Author Topic: Show us your bike (bicycle)  (Read 496429 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Show us your bike (bicycle)
« Reply #1975 on: December 13, 2020, 05:10:07 AM »
Silver in the QLD Masters 7 Sprint Titles. ;D The quickest rider in Masters 7 wasn't there though. ;)

Woohoo, it must have been those wheels :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1976 on: December 13, 2020, 10:15:05 AM »
Woohoo, it must have been those wheels :)

Sadly the legs were crap and I burnt all of my matches in the second heat, to force the third heat ride off.  :-[

Have the Keirin and Scratch Race today. Looking forward to the Keirin but sadly, I'm the only Masters 7 rider and will be riding with the Masters 6 riders but will receive the medal for Masters 7.  ;D

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1977 on: December 13, 2020, 11:12:27 AM »
Bit crap that the road Nats are on at the same time. My mate managed a 2nd in the crit masters men’s 6 on Friday. Big stacks in the rain.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 11:17:06 AM by GBC »

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1978 on: December 13, 2020, 11:34:32 AM »
Bit crap that the road Nats are on at the same time. My mate managed a 2nd in the crit masters men’s 6 on Friday. Big stacks in the rain.

There is some stupid decisions with dates for clashing with other major events in this sport. The muppets that are doing this should be given a huge kick up the arse and also be ripped a new arsehole.  >:(

Foo
The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1979 on: December 13, 2020, 10:06:43 PM »
Day two done and dusted and I came away with a Gold in the Keirin and a Silver in the 10klm Scratch Race. The gold wasn't the way I wanted to win one but I went and rode the race with the Masters 6 riders and made them work for their money and I was assured of the medal, so long as I finished the race. One rider asked me if I was going to have a dig, even though I didn't need to. My answer was yes, I don't do not try in finals.  ;D
The Scratch Race was a combined 7-8 and 9 Masters riders and we kept a pretty good pace going for the whole race and with two laps to go, everyone started swinging up the Track, so Ron as in the Silver Fox took the lead and started winding it up a little and when the bell rang, he got going with me on his wheel. I thought of moving up to his hip and challenging but my legs said...........don't be a dumb bastard, you have nothing to give and I tried to just stay with him as the others started coming over the top of me and Ron held on to about 3mtrs from the finish, where Arch Davis just got him. Pretty saw now and just have the 500TT tomorrow. where I can just go deeply into the hurt locker and not worry about another race.  :P

The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1980 on: December 14, 2020, 05:41:21 AM »
Congrats, great effort.

I rode my first crit race for 30 years yesterday with the local Masters club. It was great fun, only problem was I won my grade and they have put me up a grade...

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1981 on: December 14, 2020, 06:06:22 AM »
Congrats, great effort.

I rode my first crit race for 30 years yesterday with the local Masters club. It was great fun, only problem was I won my grade and they have put me up a grade...

Thanks.

Bugger!  :D

Foo

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1982 on: December 14, 2020, 02:42:15 PM »
Rode some nice trails out the back of the in-laws yesterday at Dromana/Arthurs Seat had a ball , Ive only been having a crack at some downhill/enduro style terrain but still managing to scare myself occasionally hahaha. One thing that Ive noticed between riding lysterfield, bright, buxton and arthurs is the difference in the respective trail ratings one of the trails I did at Arthurs was supposed to be a blue run but with the rock gardens and other rock features it should have been black for sure, I'm guessing it wouldn't bother the more hard core riders but it definitely made me come to a stop a few times to dismount hahahaha. It was only the first half of the trail which was tricky.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1983 on: December 14, 2020, 07:09:37 PM »
One thing that Ive noticed between riding lysterfield, bright, buxton and arthurs is the difference in the respective trail ratings
Yup, pays to have a sighter run before you go full gas just in case, nothing like riding blind though.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1984 on: December 14, 2020, 08:11:08 PM »
Yup, pays to have a sighter run before you go full gas just in case, nothing like riding blind though.
I reckon my full gas would be a lot of riders sighter runs hehehehehehehe. I’m heading up to bright from the 2nd for a week so can’t wait to hit the trails up there again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1985 on: December 14, 2020, 10:54:19 PM »

New bike day for me. It finally turned up after a 6.5 week wait. Took me a couple of afternoons to add the frame protection and bits and bobs.
Mods so far are........
Shimano front chain guide
Entity PP15 flat pedals
DYEDBRO white camo frame protection
Ergon GA3 grips
Azur bottle cage
Everything bar frame protection and the chain guide came off my Trek.
Had to shorten the dropper post cable by about 350mm and the brake hose routing for the rear brake needs to be changed to the other side of the frame. I'll reroute it at a later date when it's due for a brake service. Other than a few laps around the block to bed the brakes in, I haven't ridden it in anger. Hopefully later this afternoon I'll get to christen it.
Cheers, Mike.
Very nice, Mike!

I've been eyeing off a Marin DSX 2 for a while now, while I get approval from the finance director... Maybe in the new year

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline petrolburner

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1986 on: December 16, 2020, 04:31:21 PM »
So I’ve been using my Focus Mares CX Disc as my everything bike.

But thanks to a great and accepting local bunch I’ve caught the road riding bug and am looking to change the CX bike for a ‘true’ roadie.

As such the opportunity has come up to purchase/swap to a 2017 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two Ultegra for my Focus.

The seller is interested in pursuing gravel riding and is a big tall unit like me so it might just work as we both find XL frames difficult to come by.

However I was curious as to what others might think the value of his BMC is.

It is similarly equipped to my Focus with mechanical Ultegra running gear, both bikes are in similarly very good condition and well maintained.
I was thinking about $2k for my focus, he was thinking around $3k for his BMC.

