Author Topic: Weight distribution in tug  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Johnnos3003

• Soft Floor Camper User
Weight distribution in tug
« on: May 24, 2015, 06:42:55 PM »
Hello

I m preparing for up coming 4 week trip, which means I m going to be carrying more spares, recovery gear, tools, water and two fridges (instead of one) in the tug.

I m trying to distribute the weight as best as I can while still maintaining usability.

My truck is a twin cab hilux (2011) its fairly heavy all the time as it has a tub with fiberglass canopy with internal roof bar support and set of outback draws so its going to be right up on the GVM for this trip.

in the scheme of things with the truck being right up on GVM will it really matter if one side is 200kg heavier than the other? or am I just fussing over nothing? 

:cheers:

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Weight distribution in tug
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:47:03 AM »
If it is just you put the heavy stuff on the passenger side then your weight will offset it a fair bit
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 12:38:13 PM »
Assuming just you, or you +1, perhaps remove rear seats to maximise storage in that area.
Essentially, the more of the load that can be carried between the axles the better.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Johnnos3003

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 05:37:45 PM »
Yeah not just me mum and dad in the front kids in the back so the weight in cab will be fairly evenly spread.

So all load is in the tub.

I under stand that if you loaded one side of the tub with 500kg and the other was empty that it would affect the way the truck drives but when you talking about 200kg heavier one side when your already at GVM is it really going make much difference like what's 200kgs when your talking over 3t total?