaviour going on.

The Admins and Moderators have lives (and jobs still if they're lucky).  They also have elderly and/or susceptible loved ones that they are trying to protect, at-risk friends (and by at risk I mean at risk of suicide, at risk of losing everything, at risk of catching this awful virus etc) as well as children/grand children that they are trying to shepherd through this uncertain time.  The last thing they want to have to deal with is small minded, arrogant, self-absorbed keyboard warriors who are acting their shoe size rather than their age.  In short - grow the *insert expletive here* up!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion however, if any Member can't express their opinion respectfully or can't respectfully debate with someone, that Members is kindly asked to spend their time elsewhere. Rant over.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 06:27:34 AM by Jillsy »
The following users thanked this post: D4D, db, rags, westvic, MarkGU, Mace, edz, Spada, Bad Scott, wakychapmans, Fizzie