Author Topic: Power and gas is to expensive.  (Read 199678 times)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Power and gas is to expensive.
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2017, 07:44:57 AM »
Hmmm, not sure if I should continue the joke and say that Incitec built their fertilizer plant in the US because there is more dodgy politicians, pedo priests and wife beaters over there. ;)
Or take this comment seriously and say the yanks can have their water taps that catch on fire and critically sick kids caused by all that unregulated fracking causing so many toxic water supplies in so many towns... :(

I enjoyed watching the film clip of the chap in a small tinny going down the Condamine river and lighting the gas bubbles as they rose to surface.  Just proves what a smart creature man is..NOT.   
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »
I haven't really looked at CSG enough to form an opinion on it   but this is an interesting read regarding the bubbling in the Condamine River http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/condamine-river-bubbling-unlikely-to-be-caused-by-coal-seam-gas-csiro-says/news-story/2fc275249743047db216af9a3d6ce6eb

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2017, 11:41:42 AM »
There is enough evidence of the dangers and damages caused by fracking, just not enough to over turn the $$$$ behind fracking regardless of the short and long term detriment of not just the environment but those living where there is fracking. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »
Quote from: alnjan
There is enough evidence of the dangers and damages caused by fracking, just not enough to over turn the $$$$ behind fracking regardless of the short and long term detriment of not just the environment but those living where there is fracking.

... frackin' hell!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2017, 09:11:40 PM »

I enjoyed watching the film clip of the chap in a small tinny going down the Condamine river and lighting the gas bubbles as they rose to surface.  Just proves what a smart creature man is..NOT.

While fracking can and does cause problems like methane escaping into a river, it can and does occur naturally as well.

Coal seams contain methane gas, and it can be released naturally, but with fracking, the stuff they pump down into the seams would be more of a worry than methane leaking into a river !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2017, 08:23:06 AM »
Wow! Just wow!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-says-climate-change-could-be-beneficial-because-more-people-die-20171009-gyxi9y.html
An optimist? Or just plain stupid!
I wonder why he doesnt tell Aussies they need more heat waves? Probably cause he knows they'll tell him hes a d*ckhead.
And these are the sort of people that get to made the decisions that will effect our prodgenies.
No wonder so many people have had a gut full.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2017, 08:33:23 AM »
Got my electricity bill through yesterday. $220 for the quarter. We average 4.2kw/day which does help, gas is on top of that for hot water ($100 a cylinder every quarter ish)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2017, 09:36:08 AM »
Wow! Just wow!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-says-climate-change-could-be-beneficial-because-more-people-die-20171009-gyxi9y.html

Considering there is a growing push to do a total revisit on the climate change science by a growing number of scientist maybe he is not too far off the mark. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2017, 04:48:12 PM »
Considering there is a growing push to do a total revisit on the climate change science by a growing number of scientist maybe he is not too far off the mark.

I,d rather believe that Rolf Harris  is innocent than believe anything the abbotmoron says.  He,s just a pathetic has been yelling from the background scared that people wont remember him...we remember him..tosser.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline suby

• Swag User
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2017, 11:26:22 PM »
I,d rather believe that Rolf Harris  is innocent than believe anything the abbotmoron says.  He,s just a pathetic has been yelling from the background scared that people wont remember him...we remember him..tosser.

Just saw lateline now Origin as well as AGL say its cheaper to use renewable. Yet no direction from the current government about long term strategy for power. Only Tony chipping in with his view... yep what a tosser he is.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:28:34 PM by suby »

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2017, 07:30:53 AM »

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2017, 07:56:09 AM »
There is no hope..
Gas bill for couple's empty unit tops $5k for 3 months
It's no secret that gas and electricity prices have skyrocketed in recent times. But Wally and Jenny Jacobs' three most recent gas bills left them gobsmacked.

The semi-retired couple, who live in Brisbane for most of the year, say they have only spent a total of about three weeks in their Melbourne three-bedroom unit this year, which remains vacant the remainder of the time.

Mystified, Mrs Jacobs rang their provider, AGL, who told her they had experienced troubles accessing the meter at the Hawthorn East unit, and had based the previous bills on an estimate.

Mrs Jacobs says their gate, which allows access to the meter, had been unlocked since March.

"They said 'don't worry we'll send someone down to read the meter'. But when the next bill comes down and it's an estimate too, it's all too much for the brain," Mrs Jacobs said.
A third bill, also an estimate, added new charges of $677 for the period of July 28 to September 22, leaving them with a staggering bill of $5440 for a total of 179 days.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/consumer-affairs/its-totally-bloody-ridiculous-gas-bill-for-couples-empty-unit-tops-5k-20171004-gytzx8.html
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:54:16 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:23 AM »
Unfortunately, I can back that one up :'(

We lost the FiL back in April, so his unit has been empty since then as we're trying to sell it.