Does $3k for a 2017 Roadmachine Ultegra sound too steep? It does have 3T Aeronova bars and stem.

We’re planning to swap bikes for a few days to really ‘try before buying’ but I don’t wanna be paying too much of the bikes are worth a similar amount.

Thanks I’m advance.

Ben.

Complete Campsite Fraser XTE

2013 Nissan Patrol Y62 ST-L

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1987 on: December 16, 2020, 05:16:25 PM »
So I’ve been using my Focus Mares CX Disc as my everything bike.

But thanks to a great and accepting local bunch I’ve caught the road riding bug and am looking to change the CX bike for a ‘true’ roadie.

As such the opportunity has come up to purchase/swap to a 2017 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two Ultegra for my Focus.

The seller is interested in pursuing gravel riding and is a big tall unit like me so it might just work as we both find XL frames difficult to come by.

However I was curious as to what others might think the value of his BMC is.

It is similarly equipped to my Focus with mechanical Ultegra running gear, both bikes are in similarly very good condition and well maintained.
I was thinking about $2k for my focus, he was thinking around $3k for his BMC.

Does $3k for a 2017 Roadmachine Ultegra sound too steep? It does have 3T Aeronova bars and stem.

We’re planning to swap bikes for a few days to really ‘try before buying’ but I don’t wanna be paying too much of the bikes are worth a similar amount.

Thanks I’m advance.

Ben.
It would be close to the mark but I'd be more inclined to say two n a half.

Just do a search for the model and year and see what that brings up for a rough idea.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1988 on: December 16, 2020, 06:39:30 PM »
Firstly I have a 2020 Roadmachine and love it. Secondly I'd say $2500 for a 2017.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Mitch92

• Tent User
« Reply #1989 on: December 19, 2020, 04:46:04 PM »
Hey all

Thinking about getting back into triathlons. Haven't done them for about 10 years so a bit out of touch. What's good and bad in road bikes these days? Looking at something like a giant, orbea or avanti with minimum 105 groupset.

Are Avanti decent bikes? I can get a good deal on a corsa but not sure really.

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1990 on: December 19, 2020, 09:05:04 PM »
Hey all

Thinking about getting back into triathlons. Haven't done them for about 10 years so a bit out of touch. What's good and bad in road bikes these days? Looking at something like a giant, orbea or avanti with minimum 105 groupset.

Avanti have some very good bikes. I have an Avanti Chrono TT bike and it rides very nicely.  ;D

Foo

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1991 on: December 21, 2020, 09:45:21 AM »
Hey all

Ive got an Avanti also - great bikes. Mine’s a Roubaix style frame so too heavy for tri.

Offline petrolburner

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1992 on: December 21, 2020, 12:13:43 PM »
Firstly I have a 2020 Roadmachine and love it. Secondly I'd say $2500 for a 2017.

Thanks

Ended up buying the Ultegra equipped roadmachine for what I think is a fair price.

Ended up keeping the gravel/CX bike and have sold the MTB, did some single track climbs on the CX bike earlier this week (on the 30mm tyres) and what a hoot!! It romps up hills just a tad quicker than a trail bike!!

Won’t get to ride the roadmachine for another week...... ahhh the anticipation!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 12:15:39 PM by petrolburner »
Complete Campsite Fraser XTE

2013 Nissan Patrol Y62 ST-L

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1993 on: December 27, 2020, 04:55:58 PM »
Valve extension for my Corima Disc wheels fixed, so I don't need to butcher the valve area.  ;D

Foo

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1994 on: December 27, 2020, 06:01:53 PM »
Oops I bought another frame...

It doesn't look much but this frame is a little special. Most people know Ken Evans as a master Aussie frame builder. Most people don't know, I know I didn't, his son Paul was a pro rider in Europe. This Reynolds 753 frame was made by Ken for himself, however Paul took it and raced on it. It has seen a lot of riding, I thought about repainting it but that would lose it's provenance, I am going to leave it as it is and build it up. I bought it from Paul and will get Ken and Paul to sign it when I pick it up.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1995 on: December 27, 2020, 06:29:02 PM »
Oops I bought another frame...

It doesn't look much but this frame is a little special. Most people know Ken Evans as a master Aussie frame builder. Most people don't know, I know I didn't, his son Paul was a pro rider in Europe. This Reynolds 753 frame was made by Ken for himself, however Paul took it and raced on it. It has seen a lot of riding, I thought about repainting it but that would lose it's provenance, I am going to leave it as it is and build it up. I bought it from Paul and will get Ken and Paul to sign it when I pick it up.

Nice pick up but me being me. I'd wanna respray it then get their sigs on it and then clear coat it but there'd be no change out $500 for the paint job.  :'(

Foo

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1996 on: December 27, 2020, 06:37:27 PM »
Nice pick up but me being me. I'd wanna respray it then get their sigs on it and then clear coat it but there'd be no change out $500 for the paint job.  :'(

That was my first thought, but then it's just another repainted frame. I'm getting Ken to clean it up, then both sign it, then I'll clear coat it to keep the patina. I'm channelling 'rat rod' style for this build. I've sourced a complete Dura-Ace 7400 groupset for it, so that should set it off nicely.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1997 on: December 27, 2020, 07:06:18 PM »
I've just spotted you on a page that I'm a member also, so no hiding from me now.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1998 on: December 27, 2020, 07:13:46 PM »
I've just spotted you on a page that I'm a member also, so no hiding from me now.

I'd better watch my p's & q's then :)

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1999 on: December 27, 2020, 07:16:48 PM »
I'd better watch my p's & q's then :)

Yep.  ;D :angel:

Foo