Author Topic: LC 300  (Read 6545 times)

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
Re: LC 300
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2021, 01:36:30 PM »
People didn't like the 100 Series styling when they were first out. Same with the 200. They got used to them....

The 100 isn't too bad. The 200 I still don't like.
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2021, 02:28:07 PM »
I think a lot of 200 Series owners will pay the extra dough just to have a handbrake that works.
It looks like a lovely and very capable vehicle. It's just a shame they could not have given it a 4,000kg GVM, with maybe 2,500kg on the rear axle - at least as a factory option.

The current aftermarket GVM upgrades for LC200s are a joke because they leave the rear axle 1,900kg maximum loading unchanged. So you can be under GVM and still be about 300kg overloaded on the rear axle when towing with some gear on board. That's after spending $5K.

Much of the aftermarket crap you can bolt on puts most of its weight on the rear axle: long range tank, wheels on the back, drawers, roof loads and so on. That's not counting luggaege, fridges and beer.

Given that almost every large caravan rig you see on the road has an overloaded 200 Series on the front of it, Toyota Australia engineers should have addressed this rear axle issue with their Japanese colleagues. If you are towing a 3,000Kg plus caravan, that's a good reason not to buy a 300 Series.

Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2021, 03:29:31 PM »
I just watched Cadogan's early video of him rubishing the 300 Series before he had ever seen it. I sent off this message and do not expect a reply.
Keith

"John I just re-watched your early report on the LC300 Series made before anyone in Australia, yourself included, had driven or even seen it.
The fact that you spent some four minutes of your twenty minute dissertation lamenting the presence of a CD player in the new model was evidence enough that you had very little constructive criticism to bring to your audience.
Too much time was also spent concocting your own imagined vision of a typical Landcruiser driver as a "bogan".  John you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that a lot of people like touring off the beaten track in caravans. I have just done that very same thing for this last year and met a lot of these "bogans", happy as larks with their 200 Series "Shitboxes".  We had successful business people, academics, technologists, senior executives and so on.  Almost all of them seem the have a better vocabulary and most probably a higher income than you do.
John, I honestly enjoy almost all of your videos and have learned a good deal from many of them. But there are occasions when the deep ocean sewage outfall at Malabar off the coast of Sydney spills considerably less Shit than you do."

200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2021, 03:46:27 PM »
I just watched Cadogan's early video of him rubishing the 300 Series before he had ever seen it. I sent off this message and do not expect a reply.
Keith

"John I just re-watched your early report on the LC300 Series made before anyone in Australia, yourself included, had driven or even seen it.
The fact that you spent some four minutes of your twenty minute dissertation lamenting the presence of a CD player in the new model was evidence enough that you had very little constructive criticism to bring to your audience.
Too much time was also spent concocting your own imagined vision of a typical Landcruiser driver as a "bogan".  John you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that a lot of people like touring off the beaten track in caravans. I have just done that very same thing for this last year and met a lot of these "bogans", happy as larks with their 200 Series "Shitboxes".  We had successful business people, academics, technologists, senior executives and so on.  Almost all of them seem the have a better vocabulary and most probably a higher income than you do.
John, I honestly enjoy almost all of your videos and have learned a good deal from many of them. But there are occasions when the deep ocean sewage outfall at Malabar off the coast of Sydney spills considerably less Shit than you do."

I hope he responds. This will be fun.

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2021, 03:57:46 PM »
Keith

"bogans", happy as larks with their 200 Series "Shitboxes".  We had successful business people, academics, technologists, senior executives and so on.

Ahh yes, but were there any engineers amongst them. This may have had an impact on what he responds with, if he responds >:D >:D
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »
Ahh yes, but were there any engineers amongst them. This may have had an impact on what he responds with, if he responds >:D >:D

Yep I myself am a failed engineer and we met plenty of others (not failed) along the way. The really rich ones had large Bushtrackers towed by Silverados. The rest of us slummed in 200s.
Keith

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2021, 06:56:39 PM »
I think a lot of 200 Series owners will pay the extra dough just to have a handbrake that works
you'll be disappointed, yota has never had a handbrake tht works.. sorta like their version of an LSD
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2021, 07:22:26 PM »
you'll be disappointed, yota has never had a handbrake tht works.. sorta like their version of an LSD
My hand brake isn't the best.
But my LSD works fine.
80 series, 91, 497000km.
:)
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2021, 08:20:17 PM »
My '93 tilly has had a handbrake mod done by a local bloke and works well, but the LSD is nonexistent. Perhaps it was just a marketing ploy. ;D
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline MrCruza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2021, 10:01:45 PM »
LSD is so yesterday. It's Traction Control these days.
Cheers, John.

'12 Cruiser
2020 NextGen Blackline

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2021, 07:50:28 AM »
Given that almost every large caravan rig you see on the road has an overloaded 200 Series on the front of it, Toyota Australia engineers should have addressed this rear axle issue with their Japanese colleagues. If you are towing a 3,000Kg plus caravan, that's a good reason not to buy a 300 Series.

Keith

I think Toyota Australia are pinning their big van towing hopes on a RH drive Tundra...

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=58855.msg1064705#msg1064705
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2021, 09:30:24 AM »
I think Toyota Australia are pinning their big van towing hopes on a RH drive Tundra...

I hope so