Author Topic: lifestyle camper trailers  (Read 16242 times)

Offline Dion

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: lifestyle camper trailers
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 04:28:48 PM »
We have just taken delivery of our new Lifestyle Extenda and whilst the overall quality is quite good, we could not believe how difficult it is to open the camper top. My wife & I both tried lifting the lid & assumed it must have been locked but on checking, that was not the case. My next door neighbour came over & gave me a hand & between us, we got the lid up. Surely the Extenda is aimed at the 'average' person so I am amazed there is not a solution to this problem. Bill says it's just the weight of the extra canvas but that doesn't help me! Has anyone else had this problem or have I just got a 'lemon'?   :'(

Nope you are not alone - it certainly is heavy - my wife would not be able to lift it by herself for sure.  However there is a lot of canvas, steel and wood to be lifted so its a catch-22.  Do you have the innerspring or foam matress - there'll be some weight difference there.

How tall are you?  Given the height of the camper that can also play a role.  I'm 2m tall and its quite a good height for me to get some "oomph" behind it - if I was shorter I could see how it would be difficult as you are trying to lift something at a bit of arms reach - have you tried standing on something to make you a bit taller?

2017 Y62 Patrol
2009 Lifestyle Extenda

Offline sadie

• Tent User
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 06:23:09 PM »
Hi Nutbag.

The bed deck certainly is heavy, isn't it! Something you should definitely also do is to make sure that when you want to open it, ensure that the tailgate is open. Otherwise because all the seals are so good, you're fighting against an air lock. Makes a big difference, although it is still heavy....:)

Offline DAZnBEC

• THE MIGHTY MODCON!
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 06:37:02 PM »
You can always get the gas struts upgraded! But on a brand new camper you shouldn't have to.

If there customer service is as good as Lifestyle owners say it is, then its simple.

Take it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rob9492

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2010, 06:28:34 PM »
Here is one....... http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=9981.msg147999

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »
Nutbag,  you are right in saying the camper top/bed deck is heavy, when trying to open it up.  When I first got mine, I thought the same thing, that the clips were still clipped up, but then after opening and closing it a few times, it becomes a little easier.
It wouldnt be the only lemon believe me.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:20 AM »
It wouldnt be the only lemon believe me.

Offline Darcy7

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The plumage doesn't enter into it.....!
    • RVeeThereYet.com
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 10:01:39 AM »
......lol

Visit our blog at WWW.RVeeThereYet.com