Author Topic: Is there a perfect inbetweener? Hard floor with space of a soft floor  (Read 13998 times)

Offline israel.mcgregor

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Is there a perfect inbetweener? Hard floor with space of a soft floor
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2020, 10:44:47 AM »
There used to be a website listing all campertrailer manufacturers - was around 40 odd Aussie manufacturers... and a couple of importers.. now its the other way around. That wasn't that many years ago either.  Like it or not the influx of cheap chinese trailers, destroyed the market - with our high wages n Shit aussie manufacturers couldnt keep it up.
Would be in interesting exercise to see how many of these still exist.. http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=1231.0

This Followme Camper looks like a nice bit of kit to be honest well worth checking out.
Yea I did the rounds of all the "manufacturers" in the general radius and not one actually made anything in Australia. Even blue tongue!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2020, 11:21:20 AM »
Yea I did the rounds of all the "manufacturers" in the general radius and not one actually made anything in Australia. Even blue tongue!

a list from 2011
https://web.archive.org/web/20110504085123/http://www.campertrailers.org/manufacturers.htm
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline campingaroundoz

• Swag User
  • When smoking a fish, never inhale
    • Our big lap
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2020, 11:33:45 AM »
Seems they are no longer in business. Cant find a great deal about them online.

Send through some more info tho, photos etc that would be great.

They stopped building trailers about 2 years ago basically were pushed out by the Chinese trailers, they still hire out campers and still offer support if you need.
Info about our camper
Build date dec 2016, tare 1300, atm 2000,
265/65/17 ko2,s with spare hub axle and new tyre
You just unzip the cover hook up the winch and flip it over, 2 poles on the inside to push out the side wall and your done.
The annex can stay permanently on which we always do, it has the side wall permanently attached to it also, you just pull it over and add 3 poles and your done, I have made all poles into quick erect so it's very easy, if you don't want the annex you ust leave it on the roof. Total time is about 15min that's with annex included if no annex its 5min, I can do it in about 10min but like anything takes a little practice.
Insulated roof cover
Included is 70l arb fridge
Ctek 25amp charger
Redarc bcdc
Victron bms with bluetooth
2x 130amp deep cycle
Marine stereo
Atwood 11l gas/electric hot water with outside shower
River rats shower tent
Bike rack on front for 2 or 3 bikes
D035 hitch
Gafa suspension built by west coast suspension in perth
2 Jerry can holders
Small wood box
Walk up to the queen inaspring mattress
4 Storage conpartments for clothes under bed.
Great slide out kitchen with return bench and slide out Storage draw above kitchen. Other big storage box behind fridge.
We have been traveling Australia for over 3 years and had this trailer for 2 of those years, in that time we have dragged it along the Gibb, great central road, oodnadatta, dalhousie springs, mt dare, tanami, Savannah way via roper bar, Cape York, plus many other outback roads. Don't let this scare you off though the camper is still in excellent condition.
We have 2 kids 12 and 9 and they have heaps of room on the hard floor.
It's a big camper but is beautifully weighted and tows like a dream, we have not one single issue with it.
Unfortunately our travelers have stopped for now and we are managing a caravan park so the camper has been in the shed since September.
Asking 22k for it which is a bargain. They were 43k new. If you are interested i can send some pics but might have to do it via email.
Thanks Jayme

Follow me camper pentacost
https://www.facebook.com/campingaroundoz

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2020, 09:55:58 PM »
For people wondering FollowMe were a Perth based manufacturer. Doubt many of their campers made it to the eastern states.

I checked them out at shows etc and they seemed well made and well priced against their Australian peers but as a smaller family owned operation in a small market like Perth they couldn't compete against the imports and pulled the pin.

Their side fold hard floor seems like  an innovative design (but I'm no expert in that area).

Online Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2020, 10:04:51 AM »
May I suggest you go and hire some more variations of trailers before making a decision - 15k is a lot to spend on Shit your not really happy with.

Take your time, if you plan to use this over years, then hire 5 different styles, adn then hire other brands of the style you like.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline israel.mcgregor

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2020, 10:29:56 AM »
May I suggest you go and hire some more variations of trailers before making a decision - 15k is a lot to spend on Shit your not really happy with.

Take your time, if you plan to use this over years, then hire 5 different styles, adn then hire other brands of the style you like.
Thanks mate. No doubt that's what we will do, whenever we are allowed out of the house!!

I appreciate the help from everyone on here. It's given me plenty to consider while I'm twiddling my thumbs at home dreaming of my next holiday!

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2020, 12:41:53 PM »
No doubt that's what we will do, whenever we are allowed out of the house!!

Maybe make some phone calls, because you "may" be able to hire one, bring it home & set it up in the backyard for a try out ???
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2020, 01:04:24 PM »
Maybe make some phone calls, because you "may" be able to hire one, bring it home & set it up in the backyard for a try out ???

Thats actually a very good idea.  Might even get  someone who isnt going camping to rent you their rig for a couple of days seeing as you are setting it up at home...cant hurt to ask.. :cup:
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline israel.mcgregor

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2020, 01:19:49 PM »
80% of this comes with us for the three weeker tent trip.

Gonna be damn glad to leave all this behind!

Online Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2020, 01:36:35 PM »
Thats actually a very good idea.  Might even get  someone who isnt going camping to rent you their rig for a couple of days seeing as you are setting it up at home...cant hurt to ask.. :cup:
You'll get nailed for unnecessary travel... they seem to be doing a job on Eastlink and Peninsula Link Freeways on caravan/campers at moment.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline israel.mcgregor

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2020, 02:20:26 PM »
You'll get nailed for unnecessary travel... they seem to be doing a job on Eastlink and Peninsula Link Freeways on caravan/campers at moment.
I hear they've got the choppers out

Online Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2020, 02:37:33 PM »
Quote from: israel.mcgregor
I hear they've got the choppers out
-