Paid the electricity bill for May - August the other day - $122! >:(

The break-up of that is 7kwh of electricity (us vacumning & cleaning & real estate turning lights on - hot water has been switched off since April) = ~$1.80

Paper bill = $1.50

Remaining ~$119 = daily service charge >:(

So it would cost you ~$500 a year just for the privilege of having electricity connected, without actually using any! >:(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2017, 01:37:44 PM »
Unfortunately, I can back that one up :'(

We lost the FiL back in April, so his unit has been empty since then as we're trying to sell it.

Paid the electricity bill for May - August the other day - $122! >:(

The break-up of that is 7kwh of electricity (us vacumning & cleaning & real estate turning lights on - hot water has been switched off since April) = ~$1.80

Paper bill = $1.50

Remaining ~$119 = daily service charge >:(

So it would cost you ~$500 a year just for the privilege of having electricity connected, without actually using any! >:(

In our farm shed the service fee for electricity use to be about $25 a quarter, a few years back it jumped to just over $100 a quarter!  Nice little increase.  Be nice if our wages also jumped that percentage.  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Patr80l

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »
I haven't been following this but  this thread has been up for too long for my OCD to cope.

*too
40, 80, GU, Touareg, GU, Touareg, 200

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2017, 03:42:55 PM »
On a side note, we have an onsite caravan at Bright Victoria. The owners are now charging electricity service fees. Means we now pay our site fees, electricity used and the new service fee of around $128 per quarter, even though we might not be there for that quarter.  They have increased our stay limit to 100 days, but hen who has 100 days to spend on holidays, unless your retired.
Money for jam I thinks.

Offline Patr80l

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2017, 04:01:13 PM »
On a side note, we have an onsite caravan at Bright Victoria. The owners are now charging electricity service fees. Means we now pay our site fees, electricity used and the new service fee of around $128 per quarter, even though we might not be there for that quarter.  They have increased our stay limit to 100 days, but hen who has 100 days to spend on holidays, unless your retired.
Money for jam I thinks.

*you're

(Grammar nazi)
40, 80, GU, Touareg, GU, Touareg, 200

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2017, 07:55:31 PM »
I paid my first monthly bill to Click Energy yesterday. It was $130. So equating that out over a quarter $390. As oppossed to the $580 I paid origin on my last bill. We don't use heaters or aircon and I have gas hotwater.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2017, 08:14:00 PM »
I paid my first monthly bill to Click Energy yesterday. It was $130. So equating that out over a quarter $390. As oppossed to the $580 I paid origin on my last bill. We don't use heaters or aircon and I have gas hotwater.

We were with click for years, just changed to Alinta due to them being better for us, with click, the first two monthly payments are just estimated amounts, the final one for he quarter will be different and based on the actual read. If you haven't already have a look at Alinta as they are giving good discounts to enter the Qld market. You need to sit down and look at the the rates, the discounts and what they apply to and your typical usage to compare what's best for you though.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2017, 08:22:12 PM »
I do the ring around every year and they are always within 10% of each other.

One gives early payment discount. One has low daily service fees, but high kWh rates. One has the opposite.

We have no AC, no pool, no special high consumption appliances.

I care about them exactly the same as they care about me, jump ship every year if I have to and keep that awesome 10% for myself...... yep it's a bad joke.

Will check out Alinta on my next ring-a-round.

Thanks mate.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2017, 09:51:02 PM »
Money for jam I thinks.

Have friends with an onsite van and they are getting charged $30/quarter for a meter reading.. I read it for them and it took approx 6 seconds.....nice little earner for the park !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline ATC

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2017, 10:10:31 PM »

We were with click for years, just changed to Alinta due to them being better for us, with click, the first two monthly payments are just estimated amounts, the final one for he quarter will be different and based on the actual read. If you haven't already have a look at Alinta as they are giving good discounts to enter the Qld market. You need to sit down and look at the the rates, the discounts and what they apply to and your typical usage to compare what's best for you though.
Was using Click Energy, through a One Big Switch campaign, but they jacked up their prices in July.

Alinta were a lot cheaper where i live, we get 30% off their rack rate, so its cheaper now than we were paying on click before the rate rise.

Now I wont take a fixed contract, but will review every 3-6 months and change.
Energy companies don't reward loyalty, so they don't get any back.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2017, 09:14:35 AM »
Was using Click Energy, through a One Big Switch campaign, but they jacked up their prices in July.
I think its going to be like insurance companies... give you the "Welcome new sucker" rate... then after few/12mths then jack it up bit by bit hoping people wont notice.

we changed to Lumo and cant wait to **** them off. hoping AGL/Origin will match the rate and go back with the real companies
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2017, 10:11:46 AM »
Interesting read.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2017-10-12/renewable-energy-baseload-power/9033336

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.