Author Topic: Modcon C3  (Read 3943 times)

Offline darlyn

• Learning the Ropes
Modcon C3
« on: March 11, 2020, 08:49:44 AM »
I noted an earlier post where someone was querying the Modcon C3 but it was fresh on the market and no-one appeared to have purchased one. Is there any feedback now on the unit? I like the 270deg awning and the parallel kitchen with pantry, giving more protection. Similar to the Jayco Crosstrax but looks more sturdy for off-road. Does anyone have feedback on either who owns one of those models?

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Modcon C3
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 09:28:36 PM »
There is a modcon Facebook page with heaps of info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline darlyn

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 10:27:05 PM »
Ta, not a facebook user and the only previous post on a Modcon C3 thread did mention an owners facebook but it is flagged as private which means having to be a facebook user to join or look at anything. I don't know whether to work on the theory that if anyone was unhappy with it they wouldn't be keeping it private and would be telling the world.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 11:01:33 PM »
I’m in the group and I can tell you that no one is disappointed with their purchase and many have commented on the good after sales service provided by modcon

Bought a what?
The following users thanked this post: darlyn

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 06:56:14 AM »
You can be on facebook and only look at the content you want.......even if it's ONLY the Modcon C3  site.

2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline darlyn

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 07:38:44 AM »
That's what I wanted to hear !!! Thanks.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 09:27:41 AM »
I went to modcon while in Brisbane not long ago as we are also interested in it. They took their time to go through everything with us, no pressure to put a deposit down or anything. Showed us how they are assembled. If there is anything in particular you want to know I can search the Facebook group on your behalf and get some answers

Bought a what?

Offline scott8888

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 09:48:00 AM »
we have one, had it over a year, great unit.  we are actually going to be living in it for 6 months between Jun - Dec when we do a lap

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 10:05:30 AM »
How do they come up with the figure of $750 to install an external socket, rcd and 2 internal sockets? Parts would cost $150 MAX..Bit rude to charge $600 to run 2 meters of wiring..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!
The following users thanked this post: Apples69

Offline darlyn

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 01:16:38 PM »
Will let you know, thanks for the offer. If owners are happy with it then that's what we needed to find out.

Offline Studogg

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 09:23:47 PM »
Dont check in very often. Just posted this in another thread. The wife and I are very happy with the Modcon C1. The restrictions on using it at the moment not so much.

Picked up a Modcon C1 (basically same as C3) start of March. It's everything I wanted. Got two kids 12 and 10 and they fit comfortably on the bunks. I think build quality has been outstanding. I have been on a Modcon owners facebook site for a year looking (dreaming) at it and the biggest issue that has come up has maybe some issues with leaking shocks. Unfortunately only trip I have done is home from Brisbane with it but it was so easy to setup and then pack up and get going in the morning. 

Had some friends do a Kimberly trip in an MDC XT12HR and they had no problems and really enjoyed it. Not sure if the size of these campers is suited to a round Australia trip. It is perfect for weekend and bush camping, well at least I think it will be if I am ever allowed to go camping again.

One thing I didn't like with all of the Hybrid caravans I looked at was the Annex setup. The 270 deg on the Modcon would have been alright and I didn't like the caravan style Annexes on most others. I decided to get the van without and do my own. We always loved being under a big tarp with the old soft floor camp trailer. So I made a custom setup. Bracket along the roof, 4wd awning for quick setup overnight on side of bracket for short stop and a custom made L shape tarp from Pickers for longer stays.

Managed to set it up on the weekend, here is some pics

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 10:18:56 PM »
Great set up, Got a 3m x 3m 4x4 type awning mounted on a 300mm high L bracket panel the same as you have,  for our homebuild version  if I ever finish it ..
With the big tarp fitted how does the L panel handle for flex in wind, didnt see any triangle  braces . ... Edit . enlarged the pic, is that  an Alluminium angle  strip roughly 15o x 50 x 4 mm welded into a T shape .
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:29:13 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Studogg

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 06:37:56 AM »
My bracket is two 100 x 50 L shaped pieces I think 5mm thick welded together to make Z section 100m flat at bottom bolted to van, 125mm high and 50mm at the top. Put together by and at recommendation of boilermaker brother in law. It is heavy and no flex in bracket. Haven't been in any wind but don't think it will be a problem.

Couple more pics for you.

The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 08:18:08 AM »
Cool thankyou for the detail .. yep at that size / thickness its not going anywhere ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "