Author Topic: Mattress Question  (Read 3161 times)

Offline robsjack

• Tent User
Mattress Question
« on: December 13, 2010, 09:29:27 AM »
A mattress question (particularly for any GIC trailer owners out there)

Am due to pick up my offroad camper from GIC on the 22nd December  ;D and need to organise a mattress. I contacted GIC and they indicated that a 17cm thick mattress was the normal max but if I removed all the poles, etc.. from the top I could go to a 20cm thick mattress. SWMBO is very particular when it comes to mattress selection and considering most modern pillow type mattresses are thicker than 20cm I'm after suggestions as to finding something that is both supportive and comfortable (without breaking the bank). Having a decent mattress to sleep on was one of the main things that led me away from the tents to the camper in the first place. GIC suggested the cheap mattresses from Fantastic Furniture but when I had a quick look the other day they didn't impress me (let alone what SWMBO might think ???) as being very comfortable.

What do you guys use?

rob

Offline kiva

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Mattress Question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 10:06:20 AM »
There might be some useful information in this thread -

http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=9318

LandCruiser GXL 105 Series. Complete Campsite Exodus 14.

Offline ziggy

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 01:54:07 PM »
Tempur - hey you didnt say anything about budget :) Best mattress I have ever owned, however it cost more that the others all put together

Offline trailertrash

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 07:26:09 PM »
We have a made to measure inner spring mattress in our camper and love it. Did six weeks in the cape in "09" and couldn't have been happier with it. Its a low profile one too, only 5 inches .

Racer

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
Don't waste your time with a 'high density' foam. I managed to get a hold of one to trial and it was terrible. We forked out 350 or so for a good quality innerspring from Makin Mattresses, it is 6inch high queen...just like sleeping at home...I have a Mario Trailer which is on the same level as GIC and it fits easy...

Offline terryc

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 08:05:04 PM »
Ours is the deluxe foam from clark rubber.

Offline travellingduo

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »
You could also try the clearance outlets - we picked up a discontinued mattress for 50% off at the Sleep City/Everyday Living outlet in Stoddart Rd Blacktown for our guest room